GDT: Buffalo @ Florida, 7:30 pm edt, 10/15/2105

WildCard

Montreal isn't exactly the poster child for an effective bottom 6, though.

Fair, but I do think Flynn is a decent example of the new age 4th liner. I'm sure some would prefer a more physical player, but guys with some real skill who can chip in on the PK and flex up a line for a short stint without being embarrassing are really what you want.

Those are great points and on a levelheaded day I completely agree but I'm so desperate for any kind of meaningful playoff sports experience from the teams I root for. I'm not a baseball fan but watching those Jays highlights have got me really missing cheering for a team in the post season. Between the Sabres and the Bills...you all know how it is, it's been rough and in today's world of instant gratification I want results.

GO SABRES!

Fair point.  I'm a Jays fan so they have tied me over.  My Generals won the Memorial Cup last year which also helped.  Before that it was a nada for about 5 years so I understand the point.  This team will be good though.  Enjoy the ride my friend :beer:

First off, WC, great GDT.... You guys drooling over 26CB ought to be ashamed of yourselves.... you'll hurt WC's feelings after the job he's done.

Secondly, go sabres

Thanks  :lol:  :beer:

This is gonna be great.

Not sure why I'm looking forward to this game.  But I am.

GO SABRES.

I'm thrilled for this game. I have no work due tonight (well almost none) and it's the first full game I'll see since the opener

Whatever his name ends up, he must have reach and haste.

and vigilance as he is decent on defense (well the back check for sure). Possibly flash but....man my nerd is showing.

Sabres, golf and Magic: The Gathering the reasons why I'm usually some combination of drunk, broke, or screaming at my T.V.

PHam reporting Legwand is sitting tonight.

Sabres' lines: O'Reilly-Girgensons-Ennis, Kane-Eichel-Gionta, Moulson-Larsson-McGinn, Deslauriers-Reinhart-Foligno. Legwand scratched.

Sabres' defense: Gorges-Ristolainen, McCabe-Pysyk, Weber-Franson. Colaiacovo scratched. Chad Johnson and Roberto Luongo in net.

Reinhart with some serious protection there.

Reinhart should be on a line with top tier players.  If he's not, send him down.  He'll get disallusioned and it will stunt his growth.  It's like playing against mediocre players at tennis camp when you're good and have potential but are inexperienced.

Agreed.  If he has to play on the 4th line, send him down and let him play with more offensively gifted players in Rochester and get big minutes.   Not liking this at all.  

Also 3rd line for Moulson huh?   OK.   I'd rather see him in Gionta's spot, but whatever.

Sabres' lines: O'Reilly-Girgensons-Ennis, Kane-Eichel-Gionta, Moulson-Larsson-McGinn, Deslauriers-Reinhart-Foligno. Legwand scratched.

Sabres' defense: Gorges-Ristolainen, McCabe-Pysyk, Weber-Franson. Colaiacovo scratched. Chad Johnson and Roberto Luongo in net.

I wish we could put reinhart with larsson and moulson, then let foligno center (gross) des and mcginn

No place for Kaleta; is it over for him?

Was the national anthem always a part of the broadcast? I know it was always a part of the arena experience, but I seem to remember when they would dip into it for a bit then go back to more pregame analisys on the broad cast. Am I remembering that wrong?

Edited by SwampD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.