Sabres acquire Dmitry Kulikov for Mark Pysyk

Hoss

Thought it was Pysyk and a lower third for kulikov on the table, but we hadn't signed off on it.

Tim went back and said I'll upgrade the third, if you swap seconds.

Have to rewatch the tape to confirm.

It was Pysyk and the Sabres first third. GMTM said he pushed for the swap of seconds and later third to close the deal. This does sound like it was the Panthers trying to land Pysyk.

Also, what number you guys thinking?

17is open, but I hope he goes 77.

Wore 7 in Fla

I've wondered this myself. He wore 29 in juniors (McCabe) and 43 his rookie season (yuck). He wore 3 during WJC for Russia. I like 17 and 77.

Way Tim told it, he told Florida he needed the pick swap at the last minute in order to do the deal.

From what I saw from the GMs this was a swap initiated by Florida trying acquire Pysyk.

Paying a third to move up five slots was relatively fair value on its own outside the swap of D.

Ah ok then I have to give GMTM more kudos. He got the last guy rated on his chart in the top tier.

GMTM also has to be mindful of the expansion draft next year and it seems like Pysyk be the most likely team Las Vegas would take so why not replacement for a LHD that we need now and have a better chance to bring back as he set to be an UFA after this season.Toss in he might have also drafted Larson's possible replacement with the same trade?

Edited by The Jokeman

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/06/28/kulikov-on-trade-to-sabres-change-is-sometimes-for-the-best/

Doesn't seem to hart broken about the trade, looking forward to getting his offensive game going more.

Speaking of that article and because I feel grumpy today...

"The teams also swapped second-round draft picks in a move that helped the Panthers free up $3.25 million in salary cap space." This sentence is terribly written. It implies that the swapping of the second round picks helped the panthers free up 3.25 in cap space. Instead of saying "By trading Kulikov to the Buffalo Sabres, the Florida Panthers freed up 3.25million in cap space. Also included in the deal were a swap for 2nd round draft picks allowing Buffalo to move up from #38 to #33 and Buffalo also added pick #89 to complete the deal."

Speaking of that article and because I feel grumpy today...

"The teams also swapped second-round draft picks in a move that helped the Panthers free up $3.25 million in salary cap space." This sentence is terribly written. It implies that the swapping of the second round picks helped the panthers free up 3.25 in cap space. Instead of saying "By trading Kulikov to the Buffalo Sabres, the Florida Panthers freed up 3.25million in cap space. Also included in the deal were a swap for 2nd round draft picks allowing Buffalo to move up from #38 to #33 and Buffalo also added pick #89 to complete the deal."

lol that is rather funny phrasing.

The thing I like most about this trade is that it blind sided us.   Kulikov was rumoured to be on the trade block, but no where buffalo was being mentioned.

Means Murray runs a tight ship and everything that is being reported on usually is bull.

Edited by Huckleberry

The thing I like most about this trade is that it blind sided us.   Kulikov was rumoured to be on the trade block, but no where buffalo was being mentioned.

Means Murray runs a tight ship and everything that is being reported on usually is bull.

Interesting point.

So silence on Vessey good, and who out there might be on his radar no on thought about, Shattenkirk?

Pretty sure he has several things going on to try to improve this team still, but he is always very candid, some talks work out but most do not.

He probably has been working on the Kulikov deal for over a year now, while also talking to Anaheim about Fowler.

Also Pysyk for Kulikov straight up is a pretty cheap trade for us.  I look at it this way because the pick swap was just an extra deal you can find at any draft.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.