Season recap, both Sabres and MODO Hockey

MODO Hockey

Hey, *wissle wissle*

Regarding Buffalo Sabres, 

I must say i feel reborn hockeyfan-wise, if you know what i mean. I try to watch as many games as possible, otherwise i end up reading about the game here, i know ive been inactive for the last couple of games and that is just because ive been working alot and fell apart when MODO Hockey fell out of SHL.

I really enjoy the atmosphere you Buffalo Sabre- fans create here, and i have really got my self stuck on this team, mostly because of you guys and Linus Ullmark, he is the reason i ended up here anyway.

I want to start with saying thank you from my the bottom of my heart for the warm welcome you have given me, and this is gonna be a long, very long stay for sure.

This new formed team Buffalo Sabres have is very very interesting to watch, i was looking at the season recap with T.M and D.B, and they spoke

of exactly what i was thinking of this season, and i must say that the future looks very promising looking at what this season gave us. 

I got my jersey now, and im so excited and ready for next season that i only can explain it with this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhkE8O2e5RE

MODO Hockey then, short story.

Well this is an very sad story, for the first time in 35 years this team has fallen out of SHL, and this is critical for the whole town of Ornskoldsvik (about 20k ppl city, 30 k in suburbs), north of Sweden.

All player contracts are instantly broken, almost every good player leave the team for other SHL teams or KHL/Schweiz/NHL, spectators go down in numbers like 50 %, club budget goes down 30 % overall and many people lose their jobs, and there is most likely nothing positive with this other than people high up in the chain gets fired, and new people get voted in to try fix this shït. We lose our junior elite team aswell, since its a rule that to have such team you must have a team in SHL. 

Buffalo Sabres prospects Gustav Possler signed for Djurgarden in SHL, and Victor Olofsson has signed for Frolunda Indians.

To compare, if not same scale, but you could compare this with Buffalo Sabres ending up an AHL team like Amerks, the consequenses are very bad. 

Summary: 

Buffalo Sabres  :w00t:  :worthy: 
MODO Hockey  :cry:  :thumbdown: 

//"MODO Hockey"

Edited by MODO Hockey

Hey, MODO.

Thanks for the gracious words about being a part of our Sabres community and "Sabres nation" more generally. We are better for having you!

As for your Swedish club, I am so sorry. Relegation is such a cruel outcome -- one with which N.A. fans don't have to deal. Have faith, though. MODO will rise again!

Hey, *wissle wissle*

Regarding Buffalo Sabres, 

I must say i feel reborn hockeyfan-wise, if you know what i mean. I try to watch as many games as possible, otherwise i end up reading about the game here, i know ive been inactive for the last couple of games and that is just because ive been working alot and fell apart when MODO Hockey fell out of SHL.

I really enjoy the atmosphere you Buffalo Sabre- fans create here, and i have really got my self stuck on this team, mostly because of you guys and Linus Ullmark, he is the reason i ended up here anyway.

I want to start with saying thank you from my the bottom of my heart for the warm welcome you have given me, and this is gonna be a long, very long stay for sure.

This new formed team Buffalo Sabres have is very very interesting to watch, i was looking at the season recap with T.M and D.B, and they spoke

of exactly what i was thinking of this season, and i must say that the future looks very promising looking at what this season gave us. 

I got my jersey now, and im so excited and ready for next season that i only can explain it with this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhkE8O2e5RE

MODO Hockey then, short story.

Well this is an very sad story, for the first time in 35 years this team has fallen out of SHL, and this is critical for the whole town of Ornskoldsvik (about 20k ppl city, 30 k in suburbs), north of Sweden.

All player contracts are instantly broken, almost every good player leave the team for other SHL teams or KHL/Schweiz/NHL, spectators go down in numbers like 50 %, club budget goes down 30 % overall and many people lose their jobs, and there is most likely nothing positive with this other than people high up in the chain gets fired, and new people get voted in to try fix this shït. We lose our junior elite team aswell, since its a rule that to have such team you must have a team in SHL. 

Buffalo Sabres prospects Gustav Possler signed for Djurgarden in SHL, and Victor Olofsson has signed for Frolunda Indians.

To compare, if not same scale, but you could compare this with Buffalo Sabres ending up an AHL team like Amerks, the consequenses are very bad. 

Summary: 

Buffalo Sabres  :w00t:  :worthy: 

MODO Hockey  :cry:  :thumbdown: 

//"MODO Hockey"

MODO, thanks for being here. Very sorry to learn MODO was relegated. With the connection to Forsberg, it's the 1st team 90% of Americans would think of when thinking of the SHL. (Well, at least of those that know there IS a SHL. ;))

Hopefully you get your team back w/in 3 years like the Sabres seem to be back from the AHL.

Glad you'll be sticking around. :beer:

MODO, I never realized just how intense relegation was. That sucks and sorry.

Glad you hitched your wagon to the Sabres, though, and I hope they fill the hockey void for you. You are a large part of the atmosphere that you enjoy here and the energy you injected into this board mid-season was immeasurable. Hope you stick around.

ROCK'EM SABRES!!!!

When a profane, if pleasant, whistler from Sweden can convince a grumpy, if lovable, troll from Pennsylvania to make a Swedish pancake, maybe just maybe there's hope for the world. If there was a Calder Trophy for posters, you'd be hoisting it high my friend. Next season, if someone from Buffalo doesn't post a video on how to make wings, I will be very disappointed.

Like I said if there was a poster of you I would buy it.  If public support is a factor in coming out of relegation, I am sure SS would be behind any effort you propose.  I hope MODO gets its mojo back asap.  And we are better  for your insight into MODO hockey and the SHL.  And pannies.

Edited by 3putt

Posted my condolences in the Swedish View of Hockey thread or whatever it was, but I'll post 'em again.

I knew of MODO in the late 1980s.  Don't know why, maybe old Sabres media guides (I used to buy every year) or something?

It's an institution and it will be back.  It will not be the Leeds United of the SHL.

And the panny was simultaneously the most random and the most wonderful thing this board has seen in years.

I look forward to you answering the phone when I try my "call Sweden" thing.

MODO,

Your insightful post were very welcome this season and the fun stuff too.

Glad you plan to stick around and if you are really a long-term Sabres fan then you know all about the ups and downs of following a hockey team.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

MODO,

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just kidding.  That's gotta really suck.  I guess looking at the positives, there is no local hockey to interrupt your concentration on the Sabres.

Haha, true that my friend. Playoffs comming to Buffalo next season, and im flying over like a true boss! :D

MODO, so sorry about the relegation, that really sucks.

I often wondered how relegation worked at the team level. It's kind of a cool idea in terms of making teams play hard, but once you go down it seems like it'd be really hard to get back and stay back as the first year back in the big league you'd almost surely be near last. Is there relegation protection for teams that come up for a couple years? Otherwise it seems like you'd have a few "bubble teams" that are constantly bouncing between leagues (although I suppose losing players each time you go down would hurt the chances of popping back up the next year).

As for the players, even if they all didn't become FA, it'd be really hard to pay and recruit new players to the team. How does drafting work, for that matter? It seems like once you go down, it'd be really difficult to get talent to make a run to play in the SHL and stay there again.

MODO, so sorry about the relegation, that really sucks.

I often wondered how relegation worked at the team level. It's kind of a cool idea in terms of making teams play hard, but once you go down it seems like it'd be really hard to get back and stay back as the first year back in the big league you'd almost surely be near last. Is there relegation protection for teams that come up for a couple years? Otherwise it seems like you'd have a few "bubble teams" that are constantly bouncing between leagues (although I suppose losing players each time you go down would hurt the chances of popping back up the next year).

As for the players, even if they all didn't become FA, it'd be really hard to pay and recruit new players to the team. How does drafting work, for that matter? It seems like once you go down, it'd be really difficult to get talent to make a run to play in the SHL and stay there again.

Is there relegation protection for teams that come up for a couple years?

- No

How does drafting work, for that matter? 

- Well, teams have lower budget in Allsvenskan and they just have to look for cheaper players, and bring more youth players up from j20 to fill with. 

If you end up dropping out of SHL, the answer is yes, its very hard to fight ur way back, get lucky with some cheap undrafted players and try making it together with j20 players. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.