2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

That is one fugly list after Shattenkirk--not a single guy I'd want to plug into the top-4. Maybe Campbell? Suspect he'd still want to head to a contender though.

Shultz and Dalley have worked real well for Pitt, though no doubt that's due mostly to their coaching style

Schultz would look a lot more like Edmonton Schultz than Pittsburgh Schultz here.

And he may have been the worst defenseman in the league last year before that trade.

He is second in +/- behind only Suter, so he must be the second best defenceman this year ........  :ph34r:

I hate to say it, but I don't think we're going to see anything useful out of Ennis this season.  His speed is down 25% or so from peak Ennis and without it he's JAG.  Last night vs Nashville he was completely ineffective and was replaced with Kane on ROR's line in the 3rd period.

Frankly I'm concerned that his days of being a dynamic NHL forward are over -- and that his contract will be an even worse albatross than Moulson's.

I hate to say it, but I don't think we're going to see anything useful out of Ennis this season. His speed is down 25% or so from peak Ennis and without it he's JAG. Last night vs Nashville he was completely ineffective and was replaced with Kane on ROR's line in the 3rd period.

Frankly I'm concerned that his days of being a dynamic NHL forward are over -- and that his contract will be an even worse albatross than Moulson's.

Let Vegas take him. Ennis is finished

That would be great, but I don't see them (or anyone else) taking his contract.

(Just checked -- it's not as bad as I thought -- 2 more years after this one at $4.6MM per year.  Moulson's is 2 more years after this one at $5MM per year.  I still don't see anyone taking either of those contracts though.)

I hate to say it, but I don't think we're going to see anything useful out of Ennis this season.  His speed is down 25% or so from peak Ennis and without it he's JAG.  Last night vs Nashville he was completely ineffective and was replaced with Kane on ROR's line in the 3rd period.

Tyler Ennis will be fine.

He's been back for 4 games and we are 4-0 in those games.

Something something Byslma

Seriously though, ###### that guy. I would be willing to entertain and debate with anyone who claims it's our wings and defense though. Both for fun and honestly I'm unsure which is the problem

Who is Byslma????

Your OCD condition on firing this guy is now starting to mess up your spelling too!!!!

Mike Kelly of NHL.com had some interesting facts regarding Jack

Really can't be understated how much Jack Eichel does for the Sabres. I'd say he and McDavid impact team performance more than any forwards.

Last night:

DZone carry outs, 11. Next on BUF, 5. OZone carry ins, 11. Next on BUF, 6. Puck possession, 2:30. Next highest forward, 1:36.

OZone Possession / game

Eichel: 1:00, next on BUF, 0:45

Dzone controlled exits / game

Eichel: 6.6, next on BUF, 4.2

Ozone controlled entries / game

Eichel: 8.1, next on Buf, 5.0

Goals / game

Eichel: 0.46, next on Buf, 0.33.

Point on Eichel isn't that he's NHL's best forward, it's that he may be most valuable to his team based on how much he outperforms teammates

Would be nice, but it's doubtful.

Honestly, could see Moulson getting grabbed sooner. His $5MM cap hit is excessive / production (& especially so vs expected future production) but he's only getting paid $3MM 2 years from now. So a team that will presumably be lower salary (expecting a lot of youth in early seasons) can be $2MM closer to the cap than they really are.

Tyler Ennis will be fine.

He's been back for 4 games and we are 4-0 in those games.

He has, & he still has the hands of a waterbug. He just doesn't have the legs. He's about the only guy on the roster I really hope gets traded this year or gets Vegas'd in June.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.