Evander Kane suspended for missing practice

Hoss

You would think being thrown off a team and investigated for sexual assault within the past year would be a good enough wake up call. What a dummy. Murray should get out of this mistake ASAP and trade him this deadline. More than enough proof by now that it's not going to get any better.

which team are you referring to which Kane "was thrown off of" ?

Randall Flagg, on 15 Feb 2016 - 1:28 PM, said:

I agree with the discipline handed out, and I don't care about this as long as he doesn't do it again, and I don't expect he will.

I was just mulling in my head whether Kane is capable of being shamed.  That's what the suspension is supposed to accomplish.  I like Kane, and have defended his antics, but, he needs to fall head-over-heels in love, get married, and have a kid really fast.  It's pretty clear his life-style is eventually going to kick him in the ass.

I missed the Russian crack. 10 internet points awarded.

There were never any charges against him in the assault "case", so he wasn't being investigated.

Well, wait. An investigation precedes charges. His vehicle was taken by police authorities at one point. Looked as though he consented to his vehicle being searched for evidence. 

Point being: He was being investigated in connection with an alleged sexual assault.

From Michael Parthum on Twitter

Some perspective on Kane & #Sabres: earlier this season, another hockey player overslept and sat out his next game too.

Alex Ovechkin.

Well, yeah. Another Russian.

From Michael Parthum on Twitter

Some perspective on Kane & #Sabres: earlier this season, another hockey player overslept and sat out his next game too.

Alex Ovechkin.

Also Gaudreau and Monahan last week, right?  And the Islanders actually cut Ho-John for that.

Anyway, none of that makes this ok.  I have no problem with him going to the NBA game or staying up late, as long as he makes it to work in the morning.  He didn't.

Edited by Eleven

Also Gaudreau and Monahan last week, right?  And the Islanders actually cut Ho-John for that.

Anyway, none of that makes this ok.  I have no problem with him going to the NBA game or staying up late, as long as he makes it to work in the morning or clears it w/ his boss ahead of time that he would miss practice .  He didn't.

FTFY.

I could see where, especially the way that he's been playing lately, he could have told DB that he'd really like to go to the bouncey-ball exhibition game and ask if it was ok to miss practice the next day if conditions dictated it. A reasonable boss could allow it (or not, whatever) but the subject absolutely could've (should've) been broached ahead of time.

FTFY.

I could see where, especially the way that he's been playing lately, he could have told DB that he'd really like to go to the bouncey-ball exhibition game and ask if it was ok to miss practice the next day if conditions dictated it. A reasonable boss could allow it (or not, whatever) but the subject absolutely could've (should've) been broached ahead of time.

I'd be fine with that, too.

Kane has been trapped for weeks in a time-loop like Groundhog Day and the Star Trek TNG episode "Time Squared", only in his case he keeps finding a crazed GMTM in a car on Ohio Street on his way to a guest appearance at HarborCenter. Yesterday he actually hit the magic combo that got him out of the loop (throwing GMTM in Lake Erie to snap him out of it and stopping for Tim Horton's to buy donuts for everyone at HC), but didn't realize and didn't get out of bed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.