Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

He said if E Kane was white, he wouldn't have been charged and arrested. Seems pretty clear to me. Or was my example of a white hockey player not white enough?

I think what he meant is his arrest being pictured and it being for lesser charges than the more serious accusations is because he's black.

Gosh that's a pretty big stretch to invoke racism. Your post doesn't make sense all the way to tongue and cheek to arrest him for that crime.

The only thing I can see having an issue with is the picture being taken - but taking a picture of a known person has been happening for a very long time and isn't inherently racial.

What specifically doesn't make sense?

So, if Patrick Kane was accused of grabbing a woman by the throat, pulling her hair, and trying to force her into a car after calling her a slut, he wouldn't have any charges brought against him? All four complainants, the three women and bouncer, would have decided NOT to press charges because P Kane is white? That is absurd.

I think you need to read this:

http://aol.com/article/2016/01/21/patrick-kane-accused-again-of-rape/21300896/

http://motherjones.com/media/2015/09/patrick-kane-sexual-assault-case-explainer

2 women assaulted. 1 perpetrator. Why was P Kane not arrested on some trumped up charge of harassment or some other bogus charge?

So, to answer question: Yes. I firmly believe that if his name was Patrick and had a pale looking face, this arrest would NOT of happened. Can I be any clearer?

Then there really isn't a case, is there?

I'm betting yes there is now. They have video.

Well, according to the manager in charge that night, no.    However, the person who signed the trespassing complaint is  "associated with the bar", so it could be a bouncer or bartender who saw something they didn't like, or maybe Kane insulted them (or grabbed their girlfriend's boobs) and this is their way of getting back at him.

This is why there is a case. Someone associated with the bar signed the complaint. Probably no longer has a job. But if he or she has signed other complaints there is most definitely a case then.

I agree.

How could there be if the people who own or manage the bar say he was not trespassing?!?

This will have a similar result to the ROR incident.

Just my two cents.

See above and the reason the owners, managers would say this is to avoid SLA but that seems too late as I just heard they are now investigating this as well.

Fwiw, the State Liquor Authority is involved now.

I don't think that has much bearing on Kane, at least directly.

But to the extent the SLA is looking at mismanagement at the bar itself (whether in allowing Kane behind the bar or in dealing with dangerous beahviour), that could tend to put pressure on the Bottoms Up people who, up until this point, have been aligned with Kane. If they're getting pinched, maybe they'll become less friendly toward him.

the reason the owners, managers would say this is to avoid SLA but that seems too late as I just heard they are now investigating this as well.

Ahhh, right. Interesting.

Fwiw, the State Liquor Authority is involved now.

I don't think that has much bearing on Kane, at least directly.

But to the extent the SLA is looking at mismanagement at the bar itself (whether in allowing Kane behind the bar or in dealing with dangerous beahviour), that could tend to put pressure on the Bottoms Up people who, up until this point, have been aligned with Kane. If they're getting pinched, maybe they'll become less friendly toward him.

Ahhh, right. Interesting.

Weird.  We don't have bartender licenses in NYS, so why would it be a problem for the SLA if Kane were behind the bar?

What specifically doesn't make sense?

I think you need to read this:

http://aol.com/article/2016/01/21/patrick-kane-accused-again-of-rape/21300896/

http://motherjones.com/media/2015/09/patrick-kane-sexual-assault-case-explainer

2 women assaulted. 1 perpetrator. Why was P Kane not arrested on some trumped up charge of harassment or some other bogus charge?

So, to answer question: Yes. I firmly believe that if his name was Patrick and had a pale looking face, this arrest would NOT of happened. Can I be any clearer?

Why wasn't P Kane arrested? Because the complainant did not to press charges after a months long investigation yielded little to bring to court. You seem to dismiss the four complainants in the E Kane case and their decision to press charges as unimportant. So again, to suggest P Kane, with those same four complainants pressing charges, wouldn't have been treated in the same manner, is absurd. Especially when considering both Kanes are represented by the same defense lawyer.  

Weird.  We don't have bartender licenses in NYS, so why would it be a problem for the SLA if Kane were behind the bar?

Fair question. I suspect the SLA would be able to invoke some catchall provision regarding operations of on-premises establishments, and that the establishment could run into problems for allowing the place to run amok.

The one thing I've learned when dealing with the SLA: You can read the statute. You can read the regs. But you'll have little to no idea what the authority is inclined to do about something until you talk to someone with the SLA.

I'm not for or against it. I think we've crossed the line of being too politically correct when I highly doubt the statement was meant to have any racial connotations in the first place.

Pretty sure the rest of your statement suggests you're for it. 

And you are absolutely correct that we've taken PC way too far in this country. We've bastardized the language and sabotaged satire as a result, too. 

Pretty sure the rest of your statement suggests you're for it. 

And you are absolutely correct that we've taken PC way too far in this country. We've bastardized the language and sabotaged satire as a result, too. 

You're right, I am for it because it wasn't racially motivated. 

I'll raise my hand to disagree that it's overly-PC to suggest that the metaphor of lynching should be avoided when discussing a criminal (or other disciplinary) proceeding against a black guy.

Fair enough, we'll just have to agree to disagree.  ;)

The civil suit is related to the December incident at the Harborcenter and was leaked in the media the day Kane was arrested. It just got lost in the shuffle.

The woman he came with is claiming he told her there was a party he would take her to and then ended up just taking her back to his place (which is what Darren Sharper used to do to his victims).

The civil suit is related to the December incident at the Harborcenter and was leaked in the media the day Kane was arrested. It just got lost in the shuffle.

The woman he came with is claiming he told her there was a party he would take her to and then ended up just taking her back to his place (which is what Darren Sharper used to do to his victims).

Or mixed in the shuffle. I think I'd heard about the civil lawsuit from the prior incident.

This guy, man. Blechk.

Let's not compare what Darren Sharper did to his victims to EK.  If there were a comparison, EK would have and should have been indicted for the December incident. 

Let's not compare what Darren Sharper did to his victims to EK. If there were a comparison, EK would have and should have been indicted for the December incident.

It's not a comparison to what Darren Sharper did to the women, it's a comparison to how both men got the women back to their place. In Kane's case it appears the woman got away before actually entering his place (parking lot) whereas the women in Sharper's case did not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.