Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

So besides being the second leading scorer among rookies last year and being an impact player this year, we are sending another veteran as a reward for past achievements with another team?  If I am Jack I am already talking to my agent on how to get out of Buffalo.  Matthews goes, Larkin goes, McDavid in.  He is our all star caliber player and the Sabres don't send him.  I'd be pissed if I was Jack.

How is it managements fault? It's a fan vote

Fan vote for the Captains

The NHL not the teams selects the rest of the roster

Why in the actual is Jonathan Toews an NHL all star this year, in a spot that could be taken by Panarin, who is sixth in the scoring race. Toews is 160th. I guess his leadership-per-60RelTM% is what gives him the edge. 

Forwards in the Metro that have as many or more points than Toews this season: 

David Perron

James Neal

Brent Seabrook, yes, not a forward, but a declining defenseman on his own team does indeed have more points

Jaden Schwartz

Mike Ribeiro

Paul Stastny
Alex Steen

Patrick Eaves

Nino Niederreiter 

not his division but Sam freaking Reinhart has 4 more points than Toews

Mike Fisher

Matt Duchene

Marian Hossa

Jason Spezza

Filip Forsberg

Jason Zucker

Viktor Arvidsson

Robby Fabbri

Nathan MacKinnon

Mikko Koivu

Ryan Johansen

Mikael Granlund

Artem Anisimov

Charlie Coyle

Blake Wheeler

Jamie Benn

Eric Staal

Patrik Laine

Mark Scheifele

Nikolaj Ehlers

Tyler Seguin

Artemi Panarin

Vladimir Tarasenko 

Patrick Kane

Bold are the other all star forwards.

I listed them from closest-to-Toews to closest-to-1st.

The players should vote, not the fans. Or the GMs should vote. Fan voting is so dumb

Oilers drop the home blues for next year, will wear only the orange jerseys

Haha. 

So besides being the second leading scorer among rookies last year and being an impact player this year, we are sending another veteran as a reward for past achievements with another team?  If I am Jack I am already talking to my agent on how to get out of Buffalo.  Matthews goes, Larkin goes, McDavid in.  He is our all star caliber player and the Sabres don't send him.  I'd be pissed if I was Jack.

All Star selections mean nothing - Toews made it. 

I don't really want to start banging this drum yet/again already, but let's all take a deep breath and remember that the ASG is a dumb waste of time / soulless money grab from the fans/ opportunity for sponsors to have a party in return for their investment / a thing kids like, making an already too long season last longer still. 

On the other hand, the centennial celebration and LA stage means Sidney Crosby is (probably) going to bother to show up.  So it's got that going for it. 

I don't really want to start banging this drum yet/again already, but let's all take a deep breath and remember that the ASG is a dumb waste of time / soulless money grab from the fans/ opportunity for sponsors to have a party in return for their investment / a thing kids like, making an already too long season last longer still. 

On the other hand, the centennial celebration and LA stage means Sidney Crosby is (probably) going to bother to show up.  So it's got that going for it. 

I'll bang it. :flirt:  I don't want any Sabres playing in the ASG.

And yet they had the balls to leave Sid out after his slow start last year...And I don't think Toews will roar back for 80something points.

Ya, that's weird.

Looks like those ever present Toews Intangibles trump even the legend of Sid the Kid. Good grief. 

I'll bang it. :flirt:  I don't want any Sabres playing in the ASG.

I want Eichel to experience it just to be around all the other superstars so he can see how they prepare and other habits that make them successful.   It would be a good learning experience for him at his age.   

When you look at Ekblad’s first two seasons one of the things that really stood out was how well he played on a defense pairing with veteran Brian Campbell. When those two were together the Panthers were a dominant team, controlling more than 56 percent of the shot attempts at even-strength and owning a 59 percent goals for percentage.

When Ekblad was with every other defensemen on the Panthers roster over that same stretch, his possession numbers dropped down to 45 percent while his goals percentage dropped to 53 percent. With Campbell now back in Chicago, Ekblad is the one tasked with carrying his pairing (and the Panthers’ defense) and it has clearly been an adjustment for him.

http://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/players-need-step-nhls-second-half/

Is Ekblad going to fall victim to the ol' Myers-Mentor situation?

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.