Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Friedman

“And it’s funny. I went back about a week or two ago and really did some research into that draft pick. So Ekblad goes No. 1. And the Oilers gambled a bit, but they felt that Draisaitl was not Buffalo’s guy. I asked some people, ‘Did Edmonton every try to move up to 2, just to be sure?’

“And they did a lot of research. And the teams that had Draisaitl picked No. 1 among forwards – there were a few, but they were all behind Edmonton.

“And they were sitting there and they were thinking, ‘Do we have to go up to No. 2?’ and they said they thought Buffalo would keep the pick, and they didn’t think Buffalo would take Draisaitl. And that was good intel.

“So I watched them a bit in the playoffs. It’s good for him considering – look, MacTavish loves the Oilers. He gave a lot to them. I know the fans and him had the big falling out.

“But I think it’s a great thing for him that that’s going to be a good, positive checkmark on his legacy.”

Friedman ended that portion of the discussion back on the Draisaitl contract.

“But if I’m the Oilers, I’m saying even if it’s 8 X 7, I’d probably do it,” said Friedman. “I think it’s a gamble you take at this time.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-looks-potential-cost-oilers-sign-rfa-draisaitl/

Edited by WildCard

I don't really know goalie contracts. Is this a good deal?

Little less than five per? If you're one of the many who believe Bishop is among the top dozen goalies, you're ecstatic.

If you're like me and think he's average starter at best, you're saying thank god thats not us.

Little less than five per? If you're one of the many who believe Bishop is among the top dozen goalies, you're ecstatic.

If you're like me and think he's average starter at best, you're saying thank god thats not us.

I mean, it's better than what they've had for the last 5 years, so...

Jake Allen four years $4.3

Freddie Andersen 5 @ $5

Brayden Holtby (the gold standard for younger starters) 5 @ $6.1

Bernier is finishing a two year deal @ $4.1

You know Lehner is getting at least $4 no matter the length.

Jake Allen four years $4.3

Freddie Andersen 5 @ $5

Brayden Holtby (the gold standard for younger starters) 5 @ $6.1

Bernier is finishing a two year deal @ $4.1

You know Lehner is getting at least $4 no matter the length.

Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt he'll get 4+. Like you said, another reason for Sabres fans to hate him, lol.

Indeed. the AAV is fine, but that term is brutal.

It is fine today, yes. Going into that 4th season... it probably won't be fine. Lundqvist is 35 and you can see he is starting to decline after an amazing career. Ben Bishop has shown signs of decline and he's turning 31 this season (Nov). Dallas be dumb. 

Ok, but we're about due for a crack at this.  And we DO have the infrastructure for an NHL all star game now.

I still want them to do the all star game outdoors somewhere.  It would be a much better use of that environment instead of an actual game that counts.  Unfortunately, now that they're doing 18 of those games a year now, they'll never step back from that kind of cash grab.

It was reported on Tuesday, via TSN’s Frank Seravalli, that Steve Thomas, Ray Bennett, Rick Wilson and Ty Conklin will all be leaving the organization this offseason as members of the coaching staff.

That leaves the Blues with a massive task ahead of them this summer.

Thomas, Bennett, and Wilson all served as assistant coaches for the Blues over the entire season, while Conklin was the team’s development goaltending coach for half the year. He worked with the Chicago Wolves of the AHL until Blues goaltending coach Jim Corsi was dismissed with Hitchcock in Feburary; at that point, he joined team assistant general manager Martin Brodeur in taking over Corsi’s old duties.

That fully depletes St. Louis’ coaching staff under Mike Yeo, who had also been an assistant coach before taking over at the helm. The only listed coach left is video coach Sean Ferrell; for the Blues, that’s a daunting number of positions to fill

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/st-louis-blues-confirm-majority-coaching-staff-leave-team/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.