Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

I think Season 1 was terrific, a few of the other seasons were quite good and a couple were OK, but I'm finding this season by far the worst -- boring, predictable, ridiculous and a chore to get through. If my wife wasn't determined to see it through to the bitter end I would have bailed by now.

The M & M moment from last week was epic.

:lol:

Btw, the GOT books are still good

They are. True was tryna count it as some victory that I said 4 and 5 have issues. Like, they're perfectly fine stories, and they even have some of the best stuff in the song of ice and fire series in them.

But as far as continuing the story started by the first three? Hah. Hah. Yeah not so good at that. Major editing problems there.

True is STILL NOT ALLOWED to assert that the show got worse when the books did. Because the show got worse when the showrunners had to make decisions. And they're dumb and bad so all their decisions are dumb and bad.

They are. True was tryna count it as some victory that I said 4 and 5 have issues. Like, they're perfectly fine stories, and they even have some of the best stuff in the song of ice and fire series in them.

But as far as continuing the story started by the first three? Hah. Hah. Yeah not so good at that. Major editing problems there.

True is STILL NOT ALLOWED to assert that the show got worse when the books did. Because the show got worse when the showrunners had to make decisions. And they're dumb and bad so all their decisions are dumb and bad.

There is a concept known as victory, and it is mine. 

Separately, I started watching Iron Fist, and two episodes in I'm not sure what to make of it...but the best part being the show opening with Outkast music probably isn't a great sign.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

There is a concept known is victory, and it is mine.

Separately, I started watching Iron Fist, and two episodes in I'm not sure what to make of it...but the best part being the show opening with Outkast music probably isn't a great sign.

Yeah I was curious at first and now everything I've heard about it has been awful.

Early quality reminds me of the first season of SHIELD. So yea, definitely not gripping me the way the other Marvel shows on Netflix have. Don't know if I'd call it terrible though.

It's taken me over a week to watch 5 episodes. I'm forcing it. It sucks. I want all the characters to die. Every single one of them suck.

There is a concept known as victory, and it is mine.

Never heard of it until Friday night, when a friend of mine popped it on claiming that I looked like the blonde guy on it.... I don't see it, and it was terrible to boot..... At least we were drunk

Yeah I was curious at first and now everything I've heard about it has been awful.

You should watch it. If nothing else, it'll make you reconsider how bad you think the GoT writers are :p

Seriously, I'm far from a critical viewer of TV shows and movies...I like to just kinda relax and enjoy the ride without over-thinking things. But holy hell, Iron Fist has hilariously bad storytelling and character development. We're talking Revolution-level bad. I'm trying to slog through it because I still have high hopes for The Defenders and want to be current with the universe, but man, it's not easy.

You should watch it. If nothing else, it'll make you reconsider how bad you think the GoT writers are :P

Seriously, I'm far from a critical viewer of TV shows and movies...I like to just kinda relax and enjoy the ride without over-thinking things. But holy hell, Iron Fist has hilariously bad storytelling and character development. We're talking Revolution-level bad. I'm trying to slog through it because I still have high hopes for The Defenders and want to be current with the universe, but man, it's not easy.

That bad huh ? was going to start watching it myself ....

Great movie.  I'm in it!  Producer asked me if the cross country team I coach could be in the movie.  Of course I said yes for the kids.  Didn't want them to miss out.  First day of shooting, had to be there at 5:30 a.m., I got my team together and started to help pass out uniforms.  Out of no where a producer threw me a uniform and said "Get dressed.  The director wants you to be in the movie."  As the filming progressed, we were on a first name basis.  Spoke quite a bit.  Seeing yourself on the big screen at different parts w/ focus on yourself and the main character is really cool, but what I liked most about the movie was the actual filming experience.  We worked from 6 to 6. Did this 5 days straight.  And this was only for a matter of minutes in the movie.  Kind of tiring, but it was beyond worth it.  Once in a lifetime opportunity really.  Gotta add seeing your name in the credits is also something you'll never forget.  Any how, if you're ever given the opportunity to be in a movie do not pass on it.  The experience is indescribable.    

I edited the thread title to eliminate the seasons.

I recently watched ... Big Fish. It was pretty good, but kind of weird in an acid trip kind of way.

Loved this movie, real trippy for sure, but it had some many levels and mind trips in it. Kinda reminded me of the life of Pi a bit.

GoPre that's awesome!

I edited the thread title to eliminate the seasons.

I recently watched ... Big Fish.  It was pretty good, but kind of weird in an acid trip kind of way.

Loved this movie, real trippy for sure, but it had some many levels and mind trips in it. Kinda reminded me of the life of Pi a bit.

GoPre that's awesome!

Thanks Wyldnwoody44! 

Big Fish was awesome.  And there's a connection between Big Fish, 1 Mile to You and Without Limits.  All have the actor Billy Crudup.  Very cool, laid back guy.  Got to know him mainly at the filming, but also hung out a bit at the after party held shortly after the premier of 1 Mile to You. 

Bolded Without Limits because he acted as Steve Prefontaine (Arguably America's greatest distance runner). I ran cross country and track in high school and for Mississippi State University, so "Pre" was my hero.  Hence the Go Pre for my profile name.  If you haven't seen Without Limits, I highly recommend it.  Couldn't tell you guys how many times I've watched that movie. 

Edited by GoPre