GDT: Buffalo @ Florida, 7:30 pm edt, 10/15/2105

WildCard

I don't think Larsson has been struggling at all. Though, if we had the same expectations for Larsson as we did Reinhart, we might view it differently. 

I'm glad McGinn isn't coming out, I've really liked his game

Same here. If McGinn keeps this up, we have to redefine the term "throw in." The man can play.

GO SABRES!!!

I'm glad McGinn isn't coming out, I've really liked his game

I haven't bought into McGinn yet emotionally. It hurts when Samson or Larsson sits; if McGinn sat I really wouldn't care.  I'm not saying McGinn isn't playing well, just that I haven't really adopted him into my vision of the Sabres.

I still haven't forgiven Gionta for his single-handed effort to disrupt the tank last Feb/Mar. Would rather have Larsson or Reinhart in, so hopefully it's Legwand.

Why Roch? To my knowledge, no one from here uses that term. Buffalonians seem intent on using it whenever possible.

Well it is rhyming material.  

If PHam expands on the notion that Larsson has struggled, I'd like to see that detail. 

Me too. I see a player strong on the puck, getting it deep, and creating traffic. Granted I've been watching McGinn more closely, but McGinn would be a road scratch in my opinion.  Keep Larsson in to counter mismatches on the ice. 

There should be tens of people at this game in South Florida.

This writer would beg to differ : http://therattrick.com/2015/10/15/florida-panthers-have-best-attendance-in-nhl/

That being said, I've been to a game or two in Florida a few years ago and the attendance/atmosphere was pathetic. I'm glad they're turning it around down there.

Same here. If McGinn keeps this up, we have to redefine the term "throw in." The man can play.

GO SABRES!!!

I recall when the trade first happened a lot of Colorado fans came out of the woodwork to tell Sabres fans that we're gonna love McGinn. I'm really liking his game, guy is a true 3rd line player. 

On a different note, I wish I could just push the fast forward button and stop at the time we have Eichel as our number 1 center with O'Reilly on the wing and Reinhart as the #2 center. 

On a different note, I wish I could just push the fast forward button and stop at the time we have Eichel as our number 1 center with O'Reilly on the wing and Reinhart as the #2 center. 

Not me.  I'm loving the development of this team.  I want to watch it all, to soak it in.

Larsson hasn't got a point yet. Struggling.

Ask anyone who has never played hockey.

I'm Samson's biggest booster, but I think he is the right guy to sit.

I love the fact we are sitting NHL players instead of struggling to find one to play on the second line.

Edited by dudacek

This writer would beg to differ : http://therattrick.com/2015/10/15/florida-panthers-have-best-attendance-in-nhl/

That being said, I've been to a game or two in Florida a few years ago and the attendance/atmosphere was pathetic. I'm glad they're turning it around down there.

I recall when the trade first happened a lot of Colorado fans came out of the woodwork to tell Sabres fans that we're gonna love McGinn. I'm really liking his game, guy is a true 3rd line player. 

I'm the exact opposite.  We all figure this team is going to be really good in the not too distant future.  Jack Eichel is a star in the making and we are just experiencing this for the first time.  This season is going to be so much fun, even if we continue to win only 1 every 3 games (although I think the wins will be coming soon).  I don't feel the pressure as a fan to have my team win and I can just enjoy good hockey for a change.  In a years time we're really going to start wanting wins and overanalyzing losses.  Especially coming off of how stressful how last season was, I'm in no hurray for the year to pass by.

I'm the exact opposite. We all figure this team is going to be really good in the not too distant future. Jack Eichel is a star in the making and we are just experiencing this for the first time. This season is going to be so much fun, even if we continue to win only 1 every 3 games (although I think the wins will be coming soon). I don't feel the pressure as a fan to have my team win and I can just enjoy good hockey for a change. In a years time we're really going to start wanting wins and overanalyzing losses. Especially coming off of how stressful how last season was, I'm in no hurray for the year to pass by.

We are of like minds :)

Not me.  I'm loving the development of this team.  I want to watch it all, to soak it in.

I'm the exact opposite.  We all figure this team is going to be really good in the not too distant future.  Jack Eichel is a star in the making and we are just experiencing this for the first time.  This season is going to be so much fun, even if we continue to win only 1 every 3 games (although I think the wins will be coming soon).  I don't feel the pressure as a fan to have my team win and I can just enjoy good hockey for a change.  In a years time we're really going to start wanting wins and overanalyzing losses.  Especially coming off of how stressful how last season was, I'm in no hurray for the year to pass by.

We are of like minds :)

:beer:

Edited by Robins Egg

Those are great points and on a levelheaded day I completely agree but I'm so desperate for any kind of meaningful playoff sports experience from the teams I root for. I'm not a baseball fan but watching those Jays highlights have got me really missing cheering for a team in the post season. Between the Sabres and the Bills...you all know how it is, it's been rough and in today's world of instant gratification I want results.

GO SABRES!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.