Sabres acquire Dmitry Kulikov for Mark Pysyk

Hoss

• 3 weeks later...

Kulikov participating in a morning skate in Florida, wearing partial Sabres Gear, sporting the Number 77. Could this be his new number?

https://twitter.com/georgerichards/status/763736748992131072

I don't think it's a question. Richards wouldn't have just said that. He likely asked Kulikov. Richards is the top reporter down in Florida.

I hope not. 6 is there for the taking, innit?

77 is a great number. I don't know why we would think he'd take 6 as it doesn't appear he has any connection to it.

I don't think it's a question. Richards wouldn't have just said that. He likely asked Kulikov. Richards is the top reporter down in Florida.

77 is a great number. I don't know why we would think he'd take 6 as it doesn't appear he has any connection to it.

It's a good number for a defenseman. 77 is okay for Ray Bourque, I guess :P I can't stand it though.

It's a good number for a defenseman. 77 is okay for Ray Bourque, I guess :P I can't stand it though.

The first player I ever think of with 77 is Espo.  Then Turgeon.  

Defensemen: Coffey, Hedman.  McKee and Zhitnik wore it for a bit, too.

77 is just the definition of a NASCAR number for me, I guess. I'd rather he wear 43! (I think that's the number Hoss regularly hates on)

Ummm...wut. Nascar numbers are the big ones with no relation to anything or anyone, like 82, 72, 58, 68. Double digits have a long prodigious history in hockey and should be viewed as such. Every high double digit immediately makes you think Mario, Wayne, Lindros, Bourque...um...Hecht. I think you get my point.

Ummm...wut. Nascar numbers are the big ones with no relation to anything or anyone, like 82, 72, 58, 68. Double digits have a long prodigious history in hockey and should be viewed as such. Every high double digit immediately makes you think Mario, Wayne, Lindros, Bourque...um...Hecht. I think you get my point.

Taking the NASCAR analogy to the extreme, with the coming of ads on jerseys, will we get to a point where we identify a player with number regardless of team.  "Wearing the the white #23 jersey give it up for Sam Reinhart!"  Which by the way would be a great driver name.

Those numbers are "double digits" too... and the fact that it's 2 sevens that was worn by a good hockey player in the past doesn't make it look any more aesthetically pleasing to me than any of those other ones. 77 looks hideous to me, is all I'm saying.

Those numbers are "double digits" too... and the fact that it's 2 sevens that was worn by a good hockey player in the past doesn't make it look any more aesthetically pleasing to me than any of those other ones. 77 looks hideous to me, is all I'm saying.

You sound opppsite "brained" from me. Probably a good thing for you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.