Sabres acquire Dmitry Kulikov for Mark Pysyk

Hoss

Or you could just hang here. ;)

Oh I do, sir. I had literally just checked their site out because I had read through every single post here (other than the occasional marking the forum as read whenever the only threads with unread posts are from the threads I don't read like the Game of Thrones thread or the soccer thread). This place is always first in my batting order.

I don't know much about Kulikov. Anyone care to fill me in and enable my laziness?

I think Pysyk will only ever be a decent/good 3rd pairing guy with the ability to play spot duty on the 2nd. I had high hopes for him to be a legit 2nd pairing guy before this season, but he wasn't anything special. He's smart, smooth, and has a nice first pass; but he doesn't assert himself anywhere near enough on either side of the ice.

I could be wrong, but I don't think he'll ever be a difference maker. Not a bad pick for a #21/#22 overall, but definitely not good enough to mitigate how pathetic all the rest of Darcy's picks were around that time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.