Evander Kane : Two crime reports filed in nightclub incident

Hoss

False. He once said, "I don't care about Eichel or McDavid, I just want to see Chris Stewart on the Sabres for three more years."

Andrew Peters just asked if the Sabres should buyout Kane. This has to rank first  second overall of all the stupidiest things he has ever said.

Some of the posters here work for the Sabres

Whodat?

Now that I've figured out what the Patrick Kane incident last year really was, I have no respect for the "legal insiders" on this board.

What-dat, and whodat?

One of the things that surprise me about the Pegulas is that they hire and keep scummy people on their teams.

Is there still room on the SS team heading up Mission Boy Scout Roster?

Edited by That Aud Smell

Oh boy. That doesn't sound good.

It sounds bad initially but after reading the whole article I'm beginning to think this is a whole lotta nothing.

In responding to these latest developments, Paul J. Cambria, the hockey star’s lawyer, said Monday:

“We reviewed the videos and talked to everyone on that and he steadfastly denies doing anything wrong and we have seen nothing to the contrary.”

I would assume the bar would have cameras both inside the bar and in the parking lot. If the lawyer watched all the tapes and said the quote above I'm think there's some embellishment going on. I guess we'll all find out eventually though.

Edited by Drunkard

Andrew Peters just asked if the Sabres should buyout Kane. This has to rank first overall of all the stupidiest things he has ever said.

I can't stand the guy.  I ran into him one night at Flight (a wine bar near Blue Cross Arena).  Didn't notice him at first until he insisted on telling everyone around that he was choosing the music that was playing and if they didn't like it they could kiss his ass. Good to note he was at the bar by himself no less.  

Oh boy. That doesn't sound good.

Meh.  It's an accusation that he did it and nothing more.  I'll wait to they review the gigs of security camera footage, cell phone camera footage, etc.

DISCLAIMER: This isn't absolving him of anything on my part.  The guy is not even charged so I'm not getting bent out of shape over it. The report details something that is absolutely despicable behavior though and I recognize that.

Here's something that jumps out at me: 

In the first report, a short narrative describing the accusation against Kane states:

“ ... While inside Bottoms Up nightclub, suspect threatened complainant and made derogatory comments to her. While outside in the parking lot of bar, suspect grabbed complainant around the throat and tried pushing her into his car.”

That alleged incident occurred at 3:11 a.m. Friday on the first block of West Chippewa Street. Police say the section of law that Kane may have violated, depending on the outcome of their investigation, would fall under misdemeanor second-degree harassment.

In the second police report, the narrative states:

“… that while inside Bottoms Up, suspect grabbed her by the arms and tried forcing her out of the bar.”

Kane is 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds, according to the police reports.

Pretty sensational stuff.

But what it doesn't say is whether the "narrative" is the accuser's version of events (probably), Kane's (probably not), that of any witnesses (maybe), that of the cops (probably not) or perhaps an amalgamation of everything (maybe).

The BN should've made this clear.  As is, it reads like "this is what happened -- and by the way, did we mention how big and strong Kane is?"

And the BN knew exactly what it was doing when it used those words.

I can't stand the guy.  

Peters or E. Kane?

Here's something that jumps out at me: 

Pretty sensational stuff.

But what it doesn't say is whether the "narrative" is the accuser's version of events (probably), Kane's (probably not), that of any witnesses (maybe), that of the cops (probably not) or perhaps an amalgamation of everything (maybe).

The BN should've made this clear.  As is, it reads like "this is what happened -- and by the way, did we mention how big and strong Kane is?"

And the BN knew exactly what it was doing when it used those words.

Hmm. They did go for a little added effect, but I think it's fairly stated that they're gleaning the information from the accuser's version of events.

Ya, it says, "according to two......police reports" at the end of the first paragraph, which means it's the accusers' version.

But when you read that first paragraph, is reads as if it's being presented as fact until you get to the end of the sentence.

No provable injuries, no crime? On the ice Kane is obviously an aggressive and impulsive person. He might be that way in person also, but aside from these girls getting it recorded that he is a menace to them, not sure this can be held against him. But he is obviously building a bad reputation

Hmm. They did go for a little added effect, but I think it's fairly stated that they're gleaning the information from the accuser's version of events.

I beg to differ, but fully recognize that this is a question that we all bring our baggage to.

This shite follows you around its hard to believe its always a misunderstanding or someone trying to shake you down. There's a reason its always him. There's over 800 guys in this league and aside from 1 or 2 D.U.I.s a season you don't hear too much of this stuff. But with Kane you seem to hear it. Why is that ? He's got to grow up and take responsibility for the situations he finds himself in. Man-child needs to man up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.