Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

I was going to be there... I figured I would stop and watch the game before continuing onto Erie to spend the night before a double-header youth hockey matchup on Sunday...

But then my son went and screwed everything up by getting himself in trouble.. so he gets no reward of seeing the game and hence... neither do I.  Sigh.

I was going to be there... I figured I would stop and watch the game before continuing onto Erie to spend the night before a double-header youth hockey matchup on Sunday...

But then my son went and screwed everything up by getting himself in trouble.. so he gets no reward of seeing the game and hence... neither do I.  Sigh.

And a new fear of what is to come in the world of parenting has come to light. Suppose I'll just have to keep enjoying the toddler years while they last.

We went back and looked at Des over the years. He's literally a bottom 5 forward in the entire league

Not that I think he's great, but I tend to lump him in with Zemgus, Moulson and Ennis as players who just don't fit into Dreary Dan's Desktop Diagrammed style of hockey.

My trouble trying to find players who have improved playing Dan's way.

Risto certainly is better, but I'm loathe to give Dan credit.

Foligno, Larsson and Gionta for sure. Maybe McCabe?

I remember loving him as a prospect. We should put a claim in, doubt he's worse than Deslauriers.

Impossible.

Not that I think he's great, but I tend to lump him in with Zemgus, Moulson and Ennis as players who just don't fit into Dreary Dan's Desktop Diagrammed style of hockey.

Ha!

I may abandon Hot Daniel for Dreary Dan.

I like how the 3rd line players are the ones who've improved. #grindthosebitchesDOWN

I like how the 3rd line players are the ones who've improved. #grindthosebitchesDOWN

I'm going to post some nice analysis that a poster on hfboards did in the Bylsma thread, that addresses these points. Do come look!

I remember that Blues fans were so adamant that we weren't going to be able to pry Rattie away in a Miller trade, before the trade went down. Hope Bailey/Baptiste/Fasching don't take this route.

Yep, Rattie became Carrier.

Also Arizona is at max contracts so I believe the Sabres are number two in waiver wire priority

I'll be there to see him, if he plays.

How much are tickets to see a game there if you don't mind me asking?

I went to the Avs game in Winnipeg. The gf won the tickets. 182.00 each and they were 13 rows up from the ice at the home end for 1st and 3rd periods pretty much at the faceoff dot.

She gets so into a game on the tv that I am going to hate to see her when the inevitable happens and we eventually see a game where they lose...it ain't gonna be pretty.

Another question...I started hooting and hollering a good 10 seconds before the anthem was finished and got some dirty looks....you guys think that it is wrong to start cheering before the anthem is finished?

I went to the Avs game in Winnipeg. The gf won the tickets. 182.00 each and they were 13 rows up from the ice at the home end for 1st and 3rd periods pretty much at the faceoff dot.

She gets so into a game on the tv that I am going to hate to see her when the inevitable happens and we eventually see a game where they lose...it ain't gonna be pretty.

Another question...I started hooting and hollering a good 10 seconds before the anthem was finished and got some dirty looks....you guys think that it is wrong to start cheering before the anthem is finished?

$30-40 from what I saw, for the 300 level seats that I have, from StubHub. 

Personally, I think it's hollow to even play the anthems at sporting events, so if someone were to stay seated or keep a hat on or make some noise, I wouldn't really care. 

Yes.

$30-40 from what I saw, for the 300 level seats that I have, from StubHub.

Personally, I think it's hollow to even play the anthems at sporting events, so if someone were to stay seated or keep a hat on or make some noise, I wouldn't really care.

Prepare to duck

Yes.

Prepare to duck

First off, congrats on the win last night. Against a team that has had our number too...I see Kaner scored. Who are his linemates nowadays?

Regarding cheering during the anthem at games...Times have changed then.

A guy I used to go see a LOT of games with when Jets 1.0 were in town started cheering with 30 seconds left in the anthem. ALWAYS... By the time the anthem was finished, you could hardly hear the singer with everyone cheering. He'd start the whole arena going. I tell that to people now and they look at me like, "ya, okay." but it is true. When it is mentioned what Ben would do around one of the 6 or so of us that used to go to the games, we just shake our heads and smile. One of the quietest buddies I have but put a couple of  lagers in him and take him to the Jets' games and he turned into an animal. I'd like to think it pumped the players up a bit. We used to b$^ch that beer was over $3.00 a beer back then.

Laine with a 3 point night last night puts him in a logjam tied for 15th for points and tied for 3rd in goals. He missed one or two practices this week. I think  AM is an awesome player but I am happy and glad we have Laine. A humble, confident kid that wants nothing but Ws. I don't know why I dislike Matthews because there is no reason but he reminds me of Brendan Lemieux and I really don't care for him either.

Armia should have had 4 goals last night and a penalty shot too. Both his linemates had 2 grade A scoring chances too. I am not sure about Roslovic but I think Armia turns into the best player we got in that trade. I sure hope we don't lose him to Vegas.

....you guys think that it is wrong to start cheering before the anthem is finished?

No one in Chicago does, all 20,000 fans cheer throughout the entire anthem. If NBCSN shows the anthem you will see/hear it tomorrow night.

There's something about that face. I'm not sure what it is. Punchable, somehow.

And he reminds me vaguely of a celebrity or some mashup of celebrities -- who also probably have very punchable faces.

Not quite as punchable as Andy Dalton though.

No one in Chicago does, all 20,000 fans cheer throughout the entire anthem. If NBCSN shows the anthem you will see/hear it tomorrow night.

Not quite as punchable as Andy Dalton though.

Hmm. Much more, I think. Someone notes above that there's something vaguely Bieberish about it.

Maybe. I've got some Johnny Depp and Jack White floating around in my head as well. Their faces are not particularly punchable? But the resemblance makes me wanna punch Matthews (not really - but in a metaphorical way).

Edit: Yeah. It's Jack White for sure. 

CiDa2YZUgAAV2SX.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.