Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Kristen Stewart is soooooooo good. If she's still just that twilight girl to you, then you owe it to yourself to see some of her other work.

Her scenes in Into the Wild are about the only thing that make that movie watchable.

Is Guardians of the Galaxy 2 a big enough movie to where you need to get there extra early for tickets/decent sitting? Thinking about ordering tickets on Fandango for a matinee showtime.

Depends on where you live and how busy your theater is. I'd guess that you probably don't hafta buy ahead of time.

About to watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Place is packed at 10:30 in the morning. Pure craziness!!

Just got home.  Enjoyed it very much.  I actually liked Guardians 2 more than the 1st one.  It's worth seeing at theaters.  Something I rarely say....  

Edited by GoPre

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is amazing. Ang Lee is such a complete filmmaker.

Is that the first you've seen it?   :o There's another one that is a similar style and I'm drawing a complete blank on the name right now, but yeah that movie is fantastic.

Edit:  House of Flying Daggers!  Another great one.

Edited by biodork

Just got out of work, putting in Miracle now. One of the best hockey movies ever.

Got that right.  Team USA pulling off arguably the greatest upset of all time makes it to where one should be thankful if they were able to watch it.  To my knowledge many were unable to see it due to the channel aloud to show the game deciding to air The Sound of Music.  

Saw Guardians 2 last night. Wasn't as good as the first one, but I still enjoyed it.

in some ways i thought it was better. in others less so.

Guardians 2 was really good. Think I liked it better than G1. It suffered from some awkward tonal shifts, but overall it's a pretty solid movie, and it keeps the MCU freight train thundering along nicely.

These about cover it.  A very good movie, blending comedy, action and emotion well.  Hard to say if it was strictly better or worse than the original.  I'll go with "on par" and point to drnkirishone's post.

Side note: Definitely still a fan of big, cushy recliners.  Sat perhaps one row too close, though.  I like feeling immersed, but it was tough keeping focused, because everything was so spread out right in front of me.

Edited by carpandean

Got that right. Team USA pulling off arguably the greatest upset of all time makes it to where one should be thankful if they were able to watch it. To my knowledge many were unable to see it due to the channel aloud to show the game deciding to air The Sound of Music.

Oh wow I didn't know that about the Sound of Music. I watched the "making of" bonus feature last night after the movie and it was really fascinating. The attention to detail and authenticity in comparison to the actual game was impressive.

These about cover it.  A very good movie, blending comedy, action and emotion well.  Hard to say if it was strictly better or worse than the original.  I'll go with "on par" and point to drnkirishone's post.

Side note: Definitely still a fan of big, cushy recliners.  Sat perhaps one row too close, though.  I like feeling immersed, but it was tough keeping focused, because everything was so spread out right in front of me.

I had to sit second row from the front for my viewing because it was so busy, so I know what you mean.

Think I'll see it again if I get a chance to get a slightly different perspective.

Finally watched the finale of Bates Motel. Incredible show, well told and acted. Cancelled too soon, could have watched another several seasons of it!

Love that show too. I think the plan was always to end it at this point, though. In a way it's good to know that they didn't keep making episodes just for the sake of milking it.

Oh wow I didn't know that about the Sound of Music. I watched the "making of" bonus feature last night after the movie and it was really fascinating. The attention to detail and authenticity in comparison to the actual game was impressive.

Yes, it most certainly was.  Wish I could've seen the game live.  Played before my time.  What helped make Miracle a great movie was the ability to draw the attention of non-hockey fans.  I remember watching Miralce w/ countless people who knew next to nothing about the sport.  But they reacted w/ a large amount excitement whenever Team USA scored.  The makers of the film did a fantastic job.  Sought athletes/actors....not actors/athletes.