Ristolainen Signed, 6yrs 5.4mil per

LGR4GM

It solves a problem for all 3 teams.

CGY needs d-men.

ANA needs young skilled wingers and have too many d-men. (I suppose they could just go Lindholm for Gaudreau and be done with it, but that wouldn't be any fun for us)

BUF needs a stud D-man of GMTM's choosing, not one of Darcy's picks.

It doesn't solve a problem for us. It only solves a problem if we think Risto has peaked.

Also I give no credit to your Darcy v Murray's pick theory. Murray traded away some of Darcy past picks because he didn't like the players, not simply because Darcy picked them. Further I firmly believe Kevin Devine is the reason we got Ristolainen not Darcy Regier

It solves a problem for all 3 teams.

CGY needs d-men.

ANA needs young skilled wingers and have too many d-men.  (I suppose they could just go Lindholm for Gaudreau and be done with it, but that wouldn't be any fun for us)

BUF needs a stud D-man of GMTM's choosing, not one of Darcy's picks.

I think the whole meme about GMTM wanting his own picks is overbaked.

Should we be worried this isn't done yet?

There's still a half dozen or so high profile RFAs yet to sign...

Gaudreau

Monahan

Trouba

Kucherov

Nichushkin

Nesterov

Lindholm

.. somethings got to give, I expect a flurry of signings in early September.

The World Cup starts Sept 8th, and most of the RFAs I listed above ar scheduled to play, but that won't happen if they're not signed.

Bylsma, "Risto contract talks are progressive but these things take time". He didn't seem worried. He also talked about corsi and how you use it. Talked about quality of competition and how where they start, who they play against, and who they are playing with is all important. Rasmus is put in a lot of situations and we played him to much at times. He shouldn't be getting 28 or 30minutes a night. Thinks that lower his TOI to about 24 minutes a night will help improve his numbers.  

Paraphrased from Dan Bylsma interview on WGR.

Bylsma, "Risto contract talks are progressive but these things take time". He didn't seem worried. He also talked about corsi and how you use it. Talked about quality of competition and how where they start, who they play against, and who they are playing with is all important. Rasmus is put in a lot of situations and we played him to much at times. He shouldn't be getting 28 or 30minutes a night. Thinks that lower his TOI to about 24 minutes a night will help improve his numbers.  

Paraphrased from Dan Bylsma interview on WGR.

Hopefully he does the same to ROR now that the kids are progressing, I don't want him to burn out by the time he's 28 and we head on a deep playoff run. ROR was getting stupid minutes most of last season.

Edit, "the same" being lowering his ice time, not playing him 24 minutes :P 

Edited by Randall Flagg

• 2 weeks later...

Risto doesn't believe a contract will be done before the World Cup, but is not concerned. Per Dave Davis

Original Article in Finnish

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/art-2000001250604.html

????  Anyone else getting slightly concerned about this Risto contract?  September 1st is on Wednesday....

???? Anyone else getting slightly concerned about this Risto contract? September 1st is on Wednesday....

I'll worry if it drags into camp, and not a moment sooner. I do wonder what the holdup is, however. I wonder if they're looking at him as closer to Ekblad than Maatta, and Murray is hoping for something like Rielly or Jones?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.