Mike Harrington vs. Jr Sabres girl

DaveSnuggerud

On 3/4/2016 at 8:38 AM, DaveSnuggerud said:

Is it just me or is Mike Harrington one of the most negative media types ever? Someone on here once called him an "insufferable prick." I'm trying to stay positive with the state of this team and the rebuild but then I read a tweet from MH and it seems like the sky is falling. Is it time to unfollow him? Is there anything he is right about?

Got a link to the Tweet?

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Seems like the dude who is bitter because he is married to an ugly 350 lb woman.

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not surprised by this take from you. ("Snivelling" is a nice touch.) As you said, this was right when Terry took over and already the local press had their knives out. What does that tell you?

I think this is a gross distortion of that day. The coverage of the whole runup to that day was positive, as was the coverage of that day. No knives were out on the media side.

What i can't believe is Mike Straw sat on this video for 4 years waiting for his big time moment to grill Harrington? Hopefully he buys a round or two for TG at elmo's next time for the ez lay up.

It's a bad look on Mike and from the sounds of it Sabres talked to him that day (the girls dad mentioned that in one of the tweets). It started with a poorly thought of tweet this weekend about the PA announcer which i dunno why Mike felt the need to tweet that. Then it ended up as a gang mentality on twitter. It went too far imo.

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Seems like the dude who is bitter because he is married to an ugly 350 lb woman.

wtf dude, show some class.

• Agree 4

10 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Grow up, this is BS. He's bitter for other reasons.

7 hours ago, Two or less said:

What i can't believe is Mike Straw sat on this video for 4 years waiting for his big time moment to grill Harrington? Hopefully he buys a round or two for TG at elmo's next time for the ez lay up.

It's a bad look on Mike and from the sounds of it Sabres talked to him that day (the girls dad mentioned that in one of the tweets). It started with a poorly thought of tweet this weekend about the PA announcer which i dunno why Mike felt the need to tweet that. Then it ended up as a gang mentality on twitter. It went too far imo.

First time: "eh, the person's just having a bad day". Sees the same person acting the same ***** way: "this is a pattern, not an isolated incident." Makes sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TheAud said:

Tim Graham and Mike Harrington going at it publicly...no one wins here...except for Sabres fans everywhere! I hate both of those guys!

I've said this before: I think Graham truly believes that he's dunking on Harrington when he does this stuff. But I end up feeling like it's "a pox on both your houses" type situation. 

Harrington to Graham:

Mean Girls Stalker GIF

1 hour ago, Kr632 said:

Harrington grew up a couple houses away from my family. Pretty much everyone on the street hated him. 

Aaaand, when I read stuff like this, I find myself sorta maybe sympathizing with the guy again ...? It's reflexive for me.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Could care less either way but this looks like a big nothing burger with a created narrative. 

Make no mistake the narrative is there bc some folks would love to see Mike go away. We'd be left with Hoppe, Lysowski and cream soda.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I've said this before: I think Graham truly believes that he's dunking on Harrington when he does this stuff. But I end up feeling like it's "a pox on both your houses" type situation. 

Harrington to Graham:

Mean Girls Stalker GIF

Aaaand, when I read stuff like this, I find myself sorta maybe sympathizing with the guy again ...? It's reflexive for me.

Graham comes across as the consumate social justice warrior who loves nothing more than burning others to the ground.  Harrington comes across as a bitter weeney.  It's a match made in heaven.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Make no mistake the narrative is there bc some folks would love to see Mike go away. We'd be left with Hoppe, Lysowski and cream soda.

I do love a good cream soda to wash down my werthers and soda crackers.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Two or less said:

Graham had sent out a tweet a couple of days ago asking anyone and everyone for the old video footage.  Apparently Straw had it.

Edited by Eleven

48 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

...or maybe it's because MH has, for his entire adult life, been a jerk who treats other people poorly, and when you behave like that, sooner or later some of those people will take the opportunity to roast you.

Surely you will admit that the number of people who have publicly criticized MH means something?

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Graham comes across as the consumate social justice warrior who loves nothing more than burning others to the ground.  Harrington comes across as a bitter weeney.  It's a match made in heaven.

I feel like I'm reading an argument between two whiny pre-teens.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I finally caught up on this crazy thread.  

Since I don't live in Buffalo anymore I have no strong negative or positive feelings about Harrington.  Graham has been all over the Bills coverage, now with The Athletic, and all over social media.  I have seen him in other social media scrums in the past.  He is comfortable in this environment. 

I think Harington's initial tweet was a bad one.  His apology good enough for me, I understand how it came off bad, but I can see that it could have just been his cloddish attempt at adult humor (meaning he ignores his entire audience - or as you youngsters call it "tone deaf").  

Going back years ago now, his explanation of why he shoo'ed away the girl from Risto's tirade was fine too.  Not gonna nit pick how he did it, sure he could have been softer and explained things better.  Some men do not have natural skills dealing with children, he may not have kids of his own, I don't know.  

Why does Graham need to pile on?   Apparently this is a personal battle between two men who happen to be journalists.  One is dredging up the past to discredit the other and using social media to rile the masses. 

Just a stupid waste of time.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

...or maybe it's because MH has, for his entire adult life, been a jerk who treats other people poorly, and when you behave like that, sooner or later some of those people will take the opportunity to roast you.

Surely you will admit that the number of people who have publicly criticized MH means something?

I wouldn't. He's demonized for being too harsh on the Sabres. And there's the tank stuff that I thankfully had forgotten, but  I was reminded he was rough on a lot of the "fans."

Unless you have inside knowledge of MH, your first statement is ludicrous. And even then would be your personal opinion.

Edited by PASabreFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.