Mike Harrington vs. Jr Sabres girl

DaveSnuggerud

35 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Monster!

No doubt the cancel police are out in full force. He shooed a child away from an adult workplace. As did the Sabres dude.

Off with his head. He should no longer earn a living! He should have to resort to Instacart for grocery deliveries henceforth.

I think this is one of those situations where more than 1 thing can be true:

- This, and Harrington's potshot at the kid PA announcer the other day, weren't firing offenses

- Cancel culture can, and frequently does, go crazy, with destructive and irrational results

- Harrington is an unkind jerk

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

I just saw this too.  He shut her down and then shooed her away like a barn animal.  I’m curious to see how he defends it but looks like he turned off his social media accounts…

His twitter is up.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

That is not the response I was expecting from you.😁

20 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I think that tweet was clearly CYA.

Eh? It struck me as credible. And it struck me that he was saying: I don't recall this situation specifically, but if I was shooing the kid away (which he knows he's done in the past), it was to protect the kid from something not age appropriate.

19 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I think this is one of those situations where more than 1 thing can be true:

- This, and Harrington's potshot at the kid PA announcer the other day, weren't firing offenses

- Cancel culture can, and frequently does, go crazy, with destructive and irrational results

- Harrington is an unkind jerk

He can be? I don't think it's fair to go as far as you did. We don't know Mike. Of course we all engage in this sort of talk about politicians, athletes, celebrities, media personalities. It's part of a game and I imagine they, even an obscure sportswriter at TBN, know it.

• spndnchz changed the title to Mike Harrington vs. Jr Sabres girl
On 3/4/2016 at 1:38 PM, pi2000 said:

When the team is bad what do you want the reporters to say?   Ignore the fact they suck and praise them every chance they get?   I like that they call a spade a spade and don't sugarcoat everything just to appease the organization.    The media should hold them accountable and they do that.    I have no problem with any of them.

That said, when the team starts winning and makes a playoff run they'll have something positive to say.

Report the team is bad. No need to embellish or make things personal.

On 3/4/2016 at 12:58 PM, PASabreFan said:

He's awesome. And, like he told the sniveling Pegula during an editorial board meeting on the day we met Terry, when the team wins the coverage will be positive, like it was in 05-06 and 06-07. It's really that simple. Terry was asking for positive coverage as a way to improve the team's performance, which was just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard and started the souring process.

I'm not surprised by this take from you. ("Snivelling" is a nice touch.) As you said, this was right when Terry took over and already the local press had their knives out. What does that tell you?

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Monster!

No doubt the cancel police are out in full force. He shooed a child away from an adult workplace. As did the Sabres dude.

Off with his head. He should no longer earn a living! He should have to resort to Instacart for grocery deliveries henceforth.

Confused Little Girl GIF

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

#1. She didn't want to go over with the towering dudes. That was clear. Maybe she's the only one with common sense in this scene bc #2. What was she supposed to do when she got there?

The adults should be adults, knowing it's kids' day and go "how cute! Hey, folks, we have a VIP reporter here, let's help her get her sound bite!", help her get her question and answer, make sure she's all set, praise her for a good job and excuse themselves while they finish their adult stuff.

Why does a random person on the interwebz need to spell this out?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ... said:

The adults should be adults, knowing it's kids' day and go "how cute! Hey, folks, we have a VIP reporter here, let's help her get her sound bite!", help her get her question and answer, make sure she's all set, praise her for a good job and excuse themselves while they finish their adult stuff.

Why does a random person on the interwebz need to spell this out?

Exactly, it’s one out of 41 home games. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Monster!

Mike being a jerk to an eight year old to spare her from hearing him be an unprofessional jerk is a hell of a defense for his behavior.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.