Evander Kane : Two crime reports filed in nightclub incident

Hoss

Well, I'm a Sabres fan. So I'll support my team and my players. But even when he was a Jet, I never had an issue with him like others. Believe it or not, not everyone here did. But Winnipeg was never a good fit for Kane. City or team.

I was happy to see him leave Winnipeg. Happy to see him leave the Jets and go right to the Sabres.

I hear ya man, I was upset when he went to Buffalo because I'm not a fan of his. I had really hoped he would step up for us and be the player he can be, but he hasn't been. I know he hasn't even been charged with anything but at the same time they investigate things for a reason. It's bad publicity for the team or the league.

For the life of me I will never understand why players continue to put themselves at risk. If can was targeted or initiated an altercation doesn't even matter IMO. Putting yourself at risk shows immaturity and a lack of understanding of your status as a professional athlete. If Kane hasn't grown up by now after the previous incidents than maybe he never will and it's time to move on.  

For the life of me I will never understand why players continue to put themselves at risk. If can was targeted or initiated an altercation doesn't even matter IMO. Putting yourself at risk shows immaturity and a lack of understanding of your status as a professional athlete. If Kane hasn't grown up by now after the previous incidents than maybe he never will and it's time to move on.

Dude should just never leave his apartment.

Remember when O'Reilly drove into a Tim Hortons? He put himself in a lot worse of a spot than Kane did by drinking at a bar. Maybe we should move on from him.

Dude should just never leave his apartment.

Remember when O'Reilly drove into a Tim Hortons? He put himself in a lot worse of a spot than Kane did by drinking at a bar. Maybe we should move on from him.

O'Reilly can afford Uber or some other car service. If O'Reilly ends up in another similar situation you have to wonder how smart the guy is.  

After the previous incident, you are telling me that Kane can't through a sick party at his home? With his money he should have a bar in his home sicker than any Buffalo area nightclub and he would be able to control who the guests are. It's about being smart. Another incident involving the police is a huge embarrassment for this franchise. I believe last time he stated he was going to be smarter. Apparently not. 

O'Reilly can afford Uber or some other car service. If O'Reilly ends up in another similar situation you have to wonder how smart the guy is.  

After the previous incident, you are telling me that Kane can't through a sick party at his home? With his money he should have a bar in his home sicker than any Buffalo area nightclub and he would be able to control who the guests are. It's about being smart. Another incident involving the police is a huge embarrassment for this franchise. I believe last time he stated he was going to be smarter. Apparently not. 

Kane's home in Buffalo is the Harbor Center.

Lot of denial on here about Kane. 

Some of the posters here work for the Sabres so I understand them trying to sweep this under the rug, but I'm surprised at how much fans will cover their eyes and plug their ears for some guy with no connection to the area that gets paid to play here. 

Kane frequents Chippewa because he's a douchebag and he fits in with the other Chippewa douchebags. That's the same reason he gets into these situations. How many Sabres have you seen out at night but never seen them getting into trouble? Why is Kane a magnet for this? 

And Hoss, what girl "panics" after a sexual encounter so loud that it requires the police to be called? Give me a break. Now that I've figured out what the Patrick Kane incident last year really was, I have no respect for the "legal insiders" on this board.

Edited by musichunch

Except nobody has any idea what happened and you're saying he needs to get smarter. Nobody has any idea what happened last time except for Hoss's vague snippet from the other day.

As I said, it doesn't matter to me if Kane is at fault or not. These young aesthetes have to realize they are targets. They can afford to shield themselves form the general public if the choose to. Want to go to a club? Rent out a private room with security. Kane is 24 years old and has already been through an incident that he apparently hadn't learned anything from. Any incident going forward is all on Kane no matter what the other person does or what their intentions are.  

Except nobody has any idea what happened and you're saying he needs to get smarter. Nobody has any idea what happened last time except for Hoss's vague snippet from the other day.

I think I missed that snippet.

FLYNNSanity has some strong twitter game.

If this was a bar fight, I think it will go away quietly.

Gotta question the guy's taste, though.

I think I missed that snippet.

FLYNNSanity has some strong twitter game.

If this was a bar fight, I think it will go away quietly.

Gotta question the guy's taste, though.

He's absolutely a d-bag bro party boy. It just doesn't mean anything about him as a player.

As I said, it doesn't matter to me if Kane is at fault or not. These young aesthetes have to realize they are targets. They can afford to shield themselves form the general public if the choose to. Want to go to a club? Rent out a private room with security. Kane is 24 years old and has already been through an incident that he apparently hadn't learned anything from. Any incident going forward is all on Kane no matter what the other person does or what their intentions are.

I think it's going too far to suggest that every night he wants to go to a bar he should rent out a club. Even a rich hockey player would run out of money doing that.

And nobody should have to do that, even you think they should know better.

He's absolutely a d-bag bro party boy. It just doesn't mean anything about him as a player.

I think it's going too far to suggest that every night he wants to go to a bar he should rent out a club. Even a rich hockey player would run out of money doing that.

Well stated. Edited by Taro T

He needs to use better judgement. 

As long as he leaves it all on the ice, and except for a few times where he's loafed off for line changes, there is nobody on this team that plays with a higher level of intensity. He's a beast on the ice, hard to play against. At this point, the drawbacks of his lapses in judgement doesn't come close to outweighing his benefits as a player.

My concern is that sooner or later one of these incidents will impact his availability or it will cause a distraction, which does put his team in jeopardy. Does team brass wait for that to happen or do they nip the issue in the bud instead of waiting for him to grow up?

Great post.

Back in my days on the Chip strip, guys like Matt Barnaby would get tossed out of just about every bar they entered. It was entertainment. Now Kane gets tossed from a drinking establishment, and everbody wants him gone.

Don't you think legal fees and lawsuits would drain his money much faster?    

Back in my days on the Chip strip, guys like Matt Barnaby would get tossed out of just about every bar they entered. It was entertainment. Now Kane gets tossed from a drinking establishment, and everbody wants him gone.

Truth. Imagine the reps guys like Barnaby would have if they lived in the cell phone camera era.

Truth. Imagine the reps guys like Barnaby would have if they lived in the cell phone camera era.

Rumors become fact. 

No one ever said it was fair, guys like Kane, young celebrities/millionaires, just live in a different world with targets on their backs most of the time. He needs to either smarten up or hire himself a babysitter to keep him from certain situations. Just heading out to a bar/club is too much of a risk for the young man. 

One thing is 100% fact and certain. He hasn't been smart enough to avoid being investigated. There is no excuse, sure he did nothing wrong, but he has done nothing right. Most NHL players respect the team and the league enough to avoid situations like this.

He needs to use better judgement.

As long as he leaves it all on the ice, and except for a few times where he's loafed off for line changes, there is nobody on this team that plays with a higher level of intensity. He's a beast on the ice, hard to play against. At this point, the drawbacks of his lapses in judgement doesn't come close to outweighing his benefits as a player.

My concern is that sooner or later one of these incidents will impact his availability or it will cause a distraction, which does put his team in jeopardy. Does team brass wait for that to happen or do they nip the issue in the bud instead of waiting for him to grow up?

OK the other hand, if he's suspended for off ice stuff, he can't get hurt on the ice. Could end up getting the same 65-70 games out of him either way. Power of positive thinking! :)

Kaner is Kaner and he likes the nightlife....I doubt very much he choked a girl out....I also think he is a non-drinker.....he needs to hire a bodyguard to keep away from him that want to make a name for themselves when he goes out......

As far as his dedication to playing when he was in the Peg, you couldn't ask any more of him....he played as hurt as the docs would let him and is a warrior on the ice.....but, if he was a cancer in the room, I am glad he is gone and I really don't think he will finish his contract in a Sabres' uni.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.