Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

The leafs may lose some games 6-5 etc. but Babcock encourages their creativity and it would seem he even tells them to go for it which is the polar opposite of whats going on in Buffalo where DB seems to actually try to stifle any form of creative expression on the ice. At least thats what I'm seeing when I watch the leafs. He's teaching those kids to use their instincts and to do what comes naturally if it looks like there may be a play where you can score. the defence suffers for it but those kids will grow into an offensive juggernaut compared to the style we see in the Buffalo. I applaud the approach the leafs brass are taking. Its a treat to watch.

If you find yourself bored today, check out the replies to Auston Matthews' tweet yesterday. Theres an amazing number of salty Toronto fans simply because he tweeted ????????????????????????. Sure, some of them are in jest. But plenty are legitimately angry lol

https://twitter.com/am34/status/817224658718171138

^

The anger speaks to the level of devotion that many Canadians feel for their national junior team. Sometimes, I think that the U20 junior team is more beloved than the men's team that competes in the Olympics.

You think wrong.

The Leafs are going to make the playoffs one year after tanking. ###### Babcock

I think TB makes it and TO doesn't...

The leafs may lose some games 6-5 etc. but Babcock encourages their creativity and it would seem he even tells them to go for it which is the polar opposite of whats going on in Buffalo where DB seems to actually try to stifle any form of creative expression on the ice. At least thats what I'm seeing when I watch the leafs. He's teaching those kids to use their instincts and to do what comes naturally if it looks like there may be a play where you can score. the defence suffers for it but those kids will grow into an offensive juggernaut compared to the style we see in the Buffalo. I applaud the approach the leafs brass are taking. Its a treat to watch.

Reminds me of the early days when Punch told Perreault and Martin to forget about defense. Your job is to score

13 total shots for the Leafs

ZERO SHOTS IN THE LAST 27 MINUTES BY THE LEAFS!!!

And a 4-2 win.

And they are in a ###### playoff spot!

I can't even imagine the things that would be said about DD if the Sabres won a game this way. Actually I can.

Watching Laffs-Habs.  Caught a chunk of the Laffs game last night as well.  I'm starting to wonder if their progress has been overstated/estimated.  They're plenty of fun going forward, but boy howdy are they NC-17 in their own end.  Not just the defense, literally everyone. 

If you lose a ton of games 5-4 you still lose a ton of games.  Perhaps that one belongs in the unpopular opinion thread...

Watching Laffs-Habs.  Caught a chunk of the Laffs game last night as well.  I'm starting to wonder if their progress has been overstated/estimated.  They're plenty of fun going forward, but boy howdy are they NC-17 in their own end.  Not just the defense, literally everyone. 

If you lose a ton of games 5-4 you still lose a ton of games.  Perhaps that one belongs in the unpopular opinion thread...

They're not winning squat until they clean it up, that's for sure. Yet, they still have a positive goal differential and currently sit in a playoff spot.

The Sabres got help last night as OTT, FLA, TOR and TBL lost night

They're currently 5 points out of a playoff spot. Last week they were 10 points out. Lots of hockey left. Ennis back next week might help provide a spark.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.