Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

This might have been the first game against the Patriots that I wasnt scared shitless that at any time the pats were going to come back and score in a moment and take over the game. They just looked terrible and out of sync all game. Great job by the Bills taking away the run and forcing brisket to be a real qb, but the pats looked terrible imo

I wasn't comfortable until the 2 minute warning.

And Hightower's name typically came up after getting juked out of his shorts.

Please name the teams that have the "legit #2 WR" who is significantly better than Woods.  I don't love Whaley, but let's keep it real.

Raiders, Jets, Cardinals, Packers, Broncos and Jaguars for sure.

Saints, Patriots, Steelers, Texans, Dolphins, Colts, Giants, Eagles, Washington and Seahawks either have a better number two who isn't "significantly better" or design their offenses around having several good WRs.

The big problem with the Bills not bringing in another WR is they should've known (and did know) Watkins has had injury issues and the foot was a major risk going into the season. They've got an injury-prone number one, a decent number two and then absolutely nothing. I could probably name 31 teams with a better number three receiver.

Raiders, Jets, Cardinals, Packers, Broncos and Jaguars for sure.

Saints, Patriots, Steelers, Texans, Dolphins, Colts, Giants, Eagles, Washington and Seahawks either have a better number two who isn't "significantly better" or design their offenses around having several good WRs.

The big problem with the Bills not bringing in another WR is they should've known (and did know) Watkins has had injury issues and the foot was a major risk going into the season. They've got an injury-prone number one, a decent number two and then absolutely nothing. I could probably name 31 teams with a better number three receiver.

Well, they're 2-0 without Watkins, Clay is better than anyone gives him credit for, and the Bills are better than half of the teams you named.  (And the Patriots?  They don't even have a #1 WR.)

I'm ok with the situation.

An NFL team can't be deep at every position.  The Bills happen to be deep at RB, DB, LB.  That's where it is for this team.  I'm ok with it.

Whaley has done some stupid things (three picks, two of which were firsts, on a single WR) but not having five outstanding WRs is not one of them.

Edited by Eleven

Sucking donkey nuggets.... And it was fantastic

Showing us that Belichick with a bad quarterback looks like basically every other coach with a bad quarterback.

I still can't get over how bad the entire Patriots team looked. I expected them to struggle on offense a bit, but they looked out of whack team wide. Is it just that they couldn't maintain the level of play they needed to overcome the absence of Brady four weeks in a row? If so, are they a broken team going forward even with Brady back?

Today's game was right outta bizzaro land. If you told me the teams switched jerseys just prior to kickoff,I'd believe you. The Pats were so out of Sync.

And yet the Bills still couldn't manage a single TD the last 50 minutes of the game. 

They didn't need one.

Right.  If it's 7-7 instead of 7-0 and that penalty is called on the second drive, think that Rex accepts the penalty and goes for it on 3rd down instead of settling for the field goal?  His strategy was apparent:  Play to score early, then get more conservative as the game wears on, but get any points you can along the way.  It worked.

Edited by Doohickie

Crazy stat (brought to you by Tim Graham):

At the half the Patriots had only 17 offensive snaps. In those 17 defensive snaps for the Bills Zach Brown had 8 tackles (2 for a loss) and two forced fumbles.

The last thing I'll say on the Bills WR depth: Michael Crabtree has been AWESOME in Oakland and has caught the game-winning TD in two consecutive weeks for them. Before Crabtree signed with the Raiders he went on NFL Network and said he wanted to sign with Buffalo (also mentioned San Diego). A few days letter Whaley chose to sign Percy Harvin.

Edited by Hoss

TBPhD -- if you want to get a little goofy and have a strawberry daiquiri for lunch, that is fine, but you can't keep positing the same joke every 15 min.

Tom W. -- I'm happy with win just like you are, but I'm not sure it puts the Bills on the same level as the Pats, or that it vindicates Whaley. I'm also quite sure the difference between the Bills and the Pats is more than just getting

lucky on Brady.

In any case, that was a great win for this season, for Rex and for TT, who looked great In multiple areas, IMHO.

Well, they're 2-0 without Watkins, Clay is better than anyone gives him credit for, and the Bills are better than half of the teams you named. (And the Patriots? They don't even have a #1 WR.)

I'm ok with the situation.

An NFL team can't be deep at every position. The Bills happen to be deep at RB, DB, LB. That's where it is for this team. I'm ok with it.

Whaley has done some stupid things (three picks, two of which were firsts, on a single WR) but not having five outstanding WRs is not one of them.

I really haven't heard anyone discredit Clay as being a good TE. His lack of production has been mostly due to not throwing to him or not having him involved in the game plan. Clay is an above avg TE and decent blocker. He showed yesterday if you throw the ball to him, he's gonna perform. He seems to have no problem getting open when he goes out on pass plays.

I agree with the LB unit. When Rags went down people "over there" were blasting DW for having undersized LBs with no depth whatsoever. I always thought we were pretty good at the position and that Reggie was just gonna make them that much better. They went out and picked up Spikes and someone else (forgot his name, Hawthorne maybe?) for depth and as it turns out, Spikes hasn't seen the field yet and the other dude was cut. The Brown brothers are tearing it up. Didn't realize how fast Zach is.

There are plenty of Bills fans that won't be happy no matter what (every team has them). I just hope I'm around if and when Buffalo wins a SB. I wanna be able to listen to the people who will be there complaining that the win wasn't a good win. Like many did yesterday.

Edited by Claude Balls

Not sure if it was mentioned upthread, but McDaniels apparently said that he found out Garapolo (sp) couldn't go "a few hours" before kickoff.

Not going to shed a single tear for the Patriots, but that would help explain why they looked like they didn't gameplan at all for this game.

In addition, there were reports by NE reporters that said Garappolo would be the starter on Saturday.

I'm sure they had a contingency in place for the guy who played. But, yeah - they didn't look at all functional or cohesive on that side of the ball.

Oh agreed. But if you spent 80% of your time gameplanning for Garappolo run offense, and 20% for the Brisket, that lost time results in some sloppy play with simple playcalling.

#thebrisketgotsmoked

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.