Eichel injured in practice (10/12)

PASabreFan

I was looking at the replay of the injury. I know there was a shaky camera but it appeared to me that Girgensons stuck out his leg on Jack and injured him with that leg whip.

There's video of a Leafs fan in the catwalk shooting Jack's ankle.  It's going to be released any day now by Russian hackers who lost a lot of money betting against Matthews over/under for his debut game.

CunSOLUWgAAJigd.jpg

Love this.

My bottom line:  if we can have him back, "full go" (as Lindy would say), in 2 months, I'll be happy and still reasonably optimistic about making the playoffs.

Based on what others who have had the injury have said, I don't think he'll be back to his old self until next season.  Even when he can skate there will be lingering pain which will affect his stride, and anytime it gets hit it will flare up.  It will probably take an off-season of rest to get back all the way.

Based on what others who have had the injury have said, I don't think he'll be back to his old self until next season. Even when he can skate there will be lingering pain which will affect his stride, and anytime it gets hit it will flare up. It will probably take an off-season of rest to get back all the way.

I disagree. Crosby had the same injury and someone else posted that he lit it up when he returned Edited by WildCard

This article lists several (non-goalie) skaters who suffered the same injury and how long it took them to return:

http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/12/without-injured-eichel-sabres-big-challenge-awaiting/

Looks like 4 weeks is optimistic, but it also says nothing about the severity of each player's sprain.

Let's bear in mind that we're talking about an ankle sprain, and not something like major reconstructive knee surgery or a ruptured achilles.  

High ankle sprains stink, and it'll be a good chunk of time before he'll return to the lineup, but there is no reason to believe that he won't be fully recovered and scoring goals months before the end of the season.  Let's hope for Christmas time, and grab some wins in the meantime.

Let's bear in mind that we're talking about an ankle sprain, and not something like major reconstructive knee surgery or a ruptured achilles.  

High ankle sprains stink, and it'll be a good chunk of time before he'll return to the lineup, but there is no reason to believe that he won't be fully recovered and scoring goals months before the end of the season.  Let's hope for Christmas time, and grab some wins in the meantime.

hear, hear.

but let's maybe say thanksgiving, just for funsies?

Honestly, if this team can't do without Eichel sooner rather than later? They're not going anywhere.

It sucks, but a sophomore player shouldn't be the deciding factor, if his team wins or not.

Or at least not, the sole deciding factor.

Exactly. If it takes one player to carry this team then it's not a well-rounded team. And it is.

I will take what I can get at this point. Calling it moderate, and pointing out that he's going to be out weeks not days, are very positive signs.

They are?  I don't think a coach would ever come out and say severe.  I think moderate is the worst one can give in coachspeak.  Also saying weeks vs days to my ears is hearing more like 8 weeks rather than 4-6.  Hope I'm wrong.

Anyone know what our record was without ROR last year?

Injury doesn't sound like it will be much longer, and ROR was a more important player.

Wow, the bolded is very debatable.