GDT: San Jose @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 11/14/2015

WildCard

The Sharks won last night against Detroit, but I'd put that onto a poor game by Jimmy Howard playing back-up in net as opposed to the Sharks' playing well - the Sharks only made 14 shots in the game - and somehow Howard let 3 of them in.  

IF they only manage 14 or 15 shots against the Sabres, the Sabres win.  

Edited by Jsixspd

Old superstitions die hard, K-9.   #ItGetsBetter

The Sharks won last night against Detroit, but I'd put that onto a poor game by Jimmy Howard playing back-up in net as opposed to the Sharks' playing well - the Sharks only made 14 shots in the game - and somehow Howard let 3 of them in. 

My wife the Wings fan couldn't wait to get rid of Babcock; next on her list is Jimmy Howard.  His best days are behind him.

Yoooouuuuurrrrrrr Buffalo Sabres entertain the San Jose Sharks tonight in a Saturday night showdown. The Sabres will look to extend their winning streak to 4 consecutive games, and improve on their recent stretch of going 6-2 overall, including winning 4/5. With Gionta scoring in Florida, and Reinhart showing he belongs on the pp, the Sabres are firing on all lines right now and are starting to look like a dangerous team in the EC. Linus Ullmark was, again, brilliant, stopping 36/38 shots in Florida Thursday night, one with his face. Cody Franson looks to extend his point/goal streak to 3 games as well, and the Sabres will be anxious to get over the .500 hump.

The Sharks meanwhile, have hit quite the rough patch ever since Couture has gone out with an ankle injury (won't be back until November 22nd). Going 4-6 in their last 10 and coming off a 3-2 win in Detroit Friday night, SJ will look to forget the swirling rumors surrounding their leader Patrick Marleau. The Sharks are an extremely beatable team, though they do hold a 5-3 road record. Martin Jones got the start last nigh, so perhaps with back-to-backs the backup, Alex Stalock, will get the start tonight (1-3, .894%)

Look for Linus Ullmark to again get the nod tonight, and the same Sabres lineup to be present. No Bogo yet, but we're getting closer.

Game Preview

Stats:

All Team Rankings

Team Comparison Chart

Friday's Practice Report (lines are from the last 2 games, with wins in both games don't expect any changes)

Forwards: 

26 Matt Moulson – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 12 Brian Gionta

88 Jamie McGinn – 15 Jack Eichel – 63 Tyler Ennis

22 Johan Larsson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 23 Sam Reinhart

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno

Defense:

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 46 Cody Franson

25 Carlo Colaiacovo– 3 Mark Pysyk

6 - Mike Weber

35 Linus Ullmark

31 Chad Johnson

20141117_sabres_preview_DL.jpg

Didn't Schaller play for Deslauriers vs Panthers?

Alright I did te GDT a little drunk, I'll fix it

A drunk WC GDT is still good. Just not perfect. 

That's what happens when you set the bar so high on your own.

I shall throw no bricks at *the glass house of things done with good intentions* while having a few libations. All those that do not partake in the nectar of the gods are the only ones that have the right to cast a stone, else I consider thy a hypocrite.

Edited by Woods-Racer

I have 1 ticket available for tonight's game, gratis - sec 105, row 11. I have a pair and I am in town, will be using 1 ticket.

Please PM me if interested, first come/first serve. I will update the Board once it has been claimed.

Neo, you there ..?    :flirt:

Tampa tonight!

I have 1 ticket available for tonight's game, gratis - sec 105, row 11. I have a pair and I am in town, will be using 1 ticket.

Please PM me if interested, first come/first serve. I will update the Board once it has been claimed.

Neo, you there ..?    :flirt:

Seriously? 

Are you sure you'd want the likes of ME, sitting next to you?

If you're still here Tuesday with an extra ticket.... 

######, let's hope Chad does the job well tonight!

He switches up the Goalies alot, DB. Looks to be a solid plan so far, just hope it wont bring the first loss against 

sharks since 2005. 

Go sabres!

Me too! honestly I am surprised by Johnson starting but he did play fantastic in his last start.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.