Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

That's not the point.  The Buffalo News doesn't just blame Kane - they have to add that it's incompetence on the part of the organization and that Sullivan was right about it.  Why can't the piece say "The Sabres took a chance on Kane and he's blowing it"?  The answer is because they're really bad at what they do.

That's only part of the answer. The other part is that Sully, Bucky, etc., are still butt hurt at Pegula's admonishment when he bought the team and the subsequent "freeze out" of certain BN personnel from access to information from both the Sabres and Bills organizations. They have checked their impartiality at the door as a result. 

GO SABRES!!!

That's only part of the answer. The other part is that Sully, Bucky, etc., are still butt hurt at Pegula's admonishment when he bought the team and the subsequent "freeze out" of certain BN personnel from access to information from both the Sabres and Bills organizations. They have checked their impartiality at the door as a result. 

GO SABRES!!!

Butt hurt or still stupefied at the ignorance of the remark? That the News' coverage of the Sabres was part of the reason the team had quit, that, if only the coverage were more positive, the players might perform better. #hockeyiq

As Harrington responded that day, when the team was making playoff runs in 06 and 07, the paper was full of page after page of great coverage, full-page posters and the like. Bottom line is that as bad as the Sabres have been under Pegula, they have earned every bit of negative coverage. It's just the way it is, and it would be 10x worse if the Sabres were the Leafs, Rangers, Canadiens, etc.

Butt hurt or still stupefied at the ignorance of the remark? That the News' coverage of the Sabres was part of the reason the team had quit, that, if only the coverage were more positive, the players might perform better. #hockeyiq

As Harrington responded that day, when the team was making playoff runs in 06 and 07, the paper was full of page after page of great coverage, full-page posters and the like. Bottom line is that as bad as the Sabres have been under Pegula, they have earned every bit of negative coverage. It's just the way it is, and it would be 10x worse if the Sabres were the Leafs, Rangers, Canadiens, etc.

He's been the owner for what 4.5 seasons.  The first full was an attempt to spend money, extend Lindy and multiple attempts at honoring past Sabres - and started spending a ton of money upgrading the facilities.  They quickly changed course and started the tank which clearly was an overwhelmingly good decision.  He's been an absolutely amazing owner and the fruits are starting to show.  Sullivan doesn't want anyone to believe that because he's bitter.  He's realizing no one cares what he thinks and he hates that even more - and then he writes a pitiful article like this.  I've spent a few nights with Sullivan but I don't pretend to know him well - however what you do quickly pick up on is he's a hateful little man.

That's not the point.  The Buffalo News doesn't just blame Kane - they have to add that it's incompetence on the part of the organization and that Sullivan was right about it.  Why can't the piece say "The Sabres took a chance on Kane and he's blowing it"?  The answer is because they're really bad at what they do.

The Buffalo news has always seemed to hold a grudge. Who cares ? They'll continue to report it with the usual Buffalo news slant. People here will continue to comment with their biases and apparently Kane will continue to screw up . Imo people shouldn't sugar coat what Kanes done or imply that he's somehow the victim here. The one way he can make it all go away is to become the professional he's paid to be and stop getting himself into these types of situations. Kid needs a babysitter.

Definitely butt hurt. Other journalists in attendance at that meeting were, and are still, stupefied at the remark. But they didn't draw any battle lines as a result. They checked their impartiality, unlike certain BN scribes who literally get red-faced when past over for scoops from either organization. 

No doubt the organization has earned negative coverage. Other writers are just better at it than others. 

GO SABRES!!!

He's been the owner for what 4.5 seasons.  The first full was an attempt to spend money, extend Lindy and multiple attempts at honoring past Sabres - and started spending a ton of money upgrading the facilities.  They quickly changed course and started the tank which clearly was an overwhelmingly good decision.  He's been an absolutely amazing owner and the fruits are starting to show.  Sullivan doesn't want anyone to believe that because he's bitter.  He's realizing no one cares what he thinks and he hates that even more - and then he writes a pitiful article like this.  I've spent a few nights with Sullivan but I don't pretend to know him well - however what you do quickly pick up on is he's a hateful little man.

I met Sully a few times before I left BLo. I was tending bar pt at WCB Heroes on main st and he would come in.  He was a new hire and an arrogant pos.  He once retorted during a sports argument, Seaver v Ryan, to be exact that "and that is why people like you were meant to be born and remain in this shithole of a.city."  I have yet to see anything that convinces me he has changed his opinion on that front.  

Very well said.

Just to be clear, for those who didn't read Sullivan's short commentary, it doesn't mention Pegula. Sullivan writes that maybe GMTM was wrong when he said he wasn't worried about Kane's character when he made the trade.

Just to be clear, for those who didn't read Sullivan's short commentary, it doesn't mention Pegula. Sullivan writes that maybe GMTM was wrong when he said he wasn't worried about Kane's character when he made the trade.

You're correct - you mentioned Pegula not Sullivan.

In response to Sullivan writing about GMTM - he's also wrong about that.  Instead of blaming Kane for his actions - he has to opine that he was right and the GM of a major sports team wasn't.  He again clearly doesn't understand what GMTM is doing and can't comprehend that signing Kane is precisely the type of thing this team should be doing. 

The article also has blatant errors. It says that we signed Kane to a 6 year deal. Is that intentional or accidental incompetence on the writer's part?

The article also has blatant errors. It says that we signed Kane to a 6 year deal. Is that intentional or accidental incompetence on the writer's part?

Oh no that was intentional - there's no other reason to word it that way.  Makes it look like it was a separate event instead of when we traded for him that's the contract we took on.  Sullivan is a POS man - he lives for this crap because he seriously hates Buffalo - but he's so incredibly lazy he can't leave.  TBN is stuck with him too because they can't keep young talent like Tyler Dunne. 

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/07/22/sources-say-evander-kane-was-acting-as-celebrity-bartender-when-trouble-erupted-last-month/

Apparently he was "guest" bartending at Bottom's Up the night of the alleged incident... an accuser states that at one point he reach over the bar and grabbed a handful of titties, which was frowned upon.  

The attorney for the bar says....

“We understand that someone associated with the bar has signed a complaint stating that he was trespassing. But the general manager, who was the person in charge that night, says he was not trespassing and was not ejected.”

I'd love to see video of this because there's so many conflicting reports, who knows what really happened.

“We understand that someone associated with the bar has signed a complaint stating that he was trespassing. But the general manager, who was the person in charge that night, says he was not trespassing and was not ejected.”

Then there really isn't a case, is there?

Well, according to the manager in charge that night, no.    However, the person who signed the trespassing complaint is  "associated with the bar", so it could be a bouncer or bartender who saw something they didn't like, or maybe Kane insulted them (or grabbed their girlfriend's boobs) and this is their way of getting back at him.

I agree.

How could there be if the people who own or manage the bar say he was not trespassing?!?

This will have a similar result to the ROR incident.

Just my two cents.

Nice. Wasn't Texas Stadium always "dry"?

No.  Irving Texas, where the stadium stood, is a dry city.  But they made a special exception for the stadium itself.  (I've watched the Bills play there.  It was kind of a crappy stadium to be honest.)

No.  Irving Texas, where the stadium stood, is a dry city.  But they made a special exception for the stadium itself.  (I've watched the Bills play there.  It was kind of a crappy stadium to be honest.)

When I lived down there, recall a major controversy of Jerrah trying to get the stadium declared a "fine restaurant" to be allowed to sell swill like Lone Star & Shiner Bock in that dump that "God could look down on." He didn't get it right off, but pretty sure he did by the mid-'90's.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.