Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

There are some empty seats sure, but it ain't empty by any stretch.

Yep, I still don't care for him and I believe we'll have a different coach when we finally win a cup, regardless of their improved play as of late. For now, I'm just enjoying the extra elbow room.

Edited by Drunkard

• 5 months later...

Pursuant to an ACD (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal) plea reached back in October.

Given how quiet the thing had gone, this makes sense.

It also makes sense that the DA and the Court agreed it was wise to ACD charges brought arising from a bar fight.

Time has eased my personal distaste for Kane's d-baggery. I still don't want him as part of the team's core, and would prefer that he be moved for a d-man asset, if possible.

Pursuant to an ACD (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal) plea reached back in October.

Given how quiet the thing had gone, this makes sense.

It also makes sense that the DA and the Court agreed it was wise to ACD charges brought arising from a bar fight.

Time has eased my personal distaste for Kane's d-baggery. I still don't want him as part of the team's core, and would prefer that he be moved for a d-man asset, if possible.

I understand this, and I felt similarly before (especially when it was like, 3 offseasons in a row of him getting in trouble), but I'm off that train I think. Its hard for me to believe because he's been in the league for so long, but he's only 25. He's just hitting his "prime", and if he's actually matured then he is the exact sort of player I want on my team when they make the playoffs. Kane is MADE for playoff hockey, and he's never gotten to experience it; I want him on my side when he does.

I'd love him to get like a 5 year, $5m per deal from us. There's no one else on this team that does what he does.

I actually meant to hit 6, which is what Okposo is making and he just signed last offseason. Could that get it done? Or are we talking 6.5 to 7. per.

My assumption is...

He is worth around 6.5-7 on the open market.

He may take less to stay in Buffalo if:

1. We start winning and are in the playoffs

2. He likes the coach

3. The GM doesn't BS him and his agent.

To go to another team so he can get a chance to win the SC for 6.5-7 is going to be tough. Every team that goes deep on playoff runs is always trying to make cap. They have a hard time putting that type of salary on a winning team. But there are a half a dozen teams that will pay him that in hopes he makes them a playoff team.

To me it's a 50/50 chance he resigns here. Mostly because I believe he will sign to the team that pays him the most.

My assumption is...

2. He likes the coach

To go to another team so he can get a chance to win the SC for 6.5-7 is going to be tough. Every team that goes deep on playoff runs is always trying to make cap. They have a hard time putting that type of salary on a winning team. But there are a half a dozen teams that will pay him that in hopes he makes them a playoff team.

To me it's a 50/50 chance he resigns here. Mostly because I believe he will sign to the team that pays him the most.

I think he's all about the paycheck, too.  We'll see.

My assumption is...

2. He likes the coach

I think he also likes the guys here. He caught a lot of sh*t in Winnipeg because the other players in the room weren't nice to him. The relationship with the other players seems better here. Maybe he doesn't want to gamble that away just to take some more money? He could be the guy in the room everyone hates again. 

I think he also likes the guys here. He caught a lot of sh*t in Winnipeg because the other players in the room weren't nice to him. The relationship with the other players seems better here. Maybe he doesn't want to gamble that away just to take some more money? He could be the guy in the room everyone hates again. 

Very true.

He has been the odd man out, and it's a dark and scary place.

How much is that worth?

Very true.

How much is that worth?

I also wonder if his having to be on his best behavior was kind of a lifestyle awakening for him? Even his instagram activity has become somewhat mundane as if he's mellowing out. Buffalo can have that effect on people. Sometimes being a rockstar isn't all it's cracked up to be. 

Very true.

How much is that worth?

I believe it's worth $73,248. Not enough to turn down an extra million dollars per year for 5 years. 

The thing is people rarely determine that the reason they are the hated guy in the room is because of themselves. In Kane's mind, he just happened to have a bad situation in Winnipeg. He's not the problem and wouldn't be on his new team either. So why would he take less money?

Edited by Sakman

I think he's all about the paycheck, too.  We'll see.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but I agree that any Buffalo discount will be negligible.  If they want to keep him, they're going to have to pay the market rate -- ie at least what KO got.

I have to say, that much money locked up in a pair of wings scares me a bit.  It's one thing when you've got good young guys on their ELCs, but those are about to end.  Edmonton is the only team that immediately came to mind with that much locked up on wings (Eberle, Lucic), but we'll see what happens there once McDavid maxes out (and Draisaitl's raise).

Is there anyone else, Minnesota maybe?

I have to believe he has grown a lot these last few seasons. That he will also take advice from his agent that the most money doesn't mean success and happiness.

It is against his agent's own interest to offer that advice, of course.

It is against his agent's own interest to offer that advice, of course.

I would hope his agent wants a rich happy client over a slightly richer miserable client.

But thankfully I've never dealt with agents, so I'm assuming a lot here.

Are agents only about the most commision they can make?

I would hope his agent wants a rich happy client over a slightly richer miserable client.

But thankfully I've never dealt with agents, so I'm assuming a lot here.

Are agents only about the most commision they can make?

Does the Pope in the woods?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.