Ristolainen Signed, 6yrs 5.4mil per

LGR4GM

So unsigned prospects can't be signed between June 1 and June 30, but RFAs can?

The whole unable to sign prospects during June thing is weird.

RFA's need "qualified offers" by 5 PM today, if not, they are UFA's. If they don't get a qualifying offer than can talk to other clubs tomorrow.

So unsigned prospects can't be signed between June 1 and June 30, but RFAs can?

The whole unable to sign prospects during June thing is weird.

If not for the draft happening in June & some of these unsigned prospects going back into the draft & teams needing more than a couple of days to decide how that'll effect their draft boards, I'd agree.

So there's a valid reason to have the last day to sign picks to be in early June.

Can't really come up w/ a reason to open the digning window back up at the end of the league year when the next year starts in a handful of days. That's just keeping things simple (which is shocking to see from the NHL ;)).

Remember, RFA's (& UFA's) don't actually become FA's until 7/1. Until then, they are part of the team that holds their rights.

They can do "the required qualifying raise" (by 5PM), a bridge contract or long term (before he gets offer sheeted or goes UFA).

So, yes.

Much appreciated.

If not for the draft happening in June & some of these unsigned prospects going back into the draft & teams needing more than a couple of days to decide how that'll effect their draft boards, I'd agree.

So there's a valid reason to have the last day to sign picks to be in early June.

Can't really come up w/ a reason to open the digning window back up at the end of the league year when the next year starts in a handful of days. That's just keeping things simple (which is shocking to see from the NHL ;)).

Remember, RFA's (& UFA's) don't actually become FA's until 7/1. Until then, they are part of the team that holds their rights.

It does make a certain amount of sense for prospects whom are eligible to re-enter the draft, for the reasons you stated. The odd thing is for guys who would still have their rights owned beyond the current league year, who are not eligible to re-enter the draft, to still be bound by that same rule. A guy like Vesey comes to mind.

Oh well, at least it's black and white and easy to understand, even if seems rather arbitrary for a large chunk of players.

Nevens, Jacobs and Gubtill. Now UFA's too.

I feel like Jacobs has been Sabres property since 1998.

MURRAY on Risto talks: "We have a number we know we are traveling to. He told us he wants to be here, and we want him to be here."

Said talks with Rasmus are headed in the right direction.

MURRAY: "We are going down the road of a long term deal. If there are bumps in talks we may do bridge, but we want to get long term done."

Edited by Hoss

No ######. That's why I said we need to lock him up for 8 years and not offer him a 6 year deal that only buys 1 or 2 of his UFA years. I'm arguing for locking him up for his entire 20's not letting him reach unrestricted free agency at 27 or 28.

This is the right idea. I don't think anyone has any question about the player other than how high is his ceiling? Lock him up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.