Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

PK's not trolling anybody. You guys just don't get how big hockey has become in middle Tennessee. There is no better arena in the league than Bridgestone Arena. 

Man.

The media types talk a lot about this as well -- how frickin' fun the whole Nashville scene is overall. 

I wanna go!

PK's not trolling anybody. You guys just don't get how big hockey has become in middle Tennessee. There is no better arena in the league than Bridgestone Arena.

This may be one of those times you can troll your ex and be correct too.

I'm sure it is just as big there right now as it was here in 2007, as it was in Calgary in 2004, etc.

Not to take away anything from you folks in Tennessee.  Have fun with it!

But he is DEFINITELY trolling the Habs.

Well they're 16th in the league in terms of percentage they sell out the stadium every night. Must be wild

http://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/allPct

That says that they're 16th in overall average percentage-attendance - both home and road.

In terms of their home arena, they're 20th in terms of average actual attendance.

In terms of the percentage of sold-out home arena dates, they're 8th. They're also in excess of 100%.

That says that they're 16th in overall average percentage-attendance - both home and road.

In terms of their home arena, they're 20th in terms of average actual attendance.

In terms of the percentage of sold-out home arena dates, they're 8th. They're also in excess of 100%.

Hmm, my mistake then

How exactly is capacity percentage a measure of in-arena experience?

I would assume that the more passionate your fan base, the more often your stadium is full

Show me how big hockey has become in Tenesse, links to all the youth programs (not just one or two) and prospects coming out of Tenesse please.

Also I doubt they'd have much of a following if preds were at the bottom of the league standings, which they will be eventually as all teams are.

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

Show me how big hockey has become in Tenesse, links to all the youth programs (not just one or two) and prospects coming out of Tenesse please.

Also I doubt they'd have much of a following if preds were at the bottom of the league standings, which they will be eventually as all teams are.

These things take time. We're finally starting to see players coming out of places like Texas and California, and those states have had NHL teams since the early 90's, and those teams have won and been good. They've also dumped a lot of money into their communities. I suspect if the Preds can keep being good you'll start seeing more growth in Tennessee as a result. But you need to have kids growing up watching the team and becoming fans and then they have to have kids and want to get them on the ice. A few decades of build up is pretty reasonable.

These things take time. We're finally starting to see players coming out of places like Texas and California, and those states have had NHL teams since the early 90's, and those teams have won and been good. They've also dumped a lot of money into their communities. I suspect if the Preds can keep being good you'll start seeing more growth in Tennessee as a result. But you need to have kids growing up watching the team and becoming fans and then they have to have kids and want to get them on the ice. A few decades of build up is pretty reasonable.

We'll said. Thank you. 

Yes I suppose, good points indeed. But when language such as no other nhl city has anything on nashville etc is thrown around, thats when the lofty, generational comparisons are to be made.

I agree with what you said though, and heck if we can see more Austin Matthews types coming out of non traditional US markets then that's awesome in my book. Nashville ain't buffalo, toronto, etc is my point.

Yes I suppose, good points indeed. But when language such as no other nhl city has anything on nashville etc is thrown around, thats when the lofty, generational comparisons are to be made.

I agree with what you said though, and heck if we can see more Austin Matthews types coming out of non traditional US markets then that's awesome in my book. Nashville ain't buffalo, toronto, etc is my point.

Before moving to Nashville I thought it'd be a bunch of country folks who didn't know when to cheer. I was wrong. Knowledge of the game is probably at 95-98% of what it is up north - they know the game well, but do miss a few subtleties that you'd only get if you grew up playing hockey. But, fan enthusiasm in Nashville is off the charts and the barn is always crazy loud. The arena was built for concerts, so the acoustics are better than any arena I've been to. And, the arena experience is second to none. The games are an event down here. For the first time in franchise history, the Preds sold out every home game this year. And, that's not because anyone really thought this team would make a Cup run. It's been a slow build down here and the love affair with the team and with the game has grown year-over-year. Took about 20 years to reach critical mass. The Cup run is just icing on the cake.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/02/17/irvines-great-park-anaheim-ducks-host-icebreaking-of-mega-ice-rink-complex/amp/

Much needed new sheets here in Orange County.

Hamilton trashing Reinhart on WGR, defending his article and saying poeple didn't read it. Claiming people speculate Eichel refered to Sam when saying people are just happy to make it. Defends his article, then says he hasn't seen the advanced stats and doesn't care to anyways. Says not working out with ROR after practice lead to a decline in tip in goals

And yet, I'm somehow surprised by this

Hamilton trashing Reinhart on WGR, defending his article and saying poeple didn't read it. Claiming people speculate Eichel refered to Sam when saying people are just happy to make it. Defends his article, then says he hasn't seen the advanced stats and doesn't care to anyways. Says not working out with ROR after practice lead to a decline in tip in goals

There's something going on here. It's so weird that this keeps going.

... you know, ###### it at least they are having fun

I effing love it. I have hockey-market jealousy.

He really is adamant on the subject that Reinhart took his foot off the gas, and slacked off. At this point, I'm inclined to think there's at least some truth to it.

OTOH, he's also equally insistent that "Reinhart will be fine" (hi, Paul!) and is destined to become a very good NHL hockey player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.