Eichel injured in practice (10/12)

PASabreFan

Wow, the bolded is very debatable. 

I agree with him for last year. This year I would say it's not the case though. Jack is more important to me than ROR now.

Based on what others who have had the injury have said, I don't think he'll be back to his old self until next season.  Even when he can skate there will be lingering pain which will affect his stride, and anytime it gets hit it will flare up.  It will probably take an off-season of rest to get back all the way.

My experience was that weakness, rather than pain, was the problem upon return to activity. The ankle felt like it was going to give out (and sometimes it did, but the pain resulting from that didn't really inhibit continued activity) when real force was put on it, or if it moved outside of a perfect motion (hard to describe, really). That aspect of the injury is what lingered on for me.

They are?  I don't think a coach would ever come out and say severe.  I think moderate is the worst one can give in coachspeak.  Also saying weeks vs days to my ears is hearing more like 8 weeks rather than 4-6.  Hope I'm wrong.

Wow, the bolded is very debatable. 

Is it? I thought ROR was clearly more important to the team last year than Eichel was.

Am I remembering correctly that Ennis had a high ankle sprain? Like 3-4 years ago? He was out for like 15 games, came back, re-injured it and was out another 15 games.

You are according to Wikipedia..

The following season Ennis was placed on the injured reserve twice for a lingering ankle sprain that first occurred in a game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Ennis rejoined the Sabres after the 2012 NHL All-Star Game.

Am I remembering correctly that Ennis had a high ankle sprain? Like 3-4 years ago? He was out for like 15 games, came back, re-injured it and was out another 15 games.

Yep - 2011-2012 season. He hurt it  early in the season (October 22), and then came back six weeks later, 12/2. He played for a couple of weeks, and then was shut down from 12/17-1/31 (which is more like 7 weeks). 

My experience was that weakness, rather than pain, was the problem upon return to activity. The ankle felt like it was going to give out (and sometimes it did, but the pain resulting from that didn't really inhibit continued activity) when real force was put on it, or if it moved outside of a perfect motion (hard to describe, really). That aspect of the injury is what lingered on for me.

Is it? I thought ROR was clearly more important to the team last year than Eichel was.

I thought the debate was whether ROR was more important to the team last year than Eichel is to the team this year.

Eichel could be back in less than two weeks if the Sabres medical team didn't have a stick up their...

Two words. Russell Wilson.

You've been cryptic and correct before, so I'll take your word for it. Anything 4 weeks and under and I'm ecstatic

You've been cryptic and correct before, so I'll take your word for it. Anything 4 weeks and under and I'm ecstatic

It won't be less than 4. Some powerplay going on with them is what I heard. Even TPegs wants to go outside the organization for help.

It won't be less than 4. Some powerplay going on with them is what I heard. Even TPegs wants to go outside the organization for help.

Going on with who? Our medical staff? If TPegs was ever gonna meddle, meddle now Edited by WildCard

This would certainly fit my narrative about the Sabres training staff, etc., being inadequate.

This isn't training staff, though. It's medical staff.

Nah?

Again, it'd help if Chz were to be more plain and clear with what has been "heard." Fwiw, no one on the Twittersphere, as far as I can tell, is saying a peep about this.

This isn't training staff, though. It's medical staff.

Nah?

Again, it'd help if Chz were to be more plain and clear with what has been "heard." Fwiw, no one on the Twittersphere, as far as I can tell, is saying a peep about this.

Same difference in my book. Player health is the goal of both groups, and it's something the Sabres have struggled with for years.

I love hearing stories about players with high ankle sprains that we all totally forgot about, like Ennis, or Crosby. He really will be okay!

Of course he will. But don't pretend you won't be climbing onto the ledge I occupied yesterday if he comes back and re-injures it a la Ennis. :p

Edited by TrueBlueGED