Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

ha, well, I actually forecast Matthews to do well early in his career, I expect him to be in the mix for the Calder.

Know what I hate about you? That it's going to take a frickin' decade to be able to say "Yea, you were as wrong as a human being could possibly be about Matthews." You, sir, suck. :angry: ;)

I would hope that would trigger some age limit talks. 

If Vesey signs here: it's not the same as Panarin, because Panarin was playing professional hockey in the second best league in the world. Vesey was in college against mostly players who will never make it professionally anywhere.

If Vesey signs elsewhere: He's too old, doesn't deserve it. Should go to the best teenage rookie.

If Vesey signs here: it's not the same as Panarin, because Panarin was playing professional hockey in the second best league in the world. Vesey was in college against mostly players who will never make it professionally anywhere.

If Vesey signs elsewhere: He's too old, doesn't deserve it. Should go to the best teenage rookie.

I do wonder what the 2nd best league in the world actually is

I was talking about Shipachyov. 

So was Jack.

Remember all of those prognostications about how this summer's trade market would be crazy?

So far, not so much.

The Hall - Larrson, PK - Weber trades have been enough crazy for me this off-season.

Does the Vesey situation hold up any potential moves? Murray said if he can bring in a great player he has no problems moving others out. Maybe GMTM knows more after the meeting today and can act accordingly.

The Hall - Larrson, PK - Weber trades have been enough crazy for me this off-season.

I should have been more clear: Those deals preceded July 1st. Once the FA window had been open for a few days, I expected activity on the trade market. Nothing so far, really.

Bernier just trade from Leafs back to Cali to the Ducks for a conditional draft pick, will it be better then what TM bought Nilson for?

if GMTM liked Bernier, do you think Toronto would have sent him here for a fifth?

MacKinnon signs a 7-year deal, with a cap hit of $6.3 million. This will likely influence the contracts of Jack and Sam, no?

Whoever replaces Roy/Sakic will be giddy with that contract. MacKinnon's offensive numbers don't progress due partially to inept coaching and management, he signs a deal under his talent level, then new coach comes in and he hits his potential. I can see it now.

Whoever replaces Roy/Sakic will be giddy with that contract. MacKinnon's offensive numbers don't progress due partially to inept coaching and management, he signs a deal under his talent level, then new coach comes in and he hits his potential. I can see it now.

They haven't been smart enough to fire those two bumbling idiots yet, what makes you so sure they will any time soon?

That's an absolutely sick cap hit for MacKinnon. I'm jelly.

It is only sick if he actually progresses, right now he's stalled in his development a bit