Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

Oh come on. Don't play dumb.

Here, it's been quoted many times in this thread:

Call it what you want: demands, selection criteria, wish list, etc. It doesn't matter, once he hits August 16th, he's in the driver's seat. He'll have all the power over where he goes and why.

Believe what? That his agent has repeatedly said Vesey wants to hit free agency?

The quote reads "whether both sides could envision him playing among the top six forwards and also on the power play ".  It's not that he has to play on the top 6 right away.  However, if a coach doesn't see him as top 6 material he's not interested in going there.

And I still don't care what he chooses to do with his life.  He's earned the right to pursue his goal of playing in the NHL and based on the rules in place he has the right to wait until Aug. 16 to find out which teams really want him and to choose where he will go.

He's the one who has to show up to the rink each day and go through the grind of playing hockey, not me.  If he can help the Sabres then I would love for them to sign him.  However, I'm not going to slam the guy for using his right to decide. He's earned it.  He put off the pay days to get to this point, no one else.

The quote reads "whether both sides could envision him playing among the top six forwards and also on the power play ".  It's not that he has to play on the top 6 right away.  However, if a coach doesn't see him as top 6 material he's not interested in going there.

And I still don't care what he chooses to do with his life.  He's earned the right to pursue his goal of playing in the NHL and based on the rules in place he has the right to wait until Aug. 16 to find out which teams really want him and to choose where he will go.

He's the one who has to show up to the rink each day and go through the grind of playing hockey, not me.  If he can help the Sabres then I would love for them to sign him.  However, I'm not going to slam the guy for using his right to decide. He's earned it.  He put off the pay days to get to this point, no one else.

True but annoying that a so called grown man cant do something more constructive then playing beer league hockey in the mean time, thought that was for us scrubs. Give the talent coming feeling better if Vesey decide to go another way.. Bailey, Baptiste and others look good so far. Hope they might be the answer regardless of Vesey.

True but annoying that a so called grown man cant do something more constructive then playing beer league hockey in the mean time, thought that was for us scrubs.

Have you seen the list of scrubs in that beer league? It was posted up thread somewhere and has quite a few NHL'ers on it including Jimmy's scrubby friend Eichel. 

If Jimmy Vesey was named Lyanna Mormont, she would have already signed with the Sabres and won a Stanley Cup while single handedly forcing George RR Martin to finish the freaking series. 

I have no idea what this means.  Do I have to use the google?

Looks like I don't have a lot of members in my " I Don't give a Crap " club. If he signs with us great. If he doesn't no big deal I'm not going to dislike the guy. Some act like this is a lot bigger deal for the teams future than I do and if Buffalo's ego is hurt than Buffalo is a lot worst off than I think it is.

This is no different than Okposo, or Gionta, or any other free agent we've courted.

It's just that it's being played out over a two-month period and everyone will know if we didn't make it happen.

Still waiting for the I hate Stamkos thread. Entitled prick led the Sabres on.

Who does he think he is choosing where he wants to play after talking to five teams.

Edited by dudacek

This is no different than Okposo, or Gionta, or any other free agent we've courted.

It's just that it's being played out over a two-month period and everyone will know if we didn't make it happen.

Who does he think he is choosing where he wants to play after talking to five teams.

Except that "Jimmy Vesey" and "top six NHL forward" shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

Except that "Jimmy Vesey" and "top six NHL forward" shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

"Many scouts project Vesey will become a top-six forward."

See, it's not that hard.

(Although I completely agree the amount of attention this is getting is ridiculous. I guess it's the downside of a GM whose default position isn't "safety first, don't rock the boat.")

Stamkos is a future hall of famer who earned that privilege, Vesey hasn't even sniffed Stamkos's jockstrap.  

I think this thing is all being blown out of proportion because it happened during a slow part of the off-season, and was the first move the Sabres made. If he signs, he's a mature prospect, having just played 4 years of college, and should be an immediate help to the team. If he doesn't sign, meh. It was a third round pick. That and a $4.45 will get you a grande mocha at Starbucks. I don't see what the big deal is, especially since it wasn't our only 3rd rounder.

This whole thread reads like it was written by a bunch of middle school boys on a playground.

Yah!?

Well my Dad can beat up your dad!

"Many scouts project Vesey will become a top-six forward."

See, it's not that hard.

(Although I completely agree the amount of attention this is getting is ridiculous. I guess it's the downside of a GM whose default position isn't "safety first, don't rock the boat.")

Matt Coller and whatever schlubs were on the Saturday show went as far as saying Vesey is the difference between the Sabres making the playoffs and not making the playoffs. Smh.

Matt Coller and whatever schlubs were on the Saturday show went as far as saying Vesey is the difference between the Sabres making the playoffs and not making the playoffs. Smh.

Well, at this point he might be, although not by his play alone, but due to the fact that he could shake free another top 6 forward to use in a trade for a top four defenseman. Outside of that though, I just don't see it.

Have you guys watched any Harvard/USA film on him? Thinking not so much, as you wouldn't be doubting his talent/top 6 potential. He may or may not come to Buffalo but he's never demanded a top 6 spot. All he has said is he's a reviewing rosters to see where he'll have the best opportunity.

Stamkos is a future hall of famer who earned that privilege, Vesey hasn't even sniffed Stamkos's jockstrap.

Tim Schaller has barely sniffed the NHL. He just snubbed Buffalo to play for the Bruins.

But I guess he "earned the privilege."

Yeah, I'll never forget all of the Schaller jersey burning in the streets of Rochester.

Are there even any to burn?

I was tempted to buy a Matt Ellis one just to burn it. But given his mediocrity I figured I'd end up just making it really warm instead

Are there even any to burn?

I was tempted to buy a Matt Ellis one just to burn it. But given his mediocrity I figured I'd end up just making it really warm instead

Thats why I said jersey and not jerseys!

But really, Duffy on the 6.5 morning show drunk bid on one of the warm up jersey auctions, and it just happened to be the one time Schaller was up in Buffalo. He didn't realize who he had bid on until the sweater showed up in the mail. So there's at least one.

Edited by sodbuster

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.