GDT: San Jose @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 11/14/2015

WildCard

Well we'd be playing what, 5 or 6 national anthems each night? In different languages too? Long and expensive

I didn't explain it fully. You'd play Sweden one time a season, Latvia one time etc. And you could do it instead of Canada if the two minutes are that precious.

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' lines: Moulson-O'Reilly-Gionta, McGinn-Eichel-Ennis, Larsson-Girgensons-Reinhart, Deslauriers-Legwand-Foligno, with Schaller.

@BuffaloSabres: Defense pairings:

Gorges-Ristolainen

McCabe-Pysyk

Colaiacovo-Franson

Bogosian rotating in & out with first pairing.

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' lines: Moulson-O'Reilly-Gionta, McGinn-Eichel-Ennis, Larsson-Girgensons-Reinhart, Deslauriers-Legwand-Foligno, with Schaller.

@BuffaloSabres: Defense pairings:

Gorges-Ristolainen

McCabe-Pysyk

Colaiacovo-Franson

Bogosian rotating in & out with first pairing.

So Disco Dan's swiveling hips seem to be settling down.

Hey guys!  :w00t:

Staying up late tonight to watch the game from Sweden, can't wait, hoping for yet another beauty,

Is tonights team broadcasted yet?

Awesome! Glad you get a chance to watch it. What time will it be where you live when the game starts? 

I just had a great idea: The Sabres should have some kind of contest for international fans. They'd win a trip to Buffalo for a Sabres game. You could limit it to foreign places where players hail from — Sweden, Finland, Latvia, Pittsburgh. Or open it up to all international fans. We've had posters from England, Germany, Belgium, where else?

By the way, my other idea in this vein, to play the national anthem of players' home countries before selected games, went nowhere. I do not have a great track record.

Good idea, but people in USA want to hear the national anthem on a game, not swedens, Ullmark would apreciate it, but im pretty sure he appreciates the national anthem of USA as much, i am sure it makes him proud to hear it, it reminds him of where he is, and who invited him to play in their country, as an human beeing, as an guest, as an goalie, as an sabre.

It also have to do with traditions, traditions should never be broken if they combine what we are as fans.

That is my opinion.

Awesome! Glad you get a chance to watch it. What time will it be where you live when the game starts? 

1 am

I just had a great idea: The Sabres should have some kind of contest for international fans. They'd win a trip to Buffalo for a Sabres game. You could limit it to foreign places where players hail from — Sweden, Finland, Latvia, Pittsburgh. Or open it up to all international fans. We've had posters from England, Germany, Belgium, where else?

By the way, my other idea in this vein, to play the national anthem of players' home countries before selected games, went nowhere. I do not have a great track record.

Keep thinkin'. I'd enjoy both.

Please tell me you're kidding on Bogosian going down. 

Saxed from nhl.com

Sabres team scope: Buffalo has won three straight games and five of six to reach .500 for the first time since the end of the 2012-13 season. Rookie goalie Linus Ullmark made 36 saves in a 3-2 victory at the Florida Panthers on Thursday. Coach Dan Bylsma would not say Friday whether Ullmark or Chad Johnson will start. Ullmark is 4-2-0 with a 2.45 goals-against average and .924 save percentage. Defenseman Zach Bogosian, who has been out since the first week of training camp because of a lower-body injury, was a full participant at practice Friday. "We were on the ice at 11 or 12, and I think I was out here at like 8 o'clock," Bogosian told the Sabres website. "I was a little excited." Bylsma said he hopes to have Bogosian participate in a morning skate at some point next week to determine if he's ready for game action. Defenseman Mike Weber is week-to-week after he had surgery Friday on a lingering knee injury, Bylsma said.

Where did you read this ?

@pham1717: Johnson's in goal tonight.

@BuffNewsVogl: Chad Johnson (4-6, .896) will start in goal for Sabres against Sharks.

@JoeYerdon: Chad Johnson off the ice first.

@BillHoppeNHL: Chad Johnson starts for #Sabres tonight.

@BuffaloSabres: #Sabres Coach Dan Bylsma says Chad Johnson starts in goal tonight. #SJSvsBUF

@pham1717: Johnson's in goal tonight.

@BuffNewsVogl: Chad Johnson (4-6, .896) will start in goal for Sabres against Sharks.

@JoeYerdon: Chad Johnson off the ice first.

@BillHoppeNHL: Chad Johnson starts for #Sabres tonight.

@BuffaloSabres: #Sabres Coach Dan Bylsma says Chad Johnson starts in goal tonight. #SJSvsBUF

Sorry MODO, I was also hoping for an Ullmark start. Still excited for the game though!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.