Goodbye: Gionta, Moulson, Deslauriers. Girgensons

Where are they going though?

Personally,I believe there is no way Nylander should be up here this year

Vesey-Eichel-Okposo

Kane-O'Reilly-Nylander

Ennis-Reinhart-Baptiste

Bailey-Larsson-Fasching

Goodbye: Gionta, Moulson, Deslauriers. Girgensons

Baptiste and fasching won't make the starting line up.

Nylander might make it, but his game needs more tweeking.   And if nylander does make it his speed needs him next to eichel.

Edited by Huckleberry

You might have to buy out some, trade others. It sounds like he's good enough to at least win a few shootout games.

I like Girgs personally, and think he has a much better year. I don't believe you can just jettison Gionta like that, and IIRC buying out Moulson does more harm than good

I love Nylander, and think he's gonna be a star. I also really like our forward group, and believe 20m a night in Rochester does a lot more for Nylander than 12m a night up here. Even if it's equal playing time, I'd prefer him in the AHL

Baptiste and fasching won't make the starting line up.

Nylander might make it, but his game needs more tweeking. And if nylander does make it his speed needs him next to eichel.

Fasching has an outside shot IMO

Vesey-Eichel-Okposo

Kane-O'Reilly-Nylander

Ennis-Reinhart-Baptiste

Bailey-Larsson-Fasching

Goodbye: Gionta, Moulson, Deslauriers. Girgensons, Foligno

With respect, that lineup is not better than what we iced this season. Icing five rookies is not conducive to making the playoffs.

Zemgus Girgensons.

It's amazing what one lacklustre season and a bunch of shiny new toys can do to a fan base.

Last year, about this time, I was one of the people trying to pump the breaks on expectations for Girgensons. One year later, I feel like one of the few who still think he's going to be a valuable player on a good team.

Last year, about this time, I was one of the people trying to pump the breaks on expectations for Girgensons. One year later, I feel like one of the few who still think he's going to be a valuable player on a good team.

You convinced me last year that he was fine. I'm sticking to that.

I think the dude is going to sign with Boston. He's from there, it's his favorite team. If he wasn't hell bent on being a Bruin, imo he would have already signed with either the Preds or the Sabres. It's not about $$$ or winning with him, it's about putting his favorite teams sweater on.

If you're right do you fault him for deciding to that while he can? He could've signed with the Preds and been years away from, if ever making that a reality. Personally, I'll be pissed though. :w00t:  But I would certainly understand it and wish him a miserable existence with his rapidly declining hometown team. Oh and Eichel says hey.

Nylander comment does seem like viable leverage if signing happens, coincidence I think not...

could be something else... any FA D live in Boston??

I disagree. I read the quote and it sounded more like Nylander probably doesn't make the team. Also if I were Vesey and team started that crap I would most assuredly not sign there.

Where are they going though?

Personally,I believe there is no way Nylander should be up here this year

+1

Agreed. Don't rush him in. Go the route of Reinhart. It'll be better for his development. This is all in thinking of not this season, but next season. The Sabres are trying to make the playoffs this year. If Nylander is given another year of development, a little different than Reinharts since he can play in the AHL, I feel it'll increase the chances of Buffalo going far into the playoffs in the 17/18 season. 

If it is for a meeting w/ Vesey and his agent, that is a very short amount of time between the two meetings. It'd be for one of two reasons. A contract getting signed or Vesey has said he will continue to wait for August 15th. Pegula may want to make one more attempt at getting him signed prior to that. But rushing back just doesn't seem like a good idea. I'd wait another week or 2 if that is the reason Pegula and company are headed to Boston. 

Edited by GoPre

+1

Agreed. Don't rush him in. Go the route of Reinhart. It'll be better for his development. This is all in thinking of not this season, but next season. The Sabres are trying to make the playoffs this year. If Nylander is given another year of development, I feel it'll increase the chances of Buffalo going far into the playoffs in the 17/18 season.

Maybe but check interview with TM about 4:41 mark seems a bit more positive if he does the work. On Sabres web. Edited by North Buffalo

Wasn't Eichel at the concert last night in Buffalo?  Maybe taking him back to Boston to play in his Beer league game tonight?  Not sure if that's allowed by the CBA though? The fact it looks like its heading right back to Buffalo an hour later means (a) they're dropping or (b) they're picking up Vesey for a Buffalo visit.  Hope it's B, but, why wouldn;t they do that tomorrow instead of having Vesey miss his hockey game tonight?

Edited by ct fab

I actually thought the flight thing was more funny than anything.

Pretty sure that the way Executive Airshare works, it's impossible to tell who's on one of their planes on a given day.  I could be wrong.

Why does the Tweet say Pegula's jet?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.