Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Considering that w/out TP's direct involvement we get even MORE RB direct involvement, which has been shown empirically to bring about "bad things, man, bad things" I'd rather have him grow into a good owner. If Cuban can figure it out, why not our owner?

This goes to "hiring good people."

Mike Tomlin was a one year coordinator with Minnesota before the Steelers hired him. He had no affiliation with the Steelers prior to his hiring and at the time it was thought he was simply a Rooney Rule interview.

This was my recollection as well. The earlier comments had me questioning my admittedly faulty memory.

Some at TBD want Matt Patricia. Apparently he's a rocket scientist too. Regardless, watching the Pats defense has been impressive

Unless it's Belichick himself and he's bringing Brady with him, I really don't want anyone associated with the Pats. Crennel, Weis, McDaniels, even management in Pioli...all flamed out elsewhere. And I mean flamed out. I guess Bill O'Brian has had some success in Houston, but honestly, I think he's in Rex's class. Rex would win that division too.

Unless it's Belichick himself and he's bringing Brady with him, I really don't want anyone associated with the Pats. Crennel, Weis, McDaniels, even management in Pioli...all flamed out elsewhere. And I mean flamed out. I guess Bill O'Brian has had some success in Houston, but honestly, I think he's in Rex's class. Rex would win that division too.

Mangini too. I agree, pilfering the Pats does not work

Nice find!

This is exactly the kind of thinking I was talking about earlier. A guy with perennial demonstration of competence and success that hasn't gotten a shot as a head coach yet. Doesn't have to be specifically Toub, but this is the kind of guys I would like considered.

Edit: even if the article is from LaCanfora... :(

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Also, how the hell is Doug Whaley still part of this organization?  The Sammy Watkins trade has to be among the most disastrous in recent memory -- both because we didn't get good value for moving up and because staying put would have landed us WRs that were BETTER (Odell Beckham or Antonio Brown).  If we'd have drafted a good QB under his watch, we might not be here.

And F*** Russ Brandon.  Why is he still around?  How many years can you have an organization circle the drain before you pull the plug?

Also, how the hell is Doug Whaley still part of this organization?  The Sammy Watkins trade has to be among the most disastrous in recent memory -- both because we didn't get good value for moving up and because staying put would have landed us WRs that were BETTER (Odell Beckham or Antonio Brown).  If we'd have drafted a good QB under his watch, we might not be here.

And F*** Russ Brandon.  Why is he still around?  How many years can you have an organization circle the drain before you pull the plug?

Huh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Brown

"Brown was selected 195th overall by the Steelers in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft."

The notable 2014 WR class was Watkins, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham, Brandon Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Huh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Brown

"Brown was selected 195th overall by the Steelers in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft."

Ugh, wrong WR.  I meant Mike Evans.  And not sure the point even stands since he was taken 8th after everything else happened.

Whatever, that trade sucked when we did it and sucks even more now.

Ugh, wrong WR.  I meant Mike Evans.  And not sure the point even stands since he was taken 8th after everything else happened.

Whatever, that trade sucked when we did it and sucks even more now.

7th but who's counting? :nana:

(not trying to bust your balls here - I agree with your point, especially since guys like Robinson and Landry were available in the late 2nd.)

"How is Whaley part of this organization?  <insert one [admittedly big, and I didn't even like it when it happened] mistake>"

Outside of the Watkins trade, Whaley has done a good job, IMO.

"How is Whaley part of this organization?  <insert one [admittedly big, and I didn't even like it when it happened] mistake>"

Outside of the Watkins trade, Whaley has done a good job, IMO.

Whaley continued to not to address the most important position on the field. Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr and Dak Prescott were all available to the Bills and they went in different directions. The year they finally choose a QB is the worse year to do so in ages.

Whaley continued to not to address the most important position on the field. Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr and Dak Prescott were all available to the Bills and they went in different directions. The year they finally choose a QB is the worse year to do so in ages.

He wasn't GM when Wilson was picked. You are right that the other 3 are presently the only three that a case can be made for that the Bills should of picked.

It's way too early to know if Prescott is worthy of this conversation. I'm not sure Cousins is much better then Taylor although he seems heading that way which leaves Carr as the only player he had a chance to get(it would have taken the same kind of maneuvering he is criticized for).

So you basically want to fire him because he didn't trade up to get Carr.

It's all about the QB and as much as everyone hates it, it's about luck.

He wasn't GM when Wilson was picked. You are right that the other 3 are presently the only three that a case can be made for that the Bills should of picked.

It's way too early to know if Prescott is worthy of this conversation. I'm not sure Cousins is much better then Taylor although he seems heading that way which leaves Carr as the only player he had a chance to get(it would have taken the same kind of maneuvering he is criticized for).

So you basically want to fire him because he didn't trade up to get Carr.

It's all about the QB and as much as everyone hates it, it's about luck.

He also signed an unproven quarterback to an extension which it appears the team will not be honoring.

Have only 35 Million in Cap Space with only 36 players under contract for next season. This figure includes Tyrod's Contract not being picked up

Drafted three players in 2016 who are suited best for Rex Ryan's Defense, in particular Reggie Ragland who they gave up their second and pick 117. How will they fit into the new scheme? Prescott was taken 135. Yes it's early, but he looks like the real deal.

His drafting can be called into question as well, based on this from Tim Graham

"A league-wide roster analysis shows perennial playoff teams have an average 61.1 percent more draft picks on their rosters than the Bills are carrying.

The Bills have 22 of their own draft picks on the active roster and 31 overall when counting the practice squad and injured reserve.

Those are the lowest figures in the league and substantially behind teams that have made the playoffs within the past five years.

The winless Cleveland Browns, whom the Bills pushed around Sunday at New Era Field, are bottoming out on purpose. Yet the 7-7 Bills have fewer draft picks on their roster than the Browns do."

In terms of maneuvering to draft Carr, they traded two firsts and a fourth to move from ninth to fourth to draft Watkins. Would their second and third get them back into the bottom of the first to draft Carr in 2014?

The fact that it was an overly deep receiver draft is besides the point, but what is relevant is that the trade made to help their quarterback rather then making a move to get a better one.

Whaley has been with the Bills since 2010 and has been GM since 2013. With no playoff appearances

In contrast Reggie McKenzie has been the GM of the Raiders since 2012 and has built a playoff team.

Both franchises have been historically inept for the past decade, but the future is brighter for one.

In terms of luck with quarterback, Buddy Nix was asked why they took TJ Graham in the 3rd RD and not Russell Wilson. Nix replied we had a 4th round grade on Wilson.

Fast forward to 2016. It was widely reported by Joe Buscaglia of Channel 7 that the Bills where strongly interested in Dak Prescott and would draft a QB by the fourth round. During the first round of the draft Dallas was actively trying to get Paxton Lynch, so word was out they wanted a QB. Knowing this fact and maybe not allowing history to repeat itself, the Bills should have used pick 92 on the QB they wanted after using three picks on defense to acquire Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland.

My point is there are quite a few reasons why I want Whaley relieved of his duties. And that doesn't include the fact that reportedly he did not get along with the last two HCs, granted he did not have the final say on either.

Edited by BRAWNDO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.