Eichel injured in practice (10/12)

PASabreFan

FYI: depending on the stablitiy of the ankle, Jack could be back in the exercise room in a week and then back skating in 3 weeks from today. I'd therefore say that he could be back playing in as little as a month. My expectation is 6-8 weeks.

The deal is not excercising it say on a bike. What I remember taking the longest to heal was that lateral muscle/ligament you need to really push off when skating. After initial shock didnt hurt much to stand but. any kinda side to side motion hurt almost like right below the side of my calf was messing with me and that took the longest to come around.

Hurt In Practice Pivoting Ankle?

No the xray/MRI results. Edited by North Buffalo

The deal is not excercising it say on a bike. What I remember taking the longest to heal was that lateral muscle/ligament you need to really push off when skating. After initial shock didnt hurt much to stand but. any kinda side to side motion hurt almost like the side of my calf was messing with me and that took the longest to come around.No the xray/MRI results.

That goes to ankle stability and that is the real issue. Lehner couldn't push off and that was the problem. Hoepfully Jack's will be less severe.

The deal is not excercising it say on a bike. What I remember taking the longest to heal was that lateral muscle/ligament you need to really push off when skating. After initial shock didnt hurt much to stand but. any kinda side to side motion hurt almost like right below the side of my calf was messing with me and that took the longest to come around.

No the xray/MRI results.

That goes to ankle stability and that is the real issue. Lehner couldn't push off and that was the problem. Hoepfully Jack's will be less severe.

Agreed. Also not so much ankle as ligament muscle attachment on the side of the fibula and some of webbing ligament between the tibia and fibula. More lower leg kinda pain. Edited by North Buffalo

We have nowhere near that level of depth though

Ah , Danny's out. Who in the world can take his place? Pominville? What? That kid just cleared waivers... Vanek will be good but he's a rookie and has been a non-factor so far... All of the prognosticators have us bottom five... It's November 9th, and we're 7-8-0 and in last place in the division. 11 points behind Ottawa, already. They just beat us 6-1. Roy and Goose had great years in Rochester last year but are just rookies and won't have much of an impact. An unproven guy in net, Mair/Fitzpatrick/Pyatt having to play half of the season due to injuries. This season is wasted and over. It sucks to be a Buffalo sports fan. Now it's two games later, 8-9-0. It's over, folks.

Those numbers are all accurate.

Ah ######, Danny's out. Who in the world can take his place? Pominville? What? That kid just cleared waivers... Vanek will be good but he's a rookie and has been a non-factor so far... All of the prognosticators have us bottom five... It's November 9th, and we're 7-8-0 and in last place in the division. 11 points behind Ottawa, already. They just beat us 6-1. Roy and Goose had great years in Rochester last year but are just rookies and won't have much of an impact. An unproven guy in net, Mair/Fitzpatrick/Pyatt having to play half of the season due to injuries. This season is wasted and over. It sucks to be a Buffalo sports fan. Now it's two games later, 8-9-0. It's over, folks.

Good man. :worthy:

Ah ######, Danny's out. Who in the world can take his place? Pominville? What? That kid just cleared waivers... Vanek will be good but he's a rookie and has been a non-factor so far... All of the prognosticators have us bottom five... It's November 9th, and we're 7-8-0 and in last place in the division. 11 points behind Ottawa, already. They just beat us 6-1. Roy and Goose had great years in Rochester last year but are just rookies and won't have much of an impact. An unproven guy in net, Mair/Fitzpatrick/Pyatt having to play half of the season due to injuries. This season is wasted and over. It sucks to be a Buffalo sports fan. Now it's two games later, 8-9-0. It's over, folks.

I wish I had your optimism. If ROR and Okposo were 100%, maybe I would. One of them goes down, and we're really Edited by WildCard

Crosby missed 6 weeks (and 3 days) to a high ankle sprain in the middle of his 3rd season.   

He came back and picked up where he left off, I'm not too concerned about this dragging out the rest of the season.

Crosby missed 6 weeks (and 3 days) to a high ankle sprain in the middle of his 3rd season.   

He came back and picked up where he left off, I'm not too concerned about this dragging out the rest of the season.

Yeh never bothered me again once properly healed and I was never that kinda athlete.

Well played and I for one am looking forward to Samson in the pivot. Maybe a Carrier or Baptiste sighting or even a Bailey look.  It's the start of the season. Can't postpone it simply have to be ready to play with what we have.  DD is going to be under a microscope with how he adjusts.

At least Sabres catch a good break in that Price has the flu or something.. 

Yeah, which is good news.   Unfortunately Montreal's backup, Montoya, is hardly a Lalime caliber scrub.  Guy had a 2.18 ERA and a .919 SVG% with 22 starts last season.   Sabres are gonna have to bring it!    

Well played and I for one am looking forward to Samson in the pivot. Maybe a Carrier or Baptiste sighting or even a Bailey look. It's the start of the season. Can't postpone it simply have to be ready to play with what we have. DD is going to be under a microscope with how he adjusts.

I'm still half expecting Bylsma to keep Reinhart at wing and just slide Girgensons up (once O'Reilly is back, anyway). Hope to be wrong on that.

I was thinking about Pommers and also Stafford's arrivals in the NHL. Like Fasching, Stafford played 3 years in college before going pro. Drew demolished the AHL with 22 goals in 34 games before joining the Sabres and adding 13 goals in 41 games. I don't see any reason why Fasching can't be at least that effective.