Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

That article is just a buncha BS to me. Daddy trying to keep the hometown happy. It will be weird if the Sabres end up with 2 of the best current prospects from Bahston. Edited by Murray's Rats

"Mother says never man-spread, and always cover your junk when on TV."

"Seriously?"

The headline is off. It's the father who was surprised.

"Mother says never man-spread, and always cover your junk when on TV."

"Seriously?"

The headline is off. It's the father who was surprised.

Also, its pure speculation from the Boston media.  Until Vesey says something directly or Fitch his agent comes out and vehemently says that he's going to open market, it's in Vesey's court.  He will have options from any team that has a shot, or he can sign in Buffalo.  Murray is a taking chances type of guy, and he feels he's the exact fit in our top six.  I love the move, and the juevos of our GM.  So hats off to him.  I will forever be grateful for LaFontaine bringing him in.  You don't get ahead without going for it.  That's how you do things.  To become a Stan Bowman you have to elevate yourself in the standings by believing in your ability and going out to get what you feel is right.  Whether it's speed, heavy, finesse/skill or w/e other build.  LA, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Detroit have all been built by strong leadership at the top trickling down. 

I agree that the title is misleading. Should be "Vesey's dad is surprised by the move." Frankly, I don't give a rat's a$$ what his dad says to the media. And then the article continues by quoting statements from Jimmy Vesey that were made month's ago, prior to the Sabres acquiring his rights: That's dated intelligence and irrelevant.

On a separate note, I would love to know -- when a player's rights are traded, what percentage of the time does the acquiring team fail to sign the player?

We always hear about a player leaving at the trade deadline and there is hope or belief that they will come back after the season ends as a UFA. It seems routine that that player signs an extension with that team once they get there and get comfortable. I think this trading for rights allows us to help Vesey get comfortable and so I believe that Vesey will end up signing with Buffalo. I do want the signing to be prior to Friday so GMTM knows who to pursue in the draft. And if it means trading down because now Ennis or Girgensons are expendable and you have the resources to get it done, there would be enough direction to know that the top defenseman is the prize.

I think I agree that if he's going to sign, it will be by Friday. I think there is a fairly good chance if he's not signed by then, he's going to Free Agency, and if he does that, there's a good chance he chooses a different destination and/or Murray moves on. 

But I think he signs by Friday. 

Hmmm.... He made my Clarkson Golden Knights look silly in a couple of the highlights. Great news. Keep it coming GMTM, land the big fish.

don't feel too bad; he torched my St. Lawrence University squad on a number of occasions in that video, including the sick opening backhander

That article is just a buncha BS to me. Daddy trying to keep the hometown happy. It will be weird if the Sabres end up with 2 of the best current prospects from Bahston.

Daddy has already said he doesn't want sonny to play in Boston, though.

His Dad may be surprised and have the belief his son is sticking w/ his plans to wait for free agency, but here's something people, not saying you guys, have to consider. Vesey is 23. He's not a kid anymore. At an age where decision making is his. Vesey will be responsible and take opinions from others into consideration, but it's still his decision. Tired of hearing from people against the Sabres saying, "Well, Daddy said...." Give me a break. 

I'm not going to hold my breath he signs with Buffalo. The guy has already shown he won't hesitate to eff a team. Plus, he obviously felt he owed nothing to the team who drafted him, so I doubt he gives preference to a team who traded for him.

I really hope he signs, but we need to be prepared for him to stick to his guns and hit FA in August, just like he promised his old team.

I'm not going to hold my breath he signs with Buffalo. The guy has already shown he won't hesitate to eff a team. Plus, he obviously felt he owed nothing to the team who drafted him, so I doubt he gives preference to a team who traded for him.

I really hope he signs, but we need to be prepared for him to stick to his guns and hit FA in August, just like he promised his old team.

And when he promised his old team I'm quite sure he told them they are not one of the teams he will consider. Vesey will probably give the Sabres a yes or a no by Friday. And if it's a no Murray will go w/ a plan B which he already has in place. Have to be good at chess to be a successful GM. Thinking 2 moves ahead. 

Edited by GoPre

Why not give Vesey the deluxe Buffalo sales job? You couldn't do that until you had his rights. There's a Canalside concert the night before the draft. (Hope he likes Public Enemy.) He gets to tour the facilities, meet some teammates besides Eichel, and best of all he gets to meet Kim & Terry, one of the most committed owners in the league.

Why not give Vesey the deluxe Buffalo sales job? You couldn't do that until you had his rights. There's a Canalside concert the night before the draft. (Hope he likes Public Enemy.) He gets to tour the facilities, meet some teammates besides Eichel, and best of all he gets to meet Kim & Terry, one of the most committed owners in the league.

I think they'd love to do that, but Vesey has to agree to come visit.  Remember, Poile claimed that Vesey's agents wouldn't let him speak to Vesey.

"I'm down with Jay Vee Cee, yeah, you know me ..."

We don't have to rehash the role of the city in these things, or what appeals to young, rich professional male athletes. But I don't think Jimmy's comment about "the city, of course" being among the things he's looking for bodes well for Buffalo.

I hate it. It doesn't make a lot of sense. You'll have the money to live in the nicest house in the nicest neighborhood and go to the best restaurants and what have you. It's hockey season. How much free time does an NHL player have, anyway? Then in the offseason you can certainly afford to have a second home wherever you damn well please. But it is what it is.

Kim and Terry need to give him the full treatment. Air Pegula private jet to Boca Raton, sunset cruise on the SS Pegula with Captain Jack and friends.

Flight back to Boston on a plane full of hookers, eight balls, whatever. Have one of the fine young ladies present the ELC to him when the plane lands.

Embarrassed to ask, but how credible is Buccigross?

He's very well connected with college (cawlidge) hockey in the Northeast. But it sounds like he's saying this just because he knows of the Eichel connection, with the idea those elite kids from the Boston area like to stick together.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.