Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

This reminds me of the Justin Schultz drama with the Ducks back in 2012.    He strung along the Ducks, only to sign with EDM once he became an UFA later in the summer.    For the next few years the Honda Center would erupt with loud boos whenever Schultz touched the puck.   

IIRC he choose EDM because of the opportunity for playing time and a promising core of young star players.     Didn't really work out that well for him.

This reminds me of the Justin Schultz drama with the Ducks back in 2012.    He strung along the Ducks, only to sign with EDM once he became an UFA later in the summer.    For the next few years the Honda Center would erupt with loud boos whenever Schultz touched the puck.   

IIRC he choose EDM because of the opportunity for playing time and a promising core of young star players.     Didn't really work out that well for him.

You seem to not be high on Jimmy...but he won the Hobey Baker, would have won it last year if not for Jack, and best of all, played at HARVARD, and stayed all four years! He has a degree! He didn't go to Switzerland to play! You should be all over this guy!!

:P

Vesey impo will not have an impact on the team's draft. Murray doesn't know who he will need next year or in 2-4 years even if Vesey signs. Draft BPA and go home happy.

Maybe not in terms of who they actually draft, but the Vesey situation could easily affect trades around the draft and after, and the FA period. 

Vesey impo will not have an impact on the team's draft. Murray doesn't know who he will need next year or in 2-4 years even if Vesey signs. Draft BPA and go home happy.

Pretty much what all GM's should practice in a draft. If you draft based on need and not on best player available, your team will suffer. 

You seem to not be high on Jimmy...but he won the Hobey Baker, would have won it last year if not for Jack, and best of all, played at HARVARD, and stayed all four years! He has a degree! He didn't go to Switzerland to play! You should be all over this guy!!

:P

Right?   I should love this kid!  

I can't get over his entitlement attitude, like he's so much better than any other kid drafted out of college that he gets to choose where he wants to play.   He should be thankful for the opportunity.   He should've signed with NSH and got his feet wet in the playoffs, worked hard in the summer and training camp to earn a top 6 spot.   It's not like Lindros where he was drafted 1st overall and balked at playing for a crumbling franchise.   NSH is a legit Cup contender, one of, if not the best GM in the league.... So what does that say about Vesey's character?   He does care about winning?  Doesn't seem like it... buyer beware.   

If this kid signs with us, give Murray a big raise.

I can't get over his entitlement attitude, like he's so much better than any other kid drafted out of college that he gets to choose where he wants to play.   He should be thankful for the opportunity.   He should've signed with NSH and got his feet wet in the playoffs, worked hard in the summer and training camp to earn a top 6 spot.   It's not like Lindros where he was drafted 1st overall and balked at playing for a crumbling franchise.   NSH is a legit Cup contender, one of, if not the best GM in the league.... So what does that say about Vesey's character?   He does care about winning?  Doesn't seem like it... buyer beware.   

Failed Psch 101 it appears.

"Father is here, brother is here, and now Matthews is here. Vessey would prefer to play with Matthews over Eichel. I mean c'mon who wouldn't? and in Toronto of all places. lol

Vessey is coming no doubt."

*Just to give you guys an idea of what Laugh fans are talking about on their boards. What a joke...

Edited by GoPre

"Father is here, brother is here, and now Matthews is here. Vessey would prefer to play with Matthews over Eichel. I mean c'mon who wouldn't? and in Toronto of all places. lol

*Just to give you guys an idea of what Laugh fans are talking about on their boards. What a joke...

Why?  There's some logic to it--except for the Matthews part.

So you are mad at him for taking advantage of league rules that allow him to do precisely what he's doing? He was drafted four years ago as a not so valuable 3rd round pick, played his ass off in college, and increased his value. He should have signed with Nashville for whatever they would have offered without maximizing his newly found worth? That is just unrealistic and would have been a dumb thing for him to do. Can't blame the man at all for that decision. And why would he be unthankful for the opportunity? If anything, league rules for 4 year college players make him more grateful.

We all moralize like these guys should be purer than the driven snow when we would all be apt to do the same thing. 

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

Maybe Vesey just doesn't want to play in Nashville. Maybe he likes being surrounded by hockey like nowhere but the NE is.  I mean Pittsburgh, Detroit, Buffalo, Toronto, Columbus, Philly, Boston, Montreal, Ottawa, NYR, NYI... that's 11 teams within like what? a short plane ride or car ride of eachother. That would appeal to me as a young hockey player. Hard to gauge what Vesey is thinking. Kid could just really want to play for his hometown team, you never know. At least Murray is giving us a shot.

That's an easy bet. I bet you he has less points than Jack did last season.

I think, unless Toronto signs Stamkos that this is almost a definite. Matthews as a #1 center on a team with that many issues, I have a hard time conceiving him reaching 56 points and my instincts say he should be at about 40-45points.

196157.gif

Matthews is a really good player, entering a situation not as good as eichel did.

In 2-3 years Eichel and Matthews will be putting up similar point totals as they battle each other each year. Who will end up the better player when the dust clears in a decade... no idea, but for now Eichel is the better player until Matthews proves otherwise.

Why?  There's some logic to it--except for the Matthews part.

So maybe I'll have to figure out to get three front page ultimate insults from the Toronto newspapers for my avatar after we sign Vesey and Stamkos. :w00t:

Speaking of Avatars, pi2000 yours is causing me some discomfort at work!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.