Sabres acquire Dmitry Kulikov for Mark Pysyk

Hoss

• 7 months later...

I want to keep him if we can....I just have a feeling he will turn a corner when healthy. It also could potentially fill a huge hole.

I'm with you, but...

If anyone is to believe PHam, Kulikov is as good as gone

I think Hamsammich's reporting is good on this one.

Kuli has had a season, back messed with him a good part of it and who knows how long the concussionactually bothered him. He has looked much better lately... but with Austin and Falk showing up and Ghule coming, suddenly the D is looking big, nasty and mobile. Im ok with Risto, McCabe, Falk, Austin, Bogo and Ghule next year, though given all the injuries d guys endure, id like to see Kuli back.

Kuli has had a ###### season, back messed with him a good part of it and who knows how long the concussionactually bothered him. He has looked much better lately... but with Austin and Falk showing up and Ghule coming, suddenly the D is looking big, nasty and mobile. Im ok with Risto, McCabe, Falk, Austin, Bogo and Ghule next year, though given all the injuries d guys endure, id like to see Kuli back.

Austin and Falk are decent injury call-up options, but they have no business being regular NHL top-6 guys.

I'd be perfectly happy signing Kulikov to a 1-2 year "prove-it" contract. The freak injury he sustained this year is a perfectly valid excuse for his poor performance.

Murray still needs to swing a trade for a top-4 D-man. I don't see anyone worth pursuing in free agency.

Risto, McCabe, and Guhle are fine by me. Bogo sucks, but with that contract, what can you do about it?

Austin and Falk are decent injury call-up options, but they have no business being regular NHL top-6 guys.

I'd be perfectly happy signing Kulikov to a 1-2 year "prove-it" contract. The freak injury he sustained this year is a perfectly valid excuse for his poor performance.

Murray still needs to swing a trade for a top-4 D-man. I don't see anyone worth pursuing in free agency.

Risto, McCabe, and Guhle are fine by me. Bogo sucks, but with that contract, what can you do about it?

Shattenkirk, Alzner are the only two, both will get overpaid so might not be worth it.   And shattenkirk prefers rangers>bruins> east coast.

Alzner is not the guy for me that will make this defense look good.

This to a T. I like the young call ups but the way to build depth is to keep them as call ups for when injuries and suspensions occur. If we count on these guys to fill permanent spots and they regress or struggle then we are either wasting another year on the outside of the playoffs looking in or TM is left scrambling to upgrade on the fly which would likely cost an arm and a leg. I would prefer to re-sign Kulikov to a short term prove it type deal and still try to swing a deal with a team that doesn't want to give Vegas anything too good. I'd like to send Gorges down to Rochester to mentor the kids and hopefully start rebuilding the defensive pipeline with more picks.

Is it me or does Bogo seem to play better when he plays more minutes ?

He absolutely does.

Coaching staff made a big mistake this year asking Bogosian to play smart, safe and stay at home.

He just need to be told to be put his head down and go.

He'll still make mistakes, but he will also make up for them by making some plays.

That's his game. We're stuck with him. Let him play it.

He absolutely does.

Coaching staff made a big mistake this year asking Bogosian to play smart, safe and stay at home.

He just need to be told to be put his head down and go.

He'll still make mistakes, but he will also make up for them by making some plays.

That's his game. We're stuck with him. Let him play it.

Bogo is the type of player that needs to feel like a big part of the team in order to get the best out of him. He certainly plays his best when he gets a ton of minutes and needs to be relied on because we have nobody else. 

I almost get the sense that this year he didn't need to be anything more than a second pairing dman with Risto getting the big minutes, and as such, he isn't challenged or engaged as much on a game to game basis.

Bogo is the type of player that needs to feel like a big part of the team in order to get the best out of him. He certainly plays his best when he gets a ton of minutes and needs to be relied on because we have nobody else.

I almost get the sense that this year he didn't need to be anything more than a second pairing dman with Risto getting the big minutes, and as such, he isn't challenged or engaged as much on a game to game basis.

All the more reason to entice Vegas to take him off our hands. If Bogo is getting big minutes, you're not going to be a good team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.