Mike Harrington vs. Jr Sabres girl

DaveSnuggerud

Maybe we could turn this into a media thread?

This may explain why there's a ton of leaky info and improper info out there...

2000 in America: 65,900 reporters, 128,600 PR people

2015 in America: 46,500 reporters, 208,000 PR people

(per @BLS_gov data)

This is a well worn career track, too: Jodi Johnston, Mike DeGeorge, George Richert - to name a few.

• 7 years later...
On 3/4/2016 at 11:38 AM, DaveSnuggerud said:

Is it just me or is Mike Harrington one of the most negative media types ever? Someone on here once called him an "insufferable prick." I'm trying to stay positive with the state of this team and the rebuild but then I read a tweet from MH and it seems like the sky is falling. Is it time to unfollow him? Is there anything he is right about?

This issue is by now conclusively resolved. In the event there were any doubt on the topic:

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

This issue is by now conclusively resolved. In the event there were any doubt on the topic:

I just saw this too.  He shut her down and then shooed her away like a barn animal.  I’m curious to see how he defends it but looks like he turned off his social media accounts…

Edited by SHAAAUGHT!!!
Fat fingers typing on phone

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

P.S. I thought this was from Saturday's game. The replies indicate that this is an older clip, as the Sabres staffer who joins in with a "shoo shoo" gesture is no longer with the team.

Pretty sure that video is the one Timmah Graham was talking about indicating that Harrington has a history of not playing nicely with the kids showing the world that anyone can do his job.

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

I still blame the Sabres more than butthole Harrington.  He is a moron but the Sabres needed to do a better job guiding the kids not just letting them run free in the locker room.  

That video wasn't in the locker room, it was in the corridor between the dressing room and the bench.  

And, while YMMV, it didn't seem the girl was running free.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I should have known.

The video surfaced because Tim Graham was taking more shots at Harrington.

So, the video is online because of another guy who's a bit of a prickly pear.

Maybe there’s more to the story …?

image.thumb.png.e228cd2c9ed76a79d6d0abb640a28530.png

https://twitter.com/cbandura/status/1632779418354450436?s=20

Edited by That Aud Smell

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Now this thread is old a.f.

On 3/4/2016 at 11:38 AM, DaveSnuggerud said:

Is it just me or is Mike Harrington one of the most negative media types ever? Someone on here once called him an "insufferable prick." I'm trying to stay positive with the state of this team and the rebuild but then I read a tweet from MH and it seems like the sky is falling. Is it time to unfollow him? Is there anything he is right about?

I've cut ties with not only negative people on social media outlets but in my personal life as well and I'll tell ya I feel so much better for it, clearer mind, always more upbeat and positive. I did this years ago... I only go on Twitter for sports updates, I haven't read or seen the news in like 5 years, I don't do facebook and try to hangout with and be around positive people/good energy people and it's done wonders for my health and just overall peace of mind. 

• Like (+1) 2

Monster!

No doubt the cancel police are out in full force. He shooed a child away from an adult workplace. As did the Sabres dude.

Off with his head. He should no longer earn a living! He should have to resort to Instacart for grocery deliveries henceforth.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wrong place wrong time.    I blame whoever was mentoring her that day.    

If I was trying to do my job and some little girl kept getting in the way I'd shoo her away too 🙂

Members of the media are trained to be aggressive and curt when attempting to get stories, fighting for position around players etc... it's part of their job, no time to be polite.    

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I blame whoever was mentoring her that day.    

I tend to agree that the guy seen kneeling at the start of the clip should have been in front of her to clear the way, grease the skids, get the all-clear. Sending her into the scrum wasn't a good idea.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

He shooed a child away from an adult workplace. As did the Sabres dude.

It was an adult workplace that, for that day, had been expressly opened to participation on the part of kids.

It's an interesting wrinkle that the Sabres' staffer (seen shooing) tweeted to the effect that he might have been shooing her away in order to protect her. From what? The interview's content and/or tone? From Harrington? He wasn't clear.

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

It was an adult workplace that, for that day, had been expressly opened to participation on the part of kids.

It's an interesting wrinkle that the Sabres' staffer (seen shooing) tweeted to the effect that he might have been shooing her away in order to protect her. From what? The interview's content and/or tone? From Harrington? He wasn't clear.

I think that tweet was clearly CYA. I believe the junior staffer encouraged participation when he shouldn't have. I don't see how logistically it was going to work. The little girl was like 3'8.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.