Mike Harrington vs. Jr Sabres girl

DaveSnuggerud

54 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I wouldn't. He's demonized for being too harsh on the Sabres. And there's the tank stuff that I thankfully had forgotten, but  I was reminded he was rough on a lot of the "fans."

Unless you have inside knowledge of MH, your first statement is ludicrous. And even then would be your personal opinion.

To be clear, my use of “maybe” in “he’s a jerk” was meant to indicate that the criticism he’s been receiving could relate to personal failings that he may have.  Certainly he could be free of those failings.  Based on the amount and number of sources of the criticism, I would guess that he has those failings in spades, but you are right that it’s just a guess.  

15 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I think this is a gross distortion of that day. The coverage of the whole runup to that day was positive, as was the coverage of that day. No knives were out on the media side.

That's not how I recall it. Sullivan and Gleason in particular were ready to pounce on the somewhat naïve Pegula.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's not how I recall it. Sullivan and Gleason in particular were ready to pounce on the somewhat naïve Pegula.

They were still carrying their vendetta against Tim Connolly for deigning to be part of the Mike Peca trade.  IMHO, only a reacquisition of Peca and the Pegula "disappearing" Connolly (yes, I deliberately implying that Pegula had to do what tin pot dictators do to their "enemies") had a chance of taking a bit of the edge off.  Yes, I think that little of them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.