GDT: San Jose @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 11/14/2015

WildCard

Yoooouuuuurrrrrrr Buffalo Sabres entertain the San Jose Sharks tonight in a Saturday night showdown. The Sabres will look to extend their winning streak to 4 consecutive games, and improve on their recent stretch of going 6-2 overall, including winning 4/5. With Gionta scoring in Florida, and Reinhart showing he belongs on the pp, the Sabres are firing on all lines right now and are starting to look like a dangerous team in the EC. Linus Ullmark was, again, brilliant, stopping 36/38 shots in Florida Thursday night, one with his face. Cody Franson looks to extend his point/goal streak to 3 games as well, and the Sabres will be anxious to get over the .500 hump.

Buffalo has won three in a row and five of six after starting the season 2-6-0.
"We thought we were better than that," Sabres coach Dan Bylsma said. "We thought we had played better games than that. We've kind of focused on going 6-4 in the next 10 games, and 6-4 in the next 10 games to fight our way back to .500. We've been able to do that a little bit sooner stretch than 6-4 and 6-4. I really believe in developing the belief in how we need to play, and if we play that way we're going to give ourselves a chance to win hockey games. I think we're doing that."  Florida Postgame

The Sharks meanwhile, have hit quite the rough patch ever since Couture has gone out with an ankle injury (won't be back until November 22nd). Going 4-6 in their last 10 and coming off a 3-2 win in Detroit Friday night, SJ will look to forget the swirling rumors surrounding their leader Patrick Marleau. The Sharks are an extremely beatable team, though they do hold a 5-3 road record. Martin Jones got the start last nigh, so perhaps with back-to-backs the backup, Alex Stalock, will get the start tonight (1-3, .894%)

Look for Chad Johnson to again get the nod tonight, and the same Sabres lineup to be present. No Bogo yet, but we're getting closer.

Game Preview

Stats:
 All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Friday's Practice Report (lines are from the last 2 games, with wins in both games don't expect any changes)

Forwards: 

26 Matt Moulson – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 12 Brian Gionta

88 Jamie McGinn – 15 Jack Eichel – 63 Tyler Ennis

22 Johan Larsson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 23 Sam Reinhart

54 Tim Schaller– 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno

Defense:

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 46 Cody Franson

25 Carlo Colaiacovo– 3 Mark Pysyk

6 - Mike Weber

31 Chad Johnson
35 Linus Ullmark

20141117_sabres_preview_DL.jpg

Edited by WildCard

Um Wild, the Sabres are looking to extend the win streak to four games no?

You know I am just naturally that guy. I try not to be that buy but NOOOOO I have to point out the errors of others. me. I can never be the nice guy unless it's with the lady. And she is casting doubts!

Love your GDT's though man. Please keep at it :beer:  :thumbsup:  I really am appreciating what you are putting forth here; Is there a tip jar?

I'll be at the game tonight in my favorite Chet and Muffy section cheering my fool head off. I think I may stand out in my section with that!

Lets make it four!

For the first time this young season tonight it's the B**b tube, Sabres, and my full attention to the game. YES!

I know the distaste for Weber around SS, but statistically I've been tracking him.  He's hardly stat wise the worst defender, and if comparing him to only 3rd pairing defense-men he more than held his own. The sample model is small I know, but I wanted my own eyes to see why the displeasure in his game. I'm might be the only one who is sorry he is out.

I just had a great idea: The Sabres should have some kind of contest for international fans. They'd win a trip to Buffalo for a Sabres game. You could limit it to foreign places where players hail from — Sweden, Finland, Latvia, Pittsburgh. Or open it up to all international fans. We've had posters from England, Germany, Belgium, where else?

By the way, my other idea in this vein, to play the national anthem of players' home countries before selected games, went nowhere. I do not have a great track record.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.