Evander Kane : Two crime reports filed in nightclub incident

Hoss

For the record, from somebody that would know, the sexual assault investigation was a complete misunderstanding. The "memory" issues were because the woman feared repercussions of breaking a nondisclosure agreement women must sign for a night with Evander. Neither her nor Evander called the police that night. She panicked in the parking garage and somebody thought she was in danger. She wasn't. He wasn't. By law, the police and hospital initiated an investigation.

For the record, from somebody that would know, the sexual assault investigation was a complete misunderstanding. The "memory" issues were because the woman feared repercussions of breaking a nondisclosure agreement women must sign for a night with Evander. Neither her nor Evander called the police that night. She panicked in the parking garage and somebody thought she was in danger. She wasn't. He wasn't. By law, the police and hospital initiated an investigation.

Someday I hope to be such a baller that girls have to sign an NDA just to ride my disco stick. Edited by sodbuster

Sounds like you have your mind made up on Evander already.

I love Evander Kane as a hockey player.  I love Patrick Kane as a hockey player.  I just hate when you're a pro athlete and patterns of sexual acts, predatory crap seeks up.  It draws bad rep for you, your team and it just isn't right.  He needs to get his head out of his ass. Even if this is as Hoss described.  It's time to Evander to stop being a boy.  His attitude is great on the ice, but when you make mistakes you learn from them. In no way do I want Evander traded.  GROW UP!

I love Evander Kane as a hockey player. I love Patrick Kane as a hockey player. I just hate when you're a pro athlete and patterns of sexual acts, predatory crap seeks up. It draws bad rep for you, your team and it just isn't right. He needs to get his head out of his ass. Even if this is as Hoss described. It's time to Evander to stop being a boy. His attitude is great on the ice, but when you make mistakes you learn from them. In no way do I want Evander traded. GROW UP!

Patterns of sexual acts? What are you even talking about?

His incident that he got into trouble for last season, and now this.  His issues in Winnipeg.  I just mean getting in trouble of sexual allegations.

His issues here, in Winnipeg, is that it is a city full of prudes. Nothing behind that curtain.

His incident that he got into trouble for last season, and now this. His issues in Winnipeg. I just mean getting in trouble of sexual allegations.

Until he's actually arrested for something, or somebody actually presses charges against him for sexual assault, I'm going to keep assuming that he's a normal young black athlete: under the microscope for everything.

Remember when LeSean McCoy was accused of a bunch of BS when two off-duty Philly cops started ? I'm starting to think that this is the same kind of thing.

His issues here, in Winnipeg, is that it is a city full of prudes. Nothing behind that curtain.

Prudes. Not the word that I'd use.

Regardless of how prudish/uptight Winnipeg is, Cerebral implied that Kane has a history of sexual accusations.  This doesn't seem remotely accurate.

It's not. You are right, he had nothing of the sort while here. At least as far as I know.

Until he's actually arrested for something, or somebody actually presses charges against him for sexual assault, I'm going to keep assuming that he's a normal young black athlete: under the microscope for everything.

Remember when LeSean McCoy was accused of a bunch of BS when two off-duty Philly cops started ######? I'm starting to think that this is the same kind of thing.

Prudes. Not the word that I'd use.

Great point! Look at all the investigations that Subban, simmonds, byfuglien, reaves etc.. have all been a part of. tough being a black player in the NHL I tell you

Thorny I'm really questioning the fact you live in winnipeg. you have a different opinion then literally anyone I've talked to manitoba wide. The consensus on Winnipeg was "wow, I can't believe someone was willing to pay an incredibly steep price for a locker room cancer. "

Edited by NHLBUFF

Great point! Look at all the investigations that Subban, simmonds, byfuglien, reaves etc.. have all been a part of. tough being a black player in the NHL I tell you

Thorny I'm really questioning the fact you live in winnipeg. you have a different opinion then literally anyone I've talked to manitoba wide. The consensus on Winnipeg was "wow, I can't believe someone was willing to pay an incredibly steep price for a locker room cancer. "

Yes, I lie about living in Winnipeg, because it just makes me such a badass to pretend to be living in such a flashy city. Eye-roll.

And what exactly am I contradicting? People definitely thought that stuff about him here, him being a cancer, whatever, all of that. Never said they didn't. Doesn't make them right. Is your point that only people who hate Kane can live in Winnipeg?

Yes, I lie about living in Winnipeg, because it just makes me such a badass to pretend to be living in such a flashy city. Eye-roll.

And what exactly am I contradicting? People definitely thought that stuff about him here, him being a cancer, whatever, all of that. Never said they didn't. Doesn't make them right. Is your point that only people who hate Kane can live in Winnipeg?

Just never met a Manitoban who wasn't happy to see him gone. I mean when he was in Winnipeg, Most thought he was bigger then the team. The way he played the game, the way he composed himself on and off the ice. Just seems like your downplaying the issues he had here. The way I see it, it was him and not the fans, though they did not help anything.

Well, I'm a Sabres fan. So I'll support my team and my players. But even when he was a Jet, I never had an issue with him like others. Believe it or not, not everyone here did. But Winnipeg was never a good fit for Kane. City or team.

I was happy to see him leave Winnipeg. Happy to see him leave the Jets and go right to the Sabres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.