2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

Trades are happening!

Or, maybe 1 of the injured D that had been on IR is ready to come off that list & they want to make room for him &/or a different Amerk to be up.

(Apologies if yours was sarcasm & it was missed. Sarcasm detector ain't what she used to be.)

Edit: Seeing the other thread, as Emily used to say: "nevermind."

Edited by Taro T

How many games did it take Kane to get back to form after coming off the injury? Whatever the answer is to that question is roughly how many games I'd like to see Ennis play before I dispense judgement on how I feel about him. He's missed a lot of time and he's going to need a good stretch of games to get back into peak form.

How many games did it take Kane to get back to form after coming off the injury? Whatever the answer is to that question is roughly how many games I'd like to see Ennis play before I dispense judgement on how I feel about him. He's missed a lot of time and he's going to need a good stretch of games to get back into peak form.

Kane took about 12 games to start producing points. NYR would be Ennis' 7th game back.

Good point and this is fair.

Still, as I've said before, my concern is that while Kane needed to get his timing back and let his ribs heal a bit, which we could reasonably expect to happen and which did happen, Ennis' elite speed may be gone and not coming back -- and if that is the case, he's not an effective NHL player.

GMTM On WGR today

GMTM- "We're still somewhere in that rebuild, we're certainly not at the bottom of it, but we're not close to the top yet either."

GMTM on Bylsma- "I don't think there's any miscommunication. When a team comes out flat for the game I put that squarely on the players."

GMTM- "Learning to win is part of the process. Learning to win is hard and once you learn to win it's much harder to lose that."

No idea where to put this, but Anthony Florentino (RHD, 5th round pick from 2013) had a hat trick last night for Providence.

He turned 22 last week.  He might be worth signing and giving a look with the Sabres to end the year, especially if we trade Franson or anyone else on the blue line.  And hopefully we sign him no matter what since we need the depth on D.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.