Eichel injured in practice (10/12)

PASabreFan

What would you expect? This was literally the worst case scenario that got unleashed 24 hours before the opener. Talk about deflating. Doesn't make someone soft to be ultra disappointed that the thing they were most looking forward to seeing (electrifying eichel goals) is off the table.

What would you expect? This was literally the worst case scenario that got unleashed 24 hours before the opener. Talk about deflating. Doesn't make someone soft to be ultra disappointed that the thing they were most looking forward to seeing (electrifying eichel goals) is off the table.

Yup

This is a bummer for sure but there's most definitely worse scenarios.

Okay, this comes from someone ik who knows a trainer, claimed this trainer said 4-6weeks probably closer to 6.

I have no idea how reliable it is. But I wanted to pass it along.

Seems consistent with he general consensus. Early December we should have Jack back

I had a high ankle sprain a couple years back and it took about 6 months for me to be able to do whatever I wanted without tweaking it. The ~6 weeks sounds about right for when I was able to run and whatnot again, but the full stability took much longer, and had to be careful on it.

Obviously I was nowhere near the athlete Jack is, nor was I getting the kitchen sink of treatment he'll get. Just thought I'd pass it along.

I'm still half expecting Bylsma to keep Reinhart at wing and just slide Girgensons up (once O'Reilly is back, anyway). Hope to be wrong on that.

I actually think that is not the right thing to do. Sammy's been playing and practicing at wing. I don't want him trying to figure how to paly C in the NHL all of a sudden when game 1 is on us. May not be prudent.

Softest bunch of posters I've ever seen.

Please don't put me in the pillow puff pile.

I think Lehner carries the day first of all and he is probably ready for this more than anyone else on the team.  We have enough talent to get us through I think. Yes we need some bounces but what team doesn't? This is a bad break to be sure. One that we will overcome.

This will only sharpen the mental toughness of what is the building of a Stanley Cup Team. Players will rally when reality sets in and the journey begins tomorrow night. I have no doubt this team will be in the top 8 when Jack comes back and then the next level kicks in for these guys. I really think Lehner is going to be a beast in net while Ennis and Kane have great seasons.

Reinhart is going to have to learn center at the NHL level sooner or later. Last year when O'Reilly went down was the perfect time. This is another shining opportunity.

You are learning grasshopper now the pebbles from my enclenched fist.  :P

Samson the Reinharted, God I hope you can play center as well as I think

He will be better than you imagined. And this isn't a screw it tank move, when we win the Cup Samson will be at center.  Might as well get started. 

Really? S n a t c h is blocked?