Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

BS charges or not, one of the three women or the bouncer involved has decided to press those bullschit charges. The police have a responsibility to respect that. 

I wonder. 

I have a feeling that this is an example of someone being overcharged to make a point.

I had mentioned in an earlier post a few days ago that a friend of mine had heard from someone at the bar that night that this is much ado about absolutely nothing.  I have no idea whether this is true.

I do suspect that this is all a show though. 

I wonder. 

I have a feeling that this is an example of someone being overcharged to make a point.

I had mentioned in an earlier post a few days ago that a friend of mine had heard from someone at the bar that night that this is much ado about absolutely nothing.  I have no idea whether this is true.

I do suspect that this is all a show though. 

Perhaps. But I gotta wonder why? Why would the police seek to make a point out of Evander Kane? For whose benefit is this show they are putting on? As Sabre fans, we all hope Kane is an upstanding citizen. Why would the police seek to negate that image?

So, my wife and I had a conversation about this. I am convinced this smacks of the city cooperating with the Sabres in a last ditch effort to scare/reform Kane. The Sabres are the only ones who benefit from today's activities.

Dude loves to see himself in the media, but, they gamble, not like this. Seeing himself on TSN in cuffs needs to scare him into making life changes. Not saying it will work, but all signs point to the effort.

I don't think I need to outline how a change in behaviour benefits the Sabrez.

Dude loves to see himself in the media, but, they gamble, not like this. Seeing himself on TSN in cuffs needs to scare him into making life changes. Not saying it will work, but all signs point to the effort.

I don't think I need to outline how a change in behaviour benefits the Sabrez.

So the Sabres had their star winger arrested to scare him?

Even if they wanted the possibility of a suspension, and all of the negative media, and the drastic decline of his trade value, why in the world would the police decide to or not to do their job based on the whims of a sports owner?

Edited by WildCard

So the Sabres had their star winger arrested to scare him?

Even if they wanted the possibility of a suspension, and all of the negative media, and the drastic decline of his trade value, why in the world would the police decide to or not to do their job based on the whims of a sports owner?

Because the police, prosecutors, and judges don't always believe civil punishments are the right punishments.

What do you think community service is?

Why is it so difficult to believe? We are an enlightened society, and the crimes are low rent. They know he'll walk away from this incident-why not take advantage of it.

So, my wife and I had a conversation about this. I am convinced this smacks of the city cooperating with the Sabres in a last ditch effort to scare/reform Kane. The Sabres are the only ones who benefit from today's activities.

And also plummets his trade value. I don't think this had anything to do with the Sabres.

This likely has to do with: you know that black guy on the Sabres? He must be doing something wrong. Keep a close eye on him and charge him if needed.

And also plummets his trade value. I don't think this had anything to do with the Sabres.

This likely has to do with: you know that black guy on the Sabres? He must be doing something wrong. Keep a close eye on him and charge him if needed.

I am one who has deep feelings for civil rights but do we need to reduce everything to white,black,or whatever color of choice? Once again the media seems to and we buy into it. Is there any such things as objective thinking or do we automatically assume the worst?

I think everything that happened today was warranted and fine. It seems, in my experience of watching police file charges against suspects, common to file a more serious charge in a group of charges in order to protect against plea deals or charges being dropped all together.

The trespassing charge makes sense to be me if the information they have is that he was told to leave by an employee at the bar and refused to do so. The bar claims that he was not trespassing because the General Manager didn't ask him to leave and the General Manager is the one who has final say on people be removed (I'm totally using this in my defense in the future).

Because the police, prosecutors, and judges don't always believe civil punishments are the right punishments.

What do you think community service is?

Why is it so difficult to believe? We are an enlightened society, and the crimes are low rent. They know he'll walk away from this incident-why not take advantage of it.

Occam's razor. Possibility does not equal probability. Your theory relies on a ton of unlikely claims, why would I believe that? Because it fits a narrative?

That's some old time hockey.

We need more of it in this world.

So why didn't they do this to O'Reilly?   

I don't buy it.

The keys are the unusual cuffing with a news photog present and the trespassing charge that heretofore wasn't.

I still think it's trespassing. The bar is obviously trying to argue against it because they want stars and high rollers to still come but the previous reports said the bouncer asked him to leave. I think it's fair for the law to deflect the bar's pathetic attempt to get away from incriminating one of their strongest customers.

The handcuffing in front of a photographer is whatever. The Buffalo News has access to Buffalo Police records (other news agencies in town do not have this access) so I wouldn't be shocked if they knew of Kane this way. More likely, though, is that they got tipped off about it.

I don't believe it's abnormal for police or prosecutors to inform media of arrangements made to turn in high-profile suspect.

1. ROR vs Kane - different countries judicial system, thus different procedures.

2. Different evidence -ROR's truck was at the crime scene, but not ROR, and there wasn't any witnesses as to who was driving. Kane is on surveillance tape.

3. Police and the media often work together, especially when the police want the people to think that celebs don't get a pass. Obviously this doesn't apply to the FBI and Mrs. Clinton.

1. ROR vs Kane - different countries judicial system, thus different procedures.

2. Different evidence -ROR's truck was at the crime scene, but not ROR, and there wasn't any witnesses as to who was driving. Kane is on surveillance tape.

3. Police and the media often work together, especially when the police want the people to think that celebs don't get a pass. Obviously this doesn't apply to the FBI and Mrs. Clinton.

you missed one...

4. Skin color

I'm joking. Anyway, when do the mug shots hit the press? ...and will he be holding phat stacks yo?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.