Weber-Franson?  Not sure about that.

Forwards

@BuffaloSabres: #Sabres lines at AM skate

O'Reilly-Girgensons-Ennis

Kane-Eichel-Gionta

Deslauriers-Legwand-Foligno

Moulson-Larsson/Reinhart-McGinn

#BUFvsFLA

Reinhart has been working with the PP Units per reports. He probably doesn't sit tonight

Moulson to the 4th line?  :blink:

The Sabres embark on their first road trip of the season this year, heading down to Florida to take on the Florida Panthers tonight and the Tampa Bay Lightning Saturday night.

The Sabres will face a Panthers team that has come swinging out of the gates. Stalwart goaltender Luongo and his partner Montoya have combined .968 sv % to start the season, only allowing 3 goals so far. The Panthers and the Sabres will be looking to build off impressive wins against the Hurricanes and Blue Jackets. Luongo is expected to start tonight

The Panthers went 4-0-1 vs Buffalo last year, although that might be a team's worst record against us last year for all we know

Gionta is expected to make his season debut. 

Here's the game preview

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020055&navid=sb:preview&intcmpid=sb-preview

464785784_slide.jpg

If the Sabres hope to make the playoffs this season, the Panthers are a good measuring stick

Row of people dressed as empty seats: Shhh, don't make any noise or the ushers will realize we moved down.

Panthers have been scoring in bunches so far this year. 4 goals in 5:23 in a 7-1 win against Philly, then got shutout in the second of a home & home and topped it off with 3 goals in 5:55 in a 4-1 win against Carolina.

Some useless trivia.............. Brandon Pirri set an NHL record last year with the highest goals:assist ratio at 22:2 in 49 games. So far this year he has 3 assists breaking last year's total.

Who 'round here lervs the Panthers? That's not some false memory, is it?

I think it's JJ that's rooting with mixed loyalties tonight.

It seems a lot of people seem to default to Samson as the guy who will sit out. The idea of this, though, is contrary to Murray's objective for the year as a growth/development year. I'm not going to look for quotes, he's said something to that effect enough since the summer.

As discussed in das Rhindeheart thread, it's clear there is a split amongst the postership over the strategy for Samson's development. But, I just don't see Rinehard going to the AHL unless he starts to fall behind the rest of the bottom six, which I don't believe has happened.

Who 'round here lervs the Panthers? That's not some false memory, is it?

Row of people dressed as empty seats: Shhh, don't make any noise or the ushers will realize we moved down.

I think it's JJ that's rooting with mixed loyalties tonight.

My interest in the Panthers is no different than  everybody else that left BFLO for another city with a hockey team. 

I think the play of our centers allows that now. Weber may not be the best skater or good in an open ice situation, but his play on the boards is really under-rated IMO.

Thanks for pointing this out. Having long ago given up trying to find any positive aspects to Weber's game other than sticking up for teammates, I will begin anew by focusing on his board play. I only hope I don't miss it because I often have to close my eyes for long periods when he is on the ice and the puck is in our zone.

GO SABRES!!!

You seem more angry lately... or less tolerant. Something... have you been hanging around with Eleven more? :)

No. I tried to invite him on a date but he was 2 kewl for me.

I think the play of our centers allows that now. Weber may not be the best skater or good in an open ice situation, but his play on the boards is really under-rated IMO.

I still like Weber as a 6/7 D-man, but I think the Weber Franson pairing is going to get destroyed on the road. On the road, in general, is where our D-corp will show its lack of depth.

I want to create one for Jack... but he doesn't have a good nickname yet

Gonna toot my own horn here, but I still really like Jumpin Jack Flash

No. I tried to invite him on a date but he was 2 kewl for me.

Eleven was too busy trying to get Hoss out for a romantic night at Wendy's IIRC

They're practicing 5-on-3 PP and both Reinhart and Gionta on the units. Makes me wonder if Larsson sits. He has struggled in all 3 games.

Of course I'd rather have Larsson sit than Reinhart, but I honestly have no idea what games Hamilton has been watching if he thinks Larsson has struggled in all of them.

Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717  3h3 hours ago

They're practicing 5-on-3 PP and both Reinhart and Gionta on the units. Makes me wonder if Larsson sits. He has struggled in all 3 games.

Of course I'd rather have Larsson sit than Reinhart, but I honestly have no idea what games Hamilton has been watching if he thinks Larsson has struggled in all of them.

Yep. My reaction was the same as yours.

I don't think Larsson has been struggling at all. Though, if we had the same expectations for Larsson as we did Reinhart, we might view it differently. 

I'm glad McGinn isn't coming out, I've really liked his game

I am with you Blue. I thought for a second you were hating Larsson and I was worried you were having a stroke.  Hamilton is just wrong. Larsson has been better than Reinhart and Legwand and McGinn and Foligno and (we all get the point).  Larsson was centering the 3rd line I think when the Sabres tweeted lines.

Larsson is starting 75% of his shifts in the defensive zone and is still running a 46.4% Corsi. His defensive game is very solid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.