Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

Ashley Rowe (WKBW):

BREAKING: I have learned Sabres Forward Evander Kane has been arrested by Buffalo Police. No further details at this time. @WKBW

If this is related to the previous incident we can obviously merge threads.

Edited by Hoss

ridiculous non charge IMO..

hopefully this douche wisens up but I agree .. trade his ass as fast as you can. Too much smoke this early in his Sabres careeer

It's not the only charge he is facing, it's just the only charge he would be arrested on. Other charges are tickets.

I don't know which mod decided drinking and modding was a good idea, but here's what's going on this morning:

Buff News: Buffalo News: BREAKING: #Sabres forward Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor criminal trespass charge in bar incident

"Harassment violations" and a "Misdemeanor trespassing" sounds like an attempt to stick him with something to make a point. There must not be much else to charge him with. He'll get a slap on the wrist. 

The photo of him being cuffed on the sidewalk in a nice suit is something else though. Does that need to happen on a public street in a situation where someone is turning themselves in? Seems like a gratuitous photo op to me. 

Cn-o374WAAAEu0y.jpg

...and I'm sure a decent lawyer could make that charge go away.

I think this ultimately gets distilled down to a bar-incident not unlike one that would have gone unnoticed back in the day.  Kane gets a slap on the wrist from the Sabres, and either becomes trade-bait when the time is right or turns his act around in that time where we all look back at this and shake our heads, but are glad he gets a 2-year extension.

...and I'm sure a decent lawyer could make that charge go away.

I think this ultimately gets distilled down to a bar-incident not unlike one that would have gone unnoticed back in the day.  Kane gets a slap on the wrist from the Sabres, and either becomes trade-bait when the time is right or turns his act around in that time where we all look back at this and shake our heads, but are glad he gets a 2-year extension.

Pretty much. 

"Harassment violations" and a "Misdemeanor trespassing" sounds like an attempt to stick him with something to make a point. There must not be much else to charge him with. He'll get a slap on the wrist. 

The photo of him being cuffed on the sidewalk in a nice suit is something else though. Does that need to happen on a public street in a situation where someone is turning themselves in? Seems like a gratuitous photo op to me.

Cn-o374WAAAEu0y.jpg

Couldn't agree more. No matter what you think of Kane, this seems like some grandstanding by the BPD. And, how does the camera just happen to be there?

Sounds to me like he's being railroaded and offended the Buffalo "power structure" somehow. Athletes usually get away with much worse. I wouldn't be suprised if he has to leave. Then again, maybe it's an attempt at "SCARED STRAIGHT." 

Edited by Marvelo

Sounds to me like he's being railroaded and offended the Buffalo "power structure" somehow. Athletes usually get away with much worse. I wouldn't be suprised if he has to leave. Then again, maybe it's an attempt at "SCARED STRAIGHT."

Seems like the typical CJ system play of charging someone with something you know they'll take a plea bargain on because it's less time consuming and expensive than going to trial.

Couldn't agree more. No matter what you think of Kane, this seems like some grandstanding by the BPD. And, how does the camera just happen to be there?

There are usually reporters and photographers hanging out in those couple of blocks.  Maybe the BPD tipped off the News, maybe not.

Cn-o374WAAAEu0y.jpg

The short cop looks like constable Bob Sweeney from 'Justified.'

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.