Ristolainen Signed, 6yrs 5.4mil per

LGR4GM

As a measuring stick, that would put Risto in the 4.5-5.0 range for same term.

Maybe, if the Sabres aren't buying UFA years. Barrie gave up two UFA years for more now.

I'm not sure if Risto is a UFA in four years or five.

Seems high for a Risto bridge and low for a contract that lets him be a UFA.

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird how long it's gone on.

Is it somehow contingent on what Vesey does, and what may flow from that?

I can't see it as Vesey salary won't be substantial so it shouldn't be based on cap implications.  No idea though. 

I was surprised when he wasn't signed before July 1st.  Especially considering the comparables.  But whatever.  Then July ends, now we're nearing the middle of August.  The strange thing is there are so many comparables out there that are all similar numbers so I would love to know which side is looking for either longer or shorter term deal.

Not gonna happen, but would you consider trading Rasmus for either Gaudreau or Monahan?

No, neither fill a need for Buffalo.

Value-wise, I'd do Gaudreau, but in real life, I wouldn't decimate our defensive potential like that

I'd go for Monahan. He's a better all around player. But we have ROR so why bother.

I wouldn't trade a valuable asset and create a hole for an asset of less importance based on need.  We would have no one to fill the top pair hole.  Both are good potentially great players, but not worth creating more need on d.  Jmho.

I wouldn't trade a valuable asset and create a hole for an asset of less importance based on need.  We would have no one to fill the top pair hole.  Both are good potentially great players, but not worth creating more need on d.  Jmho.

How about a 3-way deal with Anaheim for Lindholm?

to CGY: Ristolainen

to BUF: Lindholm

to ANA: Gaudreau

Why would we even want to trade Ristolainen at this stage?

It solves a problem for all 3 teams.

CGY needs d-men.

ANA needs young skilled wingers and have too many d-men.  (I suppose they could just go Lindholm for Gaudreau and be done with it, but that wouldn't be any fun for us)

BUF needs a stud D-man of GMTM's choosing, not one of Darcy's picks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.