Rnd 7 #190 - Sabres - Vasili Glotov - C - Russia

Taro T

I've been tracking this because...  well, because. Sadly, I did this with the other 2010 core guys, too. Glotov is the final drafted piece of the Vanek puzzle (in terms of picks, we could still move people around)!

Vanek became:

2015 NYI 1st --> G Lehner, C Legwand

2015 NYI 2nd --> D Guhle

F Matt Moulson --> went to MIN w/ McCormick --> F Mitchell (to MTL); 2014 MIN 2nd (to WSH); 2016 MIN 2nd (to MTL) --> and here's where it gets interesting:

Moulson again, McCormick again, F Nevins, F Glotov, F Cornel, D Martin, D Gorges

Therefore, logically Vanek = Moulson, McCormick, Lehner, Legwand, Guhle, Nevins, Cornel, Martin, Gorges, and Glotov.

Happy Draft Days, all! (The best would be if we signed Vanek on a cheap deal so that Vanek could equal himself in this equation.)

He was drafted by the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles in the CHL Import Draft today, so he will be playing in North America next season

Not a guarantee by any means. He did tweet that he was excited to be drafted, though. Probably a good chance but nothing set in stone.

• 2 weeks later...

From GMTM

Vasily Glotov (7th round, 2016) Lambert: “I thought every single time on the ice he got better. It’s funny because his first period in the scrimmage he came up to me and said, ‘you know it was my first time on the small ice and I’ll get better' and he did get better and he’s going to be a nice little player to watch.”

From GMTM

Vasily Glotov (7th round, 2016) Lambert: “I thought every single time on the ice he got better. It’s funny because his first period in the scrimmage he came up to me and said, ‘you know it was my first time on the small ice and I’ll get better' and he did get better and he’s going to be a nice little player to watch.”

Interesting. Seems like GMTM has him pegged as a diamond in the rough. I wouldn't have expected that kind of commentary from him about a 7th round pick. 

Someone posted this over on reddit. Glotov and Panarin comparable?

post-1361-0-99345300-1468416720_thumb.png

Glotov's 17th year is non-descript, I have him at 131st in his draft class.

Since Glotov is an overager, I compare him with Eichel's draft class, and his year in 2015 comes in 57th for forwards, which is good for a 7th round pick.

Panarin's 17th year was half spent in the KHL, where he was 12th among forwards in his age group, and half in the MHL, where he was 40th among forwards

Panarin's 18th year was half spent in the KHL, where he was 19th among forwards in his age group, and half in the MHL, where he was 35th among forwards.

Panarin should have been drafted as a 17 year old, early second? Rasmus Asplund is a good comparable. Glotov should have been drafted as an overager by a team starting to study this stuff (there's about 8 of them), and was.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.