Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

I find it ironic that NJ was never a destination for FAs in large part due to the Lou effect. Yet TO seems to think he is a drawing card for the organization. No doubt he had success but I wonder if he is still relevant

I find it ironic that NJ was never a destination for FAs in large part due to the Lou effect. Yet TO seems to think he is a drawing card for the organization. No doubt he had success but I wonder if he is still relevant

They're going to find out soon enough that it's not the early '90s anymore.

Mike Babcock bringing in big $$$ during golf auction in the Soo! Congrats to @TeamBradJacobs on a wonderful event!

@BryanMudryk @DarrenDreger @TeamBradJacobs Did Mike Babcock tell one bidder they won but then sold the item to someone else?

Remember when Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf's contracts were nearly up and everybody assumed the Ducks would either lose one or dismantle the roster? They both ended up signing extensions that totaled 28.1% of the cap at the time. Stamkos and Hedman have signed extensions that total 22.4% of the cap.

The only big casualty in Anaheim, unless I'm missing something, was Bobby Ryan... But then Anaheim turned around and added Ryan Kesler, too. I think Tampa Bay knows the spot they're in and Yzerman+ are managing it beautifully.

Remember when Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf's contracts were nearly up and everybody assumed the Ducks would either lose one or dismantle the roster? They both ended up signing extensions that totaled 28.1% of the cap at the time. Stamkos and Hedman have signed extensions that total 22.4% of the cap.

The only big casualty in Anaheim, unless I'm missing something, was Bobby Ryan... But then Anaheim turned around and added Ryan Kesler, too. I think Tampa Bay knows the spot they're in and Yzerman+ are managing it beautifully.

I still can't believe the Hedman contract. What a sweetheart deal for Tampa. Really curious to see where Kucherov ends up at--that's the potential budget buster IMO.

What about Selanne and Progner coming off the books? Or was that prior?

Selanne's last year was the first year of their deals. He only had a $2 million cap hit, though. Pronger hadn't played for Anaheim for five years by the time Perry and Getzlaf extended.

Edited by Hoss