2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

Is this for real ? There's no other way to look at this other than DB is full on tanking. His moves are so counterproductive. 

Are we in the midst of a tank within a tank ?

Well, the Sabres actual twitter account posted it. Still there. Not April 1st as far as I'm aware.

How is he still employed?

Is this for real ? There's no other way to look at this other than DB is full on tanking. His moves are so counterproductive. 

Are we in the midst of a tank within a tank ? 

I just said that in another thread.

Is it intended, as in, a joint tank by coach and GM?

Or

Is the coach so horribly inept (and not his hire) that the GM is getting another year to build a team thanks to the owner's hiring of a big name coach? So a free pass for the GM.

They're fake, you know that, right?

-----

And I think coach is just saying stuff for the sake of saying stuff.  I think he is playing around.  No possible way Des is playing centre.

I thought there was no possible way he was being serious taking Eichel off the PP that one game.  Then it happened.

Top available UFA d-men by points for this summer

Kevin Shattenkirk (Age 27, 8/20/28 - St. Louis)

Justin Schultz (Age 26, 7/19/26- Pittsburgh)

Andrei Markov (Age 38, 2/19/21- Montreal)

Mark Streit (Age 39, 5/12/17- Philadelphia)

Dennis Seidenberg (Age 25, 4/9/13- NYI)

Dennis Wideman (Age 33, 3/9/12- Calgary)

Trevor Daley (Age 33, 3/9/12- Pittsburgh)

Brian Campbell (Age 37, 4/8/12- Chicago)

Michael Del Zotto (Age 27, 4/6/10- Philadelphia)

Schultz is an RFA I think he stays put.   PIT has about $16mil to split up between Kunitz, Bonino, and Shultz.   Fluery's $7mil will probably be off the books by then too, so that gives them more flexibility.

33 and older I'd cross off the list, doesn't jive with the direction this team is going... btw Seidenberg is 35, not 25.  

Shattenkirk is having a nice year offensively, especially on the PP.   St. Louis will have about $12mil to split up between Berglund, Upshall, Shattenkirk and Parayko (RFA).    Upshall/Berglund should be relatively cheap, probably around $5mil between the two.   Maybe they let Upshall walk, so could be maybe $3-3.5 for Berglund.... leaving $9mil for Parayko and Shattenkirk.    On the open market Shattenkirk  should get about $5.5-6mil, Parayko probably gets a bridge similar to Ristolainen, so they could probably keep both if they wanted.    That said, he's a -14 on a team with a -13 team goal differential... so I'll pass. 

Small typo, but Seidenberg is 35. 

Schultz is an RFA I think he stays put. PIT has about $16mil to split up between Kunitz, Bonino, and Shultz. Fluery's $7mil will probably be off the books by then too, so that gives them more flexibility.

33 and older I'd cross off the list, doesn't jive with the direction this team is going... btw Seidenberg is 35, not 25.

Shattenkirk is having a nice year offensively, especially on the PP. St. Louis will have about $12mil to split up between Berglund, Upshall, Shattenkirk and Parayko (RFA). Upshall/Berglund should be relatively cheap, probably around $5mil between the two. Maybe they let Upshall walk, so could be maybe $3-3.5 for Berglund.... leaving $9mil for Parayko and Shattenkirk. On the open market Shattenkirk should get about $5.5-6mil, Parayko probably gets a bridge similar to Ristolainen, so they could probably keep both if they wanted. That said, he's a -14 on a team with a -13 team goal differential... so I'll pass.

I'd bet Shattenkirk would get close to $7 mill on the open market. Everybody gets real stupid come 7/1.

That is one fugly list after Shattenkirk--not a single guy I'd want to plug into the top-4. Maybe Campbell? Suspect he'd still want to head to a contender though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.